Pages:
Author

Topic: Why drop in price when listed on exchange market? - page 9. (Read 1237 times)

Activity: 474
Merit: 250
Now there are not many good ICO projects to invest in, why are you investing in ICOs? while IEOs are often more profitable
Activity: 1428
Merit: 250
There are many reasons for this kind of situations! every projects always offering 10% to 50% extra tokens for buying when running ico or ieo! and otger reasons bounty participants wants to instant money and they demand cheap price when token goes for exchange!
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
Its because of dumping usually the it happens on any ICO coins/token after when it was listed on any exchange specially when the project is not yet fully functional no working product and services that resulted in no active token utilization resulting in dumping from the ICO participants and some Bounty hunters.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
This as been a question running through my mind always. All ICOs have their ICO price and sales price.  The ICO price is usually lesser than the market price (that is why people invest to make profit when its listed).
But this days when coin is listed the price drop drastically much more than ICO price which left the investors of no profit.
What could cause this drop when listed?
Let's hear our own though please.

in my opinion why the price on the market could fall and not match the ICO price because many of the coin holders sell cheaply, so the coin price goes down ... and this is usually done by bounty hunters who want to get a small profit ... and investors who receive big bonuses also usually do the same thing ... because when they are able to benefit from the amount they invested in ICO ... they will also sell at a low price ...
Activity: 2884
Merit: 579
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
I can't remember on how many times this question has been asked. But the reason for this is very simple.

People who invested and the team that has created that ICO starts to D-U-M-P that token when its gets on exchanges.
copper member
Activity: 617
Merit: 3
The wonders of the blockchain technology
There is bound to be a drop in price WHENEVER Sellers are more willing to sell than buyers are willing to buy- simple supply-demand rule. In most cases ICO participants are given way more discounts than necesary, so they try to sell off and gain profit. Bounty hunters who gained coin almost free may be willing to sell off not considering the initial price of coin.
Activity: 280
Merit: 14
It should be known that some project are unorganized they put up a particular amount during initial coin offering sale but when they list it gets dumps due to poor idea or project. Another could be activities from bounty hunters whose interest in on a short term basis
copper member
Activity: 45
Merit: 4
This as been a question running through my mind always. All ICOs have their ICO price and sales price.  The ICO price is usually lesser than the market price (that is why people invest to make profit when its listed).
But this days when coin is listed the price drop drastically much more than ICO price which left the investors of no profit.
man, there's a lot of reasons things drop. Can you send a link to a few graphs that display the kind of pattern you are talking about?
Off my head:
One is the airdrop receipients or Dev team IMMEDIATELY dump
Two you are looking at a graph on coinmarketcap.com, which began quite some time after the project officially "released".
copper member
Activity: 233
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: