Pages:
Author

Topic: Why drop in price when listed on exchange market? - page 8. (Read 1237 times)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509
The market situation and the inexperience of the team have a big portion in this regard. Maybe, they also try the best level of presentations, but the result is so different from what is expected. But, in any case it is always possible to be better.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 256
This as been a question running through my mind always. All ICOs have their ICO price and sales price.  The ICO price is usually lesser than the market price (that is why people invest to make profit when its listed).
But this days when coin is listed the price drop drastically much more than ICO price which left the investors of no profit.
What could cause this drop when listed?
Let's hear our own though please.
maybe because the project was not so good, investors were competing to sell tokens they had bought and the buyers who were not too many were causing the tokens to be registered when they dropped
Activity: 132
Merit: 3
I think the dumping is really caused by the team behind the project and not bounty hunters. Things have really changed in recent times unlike sometime past when it was really profitable to invest in ICO projects. Investors could easily make profit both on the short and long term.
Activity: 1093
Merit: 103
This is short of calculate check history. Listed exchange not enough, to price drop depends on coinmarketcap value and others problem without STO.
copper member
Activity: 233
Merit: 0
There is bound to be a drop in price WHENEVER Sellers are more willing to sell than buyers are willing to buy- simple supply-demand rule. In most cases ICO participants are given way more discounts than necesary, so they try to sell off and gain profit. Bounty hunters who gained coin almost free may be willing to sell off not considering the initial price of coin.

This is really true and I think this is the main reason for coin drop when listed. The bounty hunters sell at the rate they wish so as to sell and gain since the coin was gain for free. And few of the ICO use to do buy back to raise the price
Activity: 744
Merit: 10
Syntrum.com
Most people blame bounty hunters. But let's bear in mind that these bounty hunters normally have up to 1% of the tokens. I will blame some of the team members or advisors who possess a large amount of coins and dump it when it is listed.

Yes, the allocation from bounty is only 1 to 2% of the number of tokens sold.
Project developers always have a way to increase the price of the coins they make, but if the products they have are not in accordance with the road map plan, I think the price of coins will continue to fall, but for developers who want to increase the price of tokens quickly they will burn tokens when the tokens not sold. this will reduce the total number of tokens and reduce the supply of tokens
Activity: 1484
Merit: 516
All want to take advantage so the price seems to fall but it is all just a process so the price can go up again depending on the strength of the product, there are those token continue to lose and become shit tokens but there is also a return increase depending on developments so don't panic when a token drops down by the way if the product is successful it will rise again and become a bigger profit.
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
There are many reasons for this kind of situations! every projects always offering 10% to 50% extra tokens for buying when running ico or ieo! and otger reasons bounty participants wants to instant money and they demand cheap price when token goes for exchange!
They don't demand for a cheaper price, bounty hunters dump their token to received the reward and the big investors are just waiting for the bottom so he can become a whale on that specific coin. This is normal ever since, I think if the coin goes high after the exchange listing then the hype is strong and after that, you can just the price starting to go down. I've witnessed many coins like this, but most of them are still on the market which is a good sign of not a shitcoin.
Activity: 546
Merit: 11
Most people blame bounty hunters. But let's bear in mind that these bounty hunters normally have up to 1% of the tokens. I will blame some of the team members or advisors who possess a large amount of coins and dump it when it is listed.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
Huh, it looks like I'm tired of seeing questions like this, but I will try to answer you.
That such ICO is nothing more than a hype that only collects funds for their own benefit even though they actually don't really develop the project seriously. Therefore ICO is now being abandoned by investors and turning to the IEO.
Activity: 501
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I think the reason that the prices of new altcoins when listed on exchange market drop is because of dumpers who greeds to exchange their altcoins. Lots of these dumpers lacks the patient to hold their altcoins for long term to earn a great amount of profits but they still do dump it which affects the price of altcoins.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
because every single person that is involved in an ICO token from bounty beggars and investors to the owners themselves have zero faith in the token. their only goal is to make a quick amount of money from something so risky such as ICO.
so as soon as they gain the ability to dump the token they don't hesitate to do so which is why ICO token prices tank as soon as they are listed on an exchange and obviously after that they continue going down because they are useless.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
This as been a question running through my mind always. All ICOs have their ICO price and sales price.  The ICO price is usually lesser than the market price (that is why people invest to make profit when its listed).
But this days when coin is listed the price drop drastically much more than ICO price which left the investors of no profit.
This is a common occurrence during this time, the price of a token has decreased after listing on the exchange. even though it should be calculated then the price increases and is much higher than pre-sale. for me this problem starts from a project that is not ready yet, the project does not have a product or idea that has good value. so in my opinion every project should be able to build an image much earlier and they don't rush into listing.
Activity: 588
Minter
Various factors influence the price: 1 - did the team carry out a bounty program. 2 - Investors at Pre - ICO who bought at a discount. 3 - The team itself can merge tokens and bring down the price.
Activity: 532
Bountyhive.io
I used to wonder about this too but I later found out that there are many weak hands who are eagerly waiting for coins to be listed on exchange so that they will sell off, so I think that's more reason for drop in price.
Activity: 1382
Merit: 105
As you know when investors invest in ICO's,the price is lower than exchanges and after launch they wants to earn profit on investment that's why sold and dum the coin or token.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 388
Because some people who have hold that token sell it like grazy on the market.
that's why price drop dramaticly more than ICO
Who are sell it? Maybe developer, exchange people, bounty hunter or investor need money fast.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 504
The drop in price happens because there is a lot of fake and hype during the ICO created by the team. You never know whether they really collected the money they claim to have collected and then on the exchange the real price for the token gets revealed. Or no tokens have been sold at all but they just say they sold some, get listed and sell them there.
copper member
Activity: 1190
Merit: 3
I believe its because of tokens distributed to partners, to participants of private sale(with very big discount or huge bonus),tokens distributed to team members. As soon as coin or tokens get listed to exchanges, some portion got sold out. Regulations to crypto will definitely solve this situation. Also I see its kind of strategy from projects and exchanges where its listed, because without any trading volume, people may consider this project as dead or zero demand.
Its always better to invest in ICOs, IEOs after they list on exchanges.
Activity: 119
Merit: 2
  concerning this question, i used to think Airdroppers and bounty hunters were the cause of prices of token dropping below ICO price as soon as its listed .
But recently i have seen ,some projects that developers locked  all Bounty hunters rewards , yet the token still go far below ICO price.
so with this i think the early investors who got a huge percentage of bonuses  or developing Team are also part of this price dump .
Pages:
Jump to: