Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Google Is the New Evil Empire - page 5. (Read 11333 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
October 02, 2015, 11:37:16 AM
It's scary as hell but aren't we as human race strive for "perfection"? It's just a matter of time when we finally become robots, either we become them or they make us extinct. We already have some persons that can be classified as cyborgs/androids.

Does an ant colony be considered a perfection and should we, as the human race, strive to emulate one on a planetary level? Who should our queen be? Google?

We reached Mars while ants and bees have been doing the same thing, like tiny robots, for millions of years. That is not perfection. That is why Nature created us to be self aware and decide for ourselves.

We talk about ants and bees. Bees and ants do not talk about the human race.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
October 02, 2015, 08:44:37 AM
Thats all pretty deep.  I dont know if I would welcome that or not.  Being smarter would be great but you know that there would be restrictions in place.  You know certain people wont allow us to all be super intelligent. For fear or what the outcome may be like or any action against them.  Be great to be a lawer or something though with those types of implants.    Maybe it would be more like a career spacific programming or something.  Governments I am sure will not allow for everyone to know everything.  They would lose some power over us eventually one way or another.  Plus I am sure there are people out there that would be against it aswell.  Guess there are a load of ways u could look at this.

Could be awesome though.  Imagine what we could do and accomplish. 

Umm yup ill take the nanobots........
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
October 02, 2015, 01:17:04 AM
It's scary as hell but aren't we as human race strive for "perfection"? It's just a matter of time when we finally become robots, either we become them or they make us extinct. We already have some persons that can be classified as cyborgs/androids.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
October 01, 2015, 11:42:23 PM

Google exec: With robots in our brains, we'll be godlike

Futurist and Google exec Ray Kurzweil thinks that once we have robotic implants, we'll be funnier, sexier and more loving. Because that's what artificial intelligence can do for you.

I suspect a few of you are looking forward to being robots.

Who wouldn't be fascinated by the idea of becoming someone other than themselves? We do get so tired of being the same dull soul every day.

What kind of robots will we be? Happily, I can provide an answer. For living inside my head all day have been the words of Google's director of engineering, Ray Kurzweil.

For more than a curt while, he's been keen on humans going over to the bright side. He's predicted that humans will be hybrid robots by 2030.

But what will this be like? More importantly, what will this feel like? Are you ready to engage what's left of your humorous humanity when I offer you the information that Kurzweil believes we're going to be quite wonderful people when we're part robot?

Kurzweil has a truly, madly, deeply optimistic view of who we will be when nanobots are implanted into our brains so we can expand our intelligence by directly tapping into the Internet.

This is such a relief. I had feared that when a robot was implanted into my brain, my head would hurt. I was afraid that I wouldn't be quite in touch with my feelings, as I wouldn't be sure if they were real or just the promptings of my inner robot.

Kurzweil, though, has reassured me. Speaking recently at Singularity University, where he is a member of the faculty, he explained that my brain will develop in the same way my smartphone has.

"We're going to add additional levels of abstraction," he said, "and create more-profound means of expression."

More profound than Twitter? Is that possible?

Kurzweil continued: "We're going to be more musical. We're going to be funnier. We're going to be better at expressing loving sentiment."

Because robots are renowned for their musicality, their sense of humor and their essential loving qualities. Especially in Hollywood movies.

Kurzweil insists, though, that this is the next natural phase of our existence.

"Evolution creates structures and patterns that over time are more complicated, more knowledgeable, more intelligent, more creative, more capable of expressing higher sentiments like being loving," he said. "So it's moving in the direction that God has been described as having -- these qualities without limit."

Yes, we are becoming gods.

"Evolution is a spiritual process and makes us more godlike," was Kurzweil's conclusion.

There's something so uplifting, yet so splendidly egocentric in suggesting that man will soon be God, thanks to artificial intelligence. The mere fact that this intelligence is artificial might be a clue as to its potential limitations.

Moreover, I rather think of us as a dangerous species: Primitive, yet believing we're so very clever.

There are so many fundamental things with which we struggle. Here we are, though, believing that we'll be godlike in a few years' time.

Lord, help us.

http://www.cnet.com/news/google-exec-with-robots-in-our-brains-well-be-godlike/

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
October 01, 2015, 05:03:06 PM
I think he do this because we scare us that we all monitored by him... maybe i can save my life by using tor browser or any browser with no cookies save...
or may we use vpn to be anonimous...

Then... The permanent use of tor and vpn would mean, in your mind, you cannot trust googlefacebooktwitter the same way you would pay for an anti malware for protection...

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
October 01, 2015, 05:00:00 PM
The Facebook and Google generation

Deep.

Activity: 518
Merit: 254
October 01, 2015, 04:26:13 PM
I think he do this because we scare us that we all monitored by him... maybe i can save my life by using tor browser or any browser with no cookies save...
or may we use vpn to be anonimous...
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
October 01, 2015, 03:39:23 PM

This generation and the one before it have been fed into believing the concept of self and privacy are old, dead memes.

But they are right in a sense, if you have a car accident or fall in the middle of the street, there are morons taking your picture and video, that's not Google or Youtube fault. This is what comes with technology as it advances, for many cases it amplifies human stupidity.

You can't educate everyone and tell them it's rude to do that, however you can REGULATE it and make it illegal. That's my point, it's a fine line and it's not always black and white. One can even argue that the ones taking the picture have a right to do so...so privacy as we knew it is long gone. You are being filmed and tracked almost everywhere either by government, companies or people itself.

You cannot create rules and force people to have empathy toward other humans. If it is more important to you to rack up "likes" instead of helping your fellow human then Humanity becomes an old meme.

http://www.worldmag.com/2015/09/a_decline_in_empathy_in_our_smartphone_world

Activity: 357
Merit: 250
October 01, 2015, 03:31:16 PM
10 years ago if someone wanted to look up something, he went to the library.
Today google.com
legendary
October 01, 2015, 03:16:29 PM

This generation and the one before it have been fed into believing the concept of self and privacy are old, dead memes.

But they are right in a sense, if you have a car accident or fall in the middle of the street, there are morons taking your picture and video, that's not Google or Youtube fault. This is what comes with technology as it advances, for many cases it amplifies human stupidity.

You can't educate everyone and tell them it's rude to do that, however you can REGULATE it and make it illegal. That's my point, it's a fine line and it's not always black and white. One can even argue that the ones taking the picture have a right to do so...so privacy as we knew it is long gone. You are being filmed and tracked almost everywhere either by government, companies or people itself.
Activity: 608
Merit: 264
Freedom, Natural Law
October 01, 2015, 03:15:38 PM
The Facebook and Google generation
legendary
October 01, 2015, 03:09:41 PM
I use google for just about everything.  Getting away from them would be a great idea though.

Ever since i seen the news on how they were being re structured and such it made me wonder why.  They say it is for business but I believe it may be but I really do also believe they have an alternative motive.  What that may be I truly do not know.

But I can not see them gathering all the information that they do JUST for marketing.  I think they may have other ideas in mind.  If not now but maybe in the future.

I really dont know what to say.

Besides, I DONT TRUST EMM, and I think the distrust is right up there with our own government.

EDIT: Awesome, just realized this post got me to my member level.   Nice.

They are doing that for marketing purposes, but also because it gives them even more power to hold all this information, just in case. It's not that they will start blackmailing people, but they will have plenty of leverage to negociate with governments, one can say that they are much more powerful already that many of them...

However a government can be overthrown or just reelected. Google or companies like this depend solely on their users, if they really mess up an alternative will gain power and put them out of business in a second.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
October 01, 2015, 03:01:51 PM
I like Google, but generally the larger an organization grows the more difficulty it becomes to resist government meddling, until it grows large enough to step into the shoes of the governments it serves.

Large centralized entities inevitably become a threat to free people...or assist those that are a threat to free people.  Decentralized autonomous entities  could be the fix. 

Maybe.

Activity: 129
October 01, 2015, 02:53:56 PM
I like Google, but generally the larger an organization grows the more difficulty it becomes to resist government meddling, until it grows large enough to step into the shoes of the governments it serves.

Large centralized entities inevitably become a threat to free people...or assist those that are a threat to free people.  Decentralized autonomous entities  could be the fix. 

Maybe.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
October 01, 2015, 02:50:22 PM
I use google for just about everything.  Getting away from them would be a great idea though.

Ever since i seen the news on how they were being re structured and such it made me wonder why.  They say it is for business but I believe it may be but I really do also believe they have an alternative motive.  What that may be I truly do not know.

But I can not see them gathering all the information that they do JUST for marketing.  I think they may have other ideas in mind.  If not now but maybe in the future.

Besides, I DONT TRUST EMM, and I think the distrust is right up there with our own government.

Hey Hello new member! Don't forget we exist because the bitcointalk.org God lets us. Relax and enjoy the ride...

Cheesy

Activity: 168
October 01, 2015, 02:23:26 PM

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
October 01, 2015, 12:39:26 PM
That was a great read, thanks. Like I said, I agree on the points and examples but I'm a little cynical as you see. I admire your optimism and I know you are right in your logic. To me, a paradigm shift be it from Bitcoin or having decentralized institutions will only happen after the current ones collapse because of their own mistakes. And I'm not yet convinced of how a decentralized system will be better than what we have, for example Bitcoin itself, it generates many doubts while being amazingly innovative. One have to admit pros and cons from both sides.

This is what I am wearing right now so to stay protected from google's evil internet rays...
http://s7.postimg.org/nd9z0kbln/image.jpg

We can't imagine what we don't know yet: attempts at projecting a future paradigm shift will fail. It is like asking a caterpillar to imagine and describe how it will feel to fly around as a butterfly. The caterpillar will have a description of the future that will end up looking like this:
http://s1.postimg.org/hknbmygu7/image.jpg

Every organism evolves in a defensive or offensive mode. The bitcoin concept goes beyond money as a reaction to what is happening now. Bitcoin is the antibody, a counter reaction.

Our back and fourth makes sens to us because we a both caterpillars...

legendary
September 30, 2015, 11:56:55 PM
That was a great read, thanks. Like I said, I agree on the points and examples but I'm a little cynical as you see. I admire your optimism and I know you are right in your logic. To me, a paradigm shift be it from Bitcoin or having decentralized institutions will only happen after the current ones collapse because of their own mistakes. And I'm not yet convinced of how a decentralized system will be better than what we have, for example Bitcoin itself, it generates many doubts while being amazingly innovative. One have to admit pros and cons from both sides.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
September 30, 2015, 11:23:30 PM
Allright, now you are losing me. There are no conspiracies, if they are, they are about making money and gain power, that's it (I make it sound so small hehe!). There's no evil masterplan of evil lizards controlling the world. This is the old discussion between 1984 and Brave New World. To me after Nazi Germany and Communism, 1984 is not possible, at least in our age. Brave New World on the other hand is actually the world where we live in right now, and in many years when ethical taboos about genetics and medicine start to crumble we'll actually order perfect babies, have perfect drugs and sex to finally die perfect deaths. And the moral of the story is of course, we the people wanted this, it was not forced upon us by some evil corporations.

Bitcoin is a great technology, with the potential of being the new Internet and redefine our economic system. But concentration of power and regulations are still needed, like we need other things that are "bad" on the surface, they are necessary evils. Oil companies are not developing electric cars not because they are evil, it's because they are EXPENSIVE to produce! When the technologies is there, they will be the first to jump onboard because these are people in positions of power. But it's just not profitable yet and oil is still cheap.

I really understand your position, it's not wrong at all but it's thinking way ahead where our most important problems as humans are gone. We'll be free of many of these issues when money, food and energy become non-factors. Maybe we can see it before we die, who knows, a new technology or alternative energy is found and the world changes, we are living in an era of great development that's for sure.

http://www.businessballs.com/nudge-theory.htm

The concentration of power, if it is totally opaque, is not needed and should be rejected.

legendary
September 30, 2015, 09:54:11 PM
Allright, now you are losing me. There are no conspiracies, if they are, they are about making money and gain power, that's it (I make it sound so small hehe!). There's no evil masterplan of evil lizards controlling the world. This is the old discussion between 1984 and Brave New World. To me after Nazi Germany and Communism, 1984 is not possible, at least in our age. Brave New World on the other hand is actually the world where we live in right now, and in many years when ethical taboos about genetics and medicine start to crumble we'll actually order perfect babies, have perfect drugs and sex to finally die perfect deaths. And the moral of the story is of course, we the people wanted this, it was not forced upon us by some evil corporations.

Bitcoin is a great technology, with the potential of being the new Internet and redefine our economic system. But concentration of power and regulations are still needed, like we need other things that are "bad" on the surface, they are necessary evils. Oil companies are not developing electric cars not because they are evil, it's because they are EXPENSIVE to produce! When the technology is there, they will be the first to jump onboard because these are people in positions of power. But it's just not profitable yet and oil is still cheap.

I really understand your position, it's not wrong at all but it's thinking way ahead where our most important problems as humans are gone. We'll be free of many of these issues when money, food and energy become non-factors. Maybe we can see it before we die, who knows, a new technology or alternative energy is found and the world changes, we are living in an era of great development that's for sure.
Pages:
Jump to: