Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Google Is the New Evil Empire - page 6. (Read 11333 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
September 30, 2015, 06:32:32 PM
Please don't get me wrong, your position is the correct one, the wise one and it's the way it should be. But it's like saying we should make people care about climate change. They care a little, like when Snowden put his life on the line for and thought he was saving the world. Fifteen minutes later everybody was watching something else or booking a trip to the other side of the world. Nobody cares, life's too short and privacy doesn't matter because most people doesn't matter, not in terms of human values, but in terms of what they do and produce.

A dentist or a plumber, do they really have some amazing inherent information value besides what products can you sell them? They don't and so they don't matter, and they don't care.

If a dentist kills a lion the whole world cares. Instantly. Then forget about it. Instantly. Until the next crisis. How come snowden is not the lion? You are talking about Global Warming. You seem to know about adobe products and designing. For one straight week seek what you've learn to be the signs of propaganda. If you see none then good for you. If you see some but you believe this is propaganda for a good cause, then you are a product. The mass is fed with numbing, stupid, useless stories via facebook or a twitter feed. People with an independent mind can sort it out. This is why Counter-current swimming is hard. But when you give up, you become a product.

That's the point actually, I'm no stranger to swimming against the current...and you won't succeed. This is not to say one should give up, it's just acknowledging the fact that the current goes one way because it's supposed to. We can change only so much at once, if you know history it's very clear, revolutions are always needed but they don't change intrinsic human nature, and most just fail.

The dentist did indeed killed a lion, did Facebook/Google actually sold the photo to the media or to sell ads for Peta? There's not a single evidence of any of these companies not respecting their customers privacy, it will be their instant downfall. If the dentist had this trophy photo with the lion in a private album or google drive and the company leaked it or sold it, then the public will react accordingly, I don't have any doubts. Just look what happened to Volkswagen when there is dishonesty. But that didn't happen, so this thread is like conspiracy theorists saying the government wants to enslave you and kill you (that's actually quite accurate if you think about it though haha).

Start watching @51 min for around 10, 15min
https://youtu.be/aA5yGJ4Rj-g?t=51m6s

Never give up.

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
September 30, 2015, 06:31:58 PM
Haha...we are saying the same thing really just from different positions! The problem is that to me is pointless to argue about how these institutions do business. The government and companies really want to enslave us all BUT "just" for profit that's it, haha. They want to sell us products, raise our taxes, etc. That's all there is but they won't kill "The Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs". One can argue that we are doing that ourselves, I just don't see the alternative really, there's no refuge in this earth, it's all taken. Maybe on Mars?
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
September 30, 2015, 05:25:31 PM
Please don't get me wrong, your position is the correct one, the wise one and it's the way it should be. But it's like saying we should make people care about climate change. They care a little, like when Snowden put his life on the line for and thought he was saving the world. Fifteen minutes later everybody was watching something else or booking a trip to the other side of the world. Nobody cares, life's too short and privacy doesn't matter because most people doesn't matter, not in terms of human values, but in terms of what they do and produce.

A dentist or a plumber, do they really have some amazing inherent information value besides what products can you sell them? They don't and so they don't matter, and they don't care.

If a dentist kills a lion the whole world cares. Instantly. Then forget about it. Instantly. Until the next crisis. How come snowden is not the lion? You are talking about Global Warming. You seem to know about adobe products and designing. For one straight week seek what you've learn to be the signs of propaganda. If you see none then good for you. If you see some but you believe this is propaganda for a good cause, then you are a product. The mass is fed with numbing, stupid, useless stories via facebook or a twitter feed. People with an independent mind can sort it out. This is why Counter-current swimming is hard. But when you give up, you become a product.

That's the point actually, I'm no stranger to swimming against the current...and you won't succeed. This is not to say one should give up, it's just acknowledging the fact that the current goes one way because it's supposed to. We can change only so much at once, if you know history it's very clear, revolutions are always needed but they don't change intrinsic human nature, and most just fail.

The dentist did indeed killed a lion, did Facebook/Google actually sold the photo to the media or to sell ads for Peta? There's not a single evidence of any of these companies not respecting their customers privacy, it will be their instant downfall. If the dentist had this trophy photo with the lion in a private album or google drive and the company leaked it or sold it, then the public will react accordingly, I don't have any doubts. Just look what happened to Volkswagen when there is dishonesty. But that didn't happen, so this thread is like conspiracy theorists saying the government wants to enslave you and kill you (that's actually quite accurate if you think about it though haha).

Sounds like I should keep this thread up to date for a little while then...

Cheesy

legendary
September 30, 2015, 02:34:19 PM

legendary
Activity: 1134
Soon, I have to go away.
September 30, 2015, 02:10:24 PM
I find this strange when searching on Google.

As you can see I am not searching for anything malicious so why do I get this message?

For sure it must be a keyword that is flagged, but who makes these assumptions that makes me look suspicious?

I get this message all the time.  If you are using a public wifi (Starbucks, university, etc) or a proxy or VPN service you will get this message.

It has nothing to do with what you are searching, it has to do with the amount of search requests coming from the ISP you are connected to.  

@Wilikon   I have anti malware running in the background all the time, nothing to report, even a full ESET smart scan over night was clean.

@Jamie90  I guess you was right, I had three pages searching at the same time, I must have made about fifty or so searches.
Also my browser is using a proxy  Wink
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
September 29, 2015, 04:10:02 PM

As you can see I am not searching for anything malicious so why do I get this message?

For sure it must be a keyword that is flagged, but who makes these assumptions that makes me look suspicious?
http://i.imgur.com/6fy7uK7.png
I get this message all the time.  If you are using a public wifi (Starbucks, university, etc) or a proxy or VPN service you will get this message.

It has nothing to do with what you are searching, it has to do with the amount of search requests coming from the ISP you are connected to.  
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
September 29, 2015, 04:04:52 PM

Do you have an anti malware installed? Windows or OSX? Browser?. Shut down your machine. Reboot. Use www.startpage.com and do the same exact search and compare the results.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
September 29, 2015, 04:01:56 PM

legendary
Activity: 1134
Soon, I have to go away.
September 29, 2015, 03:52:13 PM

legendary
September 29, 2015, 03:40:07 PM

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
September 29, 2015, 03:32:18 PM
I don't know really, please help me. I don't think you lose your ownership of course, they were created by you, but they acquire the rights to do whatever with it really. They don't or do just what people tolerate and it ask you first, like using it in ads.

Can Pepsi call facebook and negotiate the licence of the image you took, for their next worldwide advertising campaign? If you do not know the details, then you are a product.

Nothing personal and I respect your opinion.

legendary
September 29, 2015, 03:19:04 PM
I don't know really, please help me. I don't think you lose your ownership of course, they were created by you, but they acquire the rights to do whatever with it really. They don't or do just what people tolerate and it ask you first, like using it in ads.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
September 29, 2015, 03:14:58 PM
It doesn't matter what I believe. I believe some product prices are ridiculous and I'm know I'm overpaying but in many cases I need them, so I'm in like everyone else. I use Adobe products, if tomorrow Adobe has all its products in the cloud and owns everything (I doubt it because this is copyright protected stuff) I would have to jump on board. Or I can use the Linux alternative that no company or colleague uses and save it in another format...right.

You want it to be one way but it's the other way.

Yes, It's a quote from "The Wire" haha.

When you upload you photos to facebook do you lose their ownership?

legendary
September 29, 2015, 03:00:10 PM
It doesn't matter what I believe. I believe some product prices are ridiculous and I'm know I'm overpaying but in many cases I need them, so I'm in like everyone else. I use Adobe products, if tomorrow Adobe has all its products in the cloud and owns everything (I doubt it because this is copyright protected stuff) I would have to jump on board. Or I can use the Linux alternative that no company or colleague uses and save it in another format...right.

You want it to be one way but it's the other way.

Yes, It's a quote from "The Wire" haha.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
September 29, 2015, 02:31:18 PM
Hey, it's just my opinion and I think it's perfectly valid. I actually love the technology and it is revolutionary, it may be a paradigm shift like the press.

And I would prefer to own my online activity but then you would have to actually pay for Facebook and Google services for example like you do with Adobe, Netflix, Microsoft or the like. In my case and many others like me, we just don't really care about our "privacy" because it doesn't exist unless you live under a cave building bombs.

What I mean is, if people have actual evidence of wrong doings by these companies then it would be much easier to convince the mainstream to adopt more privacy alternatives. To 99% of the population it means nothing, doesn't affect their living in any way. I've never had any problems with my credit cards or bank accounts (I live in a third world country where banks actually take off with your savings, I've seen an economical crisis first hand), but they never robbed me and if even they did, I'm still covered by policies and insurances. People are actually afraid of Bitcoin, the "hackers" and money laundering and drug industry people that accept it, they are the ones in the shadows. That what needs to change for Bitcoin to succeed, not the other way around.

Governments and companies ARE people. Do you really think anyone would buy a car or a house with Bitcoin when that is the wild wild west and banks and credit cards are available?

Do you believe if you do not pay for a product, you are the product?

legendary
September 29, 2015, 02:25:14 PM
Hey, it's just my opinion and I think it's perfectly valid. I actually love the technology and it is revolutionary, it may be a paradigm shift like the press.

And I would prefer to own my online activity but then you would have to actually pay for Facebook and Google services for example like you do with Adobe, Netflix, Microsoft or the like. In my case and many others like me, we just don't really care about our "privacy" because it doesn't exist unless you live under a cave building bombs.

What I mean is, if people have actual evidence of wrong doings by these companies then it would be much easier to convince the mainstream to adopt more privacy alternatives. To 99% of the population it means nothing, doesn't affect their living in any way. I've never had any problems with my credit cards or bank accounts (I live in a third world country where banks actually take off with your savings, I've seen an economical crisis first hand), but they never robbed me and if even they did, I'm still covered by policies and insurances. People are actually afraid of Bitcoin, the "hackers" and money laundering and drug industry people that accept it, they are the ones in the shadows. That what needs to change for Bitcoin to succeed, not the other way around.

Governments and companies ARE people. Do you really think anyone would buy a car or a house with Bitcoin when that is the wild wild west and banks and credit cards are available?
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
September 29, 2015, 01:47:52 PM
Look guys, they just want to sell you stuff, they are not after your freedom, many of you sound like lunatics honestly. It's all about the money, aren't we all chasing the same pipedream afterall?

Yeah...
By the way, can you share with us all your google research you've made in the past 6 months? Don't tell us you are using duckduckgo, that would be lame...
Also, when I clicked on your profile it says your email was hidden... We are not trying to sell you stuff... You don't need to hide from us.

Aren't we all for total openness on the internet and not care about what people know about us, what we buy, from clothing to a specific prescription?

What's your real email address? Do you have a facebook account? I need to link your bitcointalk.org profile to your google research, to your email address to your facebook to the prescription you are taking, you and your family...

Nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide...

Cool

The point is there is no evidence Google, Facebook, Apple or Microsoft want to harm us in any way, they just want to sell us stuff. I don't share my email or my facebook account and that's my right, but I know Facebook actually owns my photos and everything I write or upload to Google Drive or Gmail is kinda out there somehow. But the minute they have a leak of information, like leaked emails or personal photos (not from a hack but because they sold it) they will go down instantly trust me. They respect our personal data more than you think.

Now if you want to discuss that a government might pressure these companies for personal information, that's another story. I still don't understand off-the-grid guys in this day and age. I mean it's a miracle that the internet hasn't been regulated or censored yet (at least in most parts of the world). It shouldn't even exist as it is if you ask me considering how things are run in this world.

I believe you are missing the point why bitointalk.org was created by who you know...

legendary
September 29, 2015, 01:36:26 AM
Look guys, they just want to sell you stuff, they are not after your freedom, many of you sound like lunatics honestly. It's all about the money, aren't we all chasing the same pipedream afterall?

Yeah...
By the way, can you share with us all your google research you've made in the past 6 months? Don't tell us you are using duckduckgo, that would be lame...
Also, when I clicked on your profile it says your email was hidden... We are not trying to sell you stuff... You don't need to hide from us.

Aren't we all for total openness on the internet and not care about what people know about us, what we buy, from clothing to a specific prescription?

What's your real email address? Do you have a facebook account? I need to link your bitcointalk.org profile to your google research, to your email address to your facebook to the prescription you are taking, you and your family...

Cool

The point is there is no evidence Google, Facebook, Apple or Microsoft want to harm us in any way, they just want to sell us stuff. I don't share my email or my facebook account and that's my right, but I know Facebook actually owns my photos and everything I write or upload to Google Drive or Gmail is kinda out there somehow. But the minute they have a leak of information, like leaked emails or personal photos (not from a hack but because they sold it) they will go down instantly trust me. They respect our personal data more than you think.

Now if you want to discuss that a government might pressure these companies for personal information, that's another story. I still don't understand off-the-grid guys in this day and age. I mean it's a miracle that the internet hasn't been regulated or censored yet (at least in most parts of the world). It shouldn't even exist as it is if you ask me considering how things are run in this world.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
September 29, 2015, 12:21:07 AM

Yeah...

Cool

legendary
September 28, 2015, 11:53:03 PM
Pages:
Jump to: