Pages:
Author

Topic: Why hasn't any government stopped Bitcoin? - page 16. (Read 36142 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
You need to understand the human nature if you want explanation or solution to a system / problem.

Human nature is selfish, along with everything else that comes with it, including being unfair and untrustworthy.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with any system/protocol.

If a system cannot be gamed to fulfill human selfish needs, then this system will not exist on earth, no matter how perfect/ideal it is.

If a system can be gamed to fulfill human selfish needs, then this system will solidify its place on earth, no matter how flawed it is.

To strive for a flawless system/protocol is like barking at the wrong tree.

A system has no problem.

The problem is with the human nature.

If you want a prospering community of cockroaches, you don't try to build heaven for this community; it can't thrive in clean environment.

Instead, you build a smelly slum.
Dork what you thonk of dis:

EDIT: The Zionists have their false flag fingerprints on the Las Vegas massacre. They’re trying to force Trump deeper into war. Also an attempt to foist more control in USA.

I will edit this post when I have time to reply to your points about the Inverse Commons…

I thonk...
The Zees are known to have endless false flags on almost every tororis attack, so no surprise.
Tramp is part of the Zees syndicate, a figurehead; there is no need to force, except to make it appears like he is being forced.
They are already in control of USA since looooooong agooooooo...!

I thonk I daw a pudding cat.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Dork what you thonk of dis:

EDIT: What is really odd is I wrote about Mossad and 9/11 on the same day of the Las Vegas massacre but presciently. I accidentally wrote the 666th reply on the EOS massive scam thread recently.

The Zionists have their false flag fingerprints on the Las Vegas massacre. They’re trying to force Trump deeper into war. Also an attempt to foist more control in USA. Maybe the conspiracy chatter is deception, but it does make one think:

I will edit this post when I have time to reply to your points about the Inverse Commons…
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
There is no government stopping bitcoin because many more earn money. Many will invest in bitcoin to make it easier to find money. In my opinion, maybe russia and china do not know how important it is, bitcoin has a big affect in every country because it can help in every's economy to be more abundant and especially if the bitcoin would be legal there would be paying of tax.
Please do not make me repeat again that your points are irrelevant to @iamnotback’s theory of the applicability of the Inverse Commons, assuming his theory is correct. I urge to read his archives before commenting further on something you have not read.

I apologize for not reading it first before commenting. I've done the reading now. Correct me if I am wrong, the main idea is to make participants in a system to be willingly contribute without the thought of monetary compensation in which the contribution will benefit the whole. One hypothesis is to make sure there is minimal obstructions for such contribution to be made as hassle-free as possible. However you have yet to find an economic way to actually incentivize the participants to actually contribute "free of charge". Additionally, this is still an incomplete research into the ideal system that you envision to reach. Am I right?

J. Random Hacker (JRH) will release the patch if he is wise enough to realize that ultimately he will also benefit from his own patch, but he can also do a "hard fork" of the system with his patch as improvement and put his own label on the new and improved version and be sold under his own brand and earn the economic value he so desire. I believe that would actually be done by a highly enterprising and resourceful individual. And so there are 2 challenges this JRH faces. First, he can choose to be lazy, forget whatever economic value he is entitled to for his patch, release the patch and just be contented with the benefit he receive from it, i.e. be a lazy bum that happens to care. Second, he can choose to go real tough by being hardworking and solicit funds to start a company with an improved version of the system (with his patch) and sell it commercially, reaping the value for himself completely, i.e. be enterprising. I am not a Linux user but I can see there are many versions of Linux OS. I think the reason why many of these OS are still available for free is because the adoption rate is still extremely low vs Microsoft OS because of its highly technical nature, and charging a fee for just a small improvement on top of a mainly free OS might be self-defeating, unless there are improvements that are very significant and/or the adopting of it grows so large that technical support is not possible unless it goes commercial under a specific brand. So far I have yet to see a Linux OS version that is as user-friendly as Microsoft OS (point-n-click instead of typing command codes), which is a closed-source entity. Since you use Linux as an example, I checked its market share is 5% compare to Microsoft (https://thenextweb.com/dd/2017/10/02/linuxs-market-share-really-doubled-two-months/#.tnw_TmcCxxss). Another source puts the market share much lower at just 3.04% (https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0). Linux, I believe, remain the OS for techies for its security and high customization features (selfish interest, not common interest), not because of anything else. A person may also contribute his patches for the benefit of peer recognition. If I am a techie and Linux has a major problem unsolvable by my tech peers, and I bring forth a patch to solve it, I may not be rich but I bet I will be held in high regard by my peers as some expert. But if I have plenty of patches to make a totally awesome version of Linux, I may very likely start my own company with a much better OS version and become closed-source.

I believe if a system has no significant economic reward on offer, the extend of a person's contribution would remain highly limited.

I admit my previous point was irrelevant to your inverse common, simply because you have yet found an economic incentive for your system.

Edit:
Another thing to add is this.
Linux, being an open-source sort of "community work", took 26 years to get 5% market share, optimistically. Still no compelling market impact.
Bitcoin, being a closed-source sort of TPTB project, took less than 10 years to reach global storm and expected to continue growing exponentially until it totally displaces conventional system.
This is one point that is pro closed-source.
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency
It seems to me that the world is changing. The existing global economic system built by the Americans and designed so that the economies of all countries are working to enrich America. This prevents development of all countries and thus gives the opportunity for America to live well with the largest public debt in the world. Bitcoin can change this situation but it creates a certain threat to the economy of each country. The rush to ban it. They look at everyone the pluses and minuses.
A person that I personally know mentioned to me that Bitmain is actually an Israeli company. So I wouldn't be surprised that China's success and dominance in bitcoin and bitcoin mining is not without very strong support from Israeli.

That seems plausible. I would like to see some evidence.

I've asked the person regarding this. It was from cointelegraph article which I double checked was about Bitmain's first R&D center to be located outside China, that is Israel. No mention about Bitmain being an Israeli company. Nevertheless, I still will not disregard the idea that China's first-mover advances in bitcoin mining is not without the help of TPTB in some way or another. Just look at the quality of the mining hardware and compare it to where Chinese quality and engineering standards were back in 2009-2011. Even today, Chinese quality and engineering standards are where they are with very significant help of joint venture with foreign companies. To think that a company like Bitmain founded by Jihan Wu who make speeches with very broken English while referring to the smartphone for the script and once awhile mentioned Greek/Roman philosophers (being a Chinese, why not refer to Lao Tzu, Sun Tzu, or Confucious?) would actually develop the mining hardware with the necessary engineering capabilities to attain such mining effectiveness and efficiency without the commonly heard of defects that anyone would normally get from a Made In China product, on its own without the help of some high-tech foreign partner is totally 100% fake news.
What I’m thinking about in the above comment is the Inverse Commons that @iamnotback used to write about. You might want to check his archives.

The monetary system of the token becomes more and more irrelevant. The utility of the Inverse Commons on the decentralized ledger becomes the value of the system.

As long as an exchange of value between 2 persons is in place in the equation, human nature will prevail and somehow something that we don't know now will screw up in one way or another, i.e. someone will find a way to make your project fail or game it.

Please do not make me repeat again that your points are irrelevant to @iamnotback’s theory of the applicability of the Inverse Commons, assuming his theory is correct. I urge to read his archives before commenting further on something you have not read.
You guys need to realize the main reason why you are into bitcoin.

No, it is not because of store of value.

If the price goes down to $100, I can bet you will never talk about store of value.

Now, you may even foolishly say that you would likely buy it with everything you have hand over fist.

But I am very confident if such collapse will really happen, your action will totally contradict what you say now.

The reason why you guys really into bitcoin is only because of 2 (two) reasons: persistently rising price level, and the opportunity to be out of government's control.

Everything else like store of value, digital gold, etc are merely excuses to justify your action.

Persistently rising price is not because of your merit, but because of having exchanges in place to facilitate transactions that drive the price up.

Take the exchanges out of the equation and you will see everything collapses, regardless of store of value BS nonsense.

The opportunity to be out of government's control is another excuse to get you into bitcoin.

Soon everything will be as regulated as everything else, and it will make no difference.

Bitcoin will make everyone seriously fucking rich, but in exchange for material bondage that almost everyone will very willingly accept for worldly pleasure.

You cannot serve 2 masters at the same time.

In Buddhism, it mentioned a Dharma-Ending Age whereby the world will be very screwed up.

We are already in the beginning of such age, which was stated to last around 10,000 years.

You think you are entering a golden age?

You are sold the kool-aid.

True liberation is always spiritual, never material.

Ancient spiritual masters were all materially and financially poor and yet they are highly evolved with supernormal abilities.

They led a very happy and satisfying life compare to today's people that are far richer and yet full of worries and woes.

I am not asking you to be poor, but rather ask yourself how rich do you really want.

A massive chunk of the multimillions, multibillions, and multitrillions of the wealth a person can have is not even needed except for the sole purpose of excess.

Wanting something for the sole purpose of just trying to have more of it is an inherent defect of the human species that nothing (not even bitcoin) can solve.

Don't even talk about store of value, etc BS nonsense that's nothing but excuses.

In exchange for having in excess what you don't really need and will not last beyond a lifetime, you incur heavy sins that make sure your next rebirth in this world (because that's where your heart lies) will be on a very rotten foundation.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
Lol "all it would take is a 51% or a new law" . You do realize how much hashing power would be needed for a 51% attack right? Who the hell is going to get that at this point!?!?

In terms of a "new law" , ok well if bitcoins were declared illegal in your country, would you all of a sudden not be able to use them? Of course not!! Don't think that people are as cut off and stupid as they used to be. The internet has given us so many freedoms and this is the next step.
What I’m thinking about in the above comment is the Inverse Commons that @iamnotback used to write about. You might want to check his archives.

The monetary system of the token becomes more and more irrelevant. The utility of the Inverse Commons on the decentralized ledger becomes the value of the system.

As long as an exchange of value between 2 persons is in place in the equation, human nature will prevail and somehow something that we don't know now will screw up in one way or another, i.e. someone will find a way to make your project fail or game it.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
AgentofCoin I enjoyed reading your back and forth with Hyperme.sh

I found your reasoning and positions to be very interesting. Thanks for taking the time to post them.
As long as we can use the tokens to run the decentralized ledger and get all the benefits thereof (e.g. Ethereum apps), who cares if the distribution of the money supply is fair.

The design of my decentralized ledger attempts to make the distribution of the money supply irrelevant (unlike in proof-of-stake) and there is no mining!

Something totally new is coming…

No, I wasn't referring specifically to the distribution of money supply as some aspect that is fair or unfair.
I meant the entire monetary system itself, any monetary system.
Because whatever the monetary system, it mainly seeks to facilitate human unfair and untrustworthy natures the best it can.
In my sincere opinion, the best system is not a system that seeks to facilitate such natures (unfair and untrustworthy) but to resolve the natures themselves.
Because ultimately it is no use to help a criminal not to harm another with all sorts of rules in place, but to help him realize where he went wrong in life, and help him resolve his inner grudge.
Once he resolves his inner grudge, he will stop being any criminal that he can potentially be as long as his grudge remains.
And if human natures of being unfair and untrustworthy are resolved, no monetary system will ever be needed.
If such natures are not resolved, no financial/monetary system will ever work nor everlasting.
If you notice, a massively huge part of everything everyone does, concentrates on minimizing/eliminating unfair and untrustworthy outcomes.
It makes no difference with whatever a new system will bring, as long as such human nature continue to persist.
If such human nature ceases to exist, i.e. humans become fair and trustworthy, then no system whatsoever is needed.

As long as we can use the tokens to run the decentralized ledger and get all the benefits thereof (e.g. Ethereum apps), who cares if the distribution of the money supply is fair.

The design of my decentralized ledger attempts to make the distribution of the money supply irrelevant (unlike in proof-of-stake) and there is no mining!

No, I wasn't referring specifically to the distribution of money supply as some aspect that is fair or unfair.
I meant the entire monetary system itself, any monetary system.
Because whatever the monetary system, it mainly seeks to facilitate human unfair and untrustworthy natures the best it can.
In my sincere opinion, the best system is not a system that seeks to facilitate such natures (unfair and untrustworthy) but to resolve the natures themselves.
Because ultimately it is no use to help a criminal not to harm another with all sorts of rules in place, but to help him realize where he went wrong in life, and help him resolve his inner grudge.
Once he resolves his inner grudge, he will stop being any criminal that he can potentially be as long as his grudge remains.
And if human natures of being unfair and untrustworthy are resolved, no monetary system will ever be needed.
If such natures are not resolved, no financial/monetary system will ever work nor everlasting.
If you notice, a massively huge part of everything everyone does, concentrates on minimizing/eliminating unfair and untrustworthy outcomes.
It makes no difference with whatever a new system will bring, as long as such human nature continue to persist.
If such human nature ceases to exist, i.e. humans become fair and trustworthy, then no system whatsoever is needed.
Hyperme.sh, thank you very much for your time in giving your inputs.  Cheesy
Why are you asking for another monetary system to be provided for you, when the fact is no monetary system can be fair?

So, you must ask yourself, how can these people survive in
this oppressive world and not directly participate in that world?
How will God provide for them, as he has always done? How
will they buy and sell without conforming to the One World
System? It is possible another system is provided for them?
These are the question I ask.

You are money-bound.
You seek for a better monetary system whereby you can continue on with your material pursue.
Why are you asking for another monetary system to be provided for you, when the fact is no monetary system can be fair?
The problem is not having a problematic monetary system.
The problem is humans are unfair and not trustworthy.
And that's why the monetary system is created (or provided) to facilitate human unfairness.
That's why bitcoin is created (or provided) to facilitate human untrustworthiness.
The real problem is not the system that humans should really address.
The real problem is the human nature of being unfair and untrustworthy.
If humans can solve their nature of being unfair and untrustworthy, i.e. to become fair and trustworthy, no monetary system whatsoever would even be needed at all.
There is no such system provided for you that will actually be much better than the existing one.
The system that is actually much better is the one that you (and everyone else) are currently not ready to accept.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
The current monetary system is bound to collapse. Greece already went down, Japan too. India made all cash worthless. The US government can't no longer sustain its own debt. Monetary system only last an average of 30-40 years. The current monetary system is already at 40.

With that said. Bitcoin along with other cryptos will replace fiat. The technology will keep expanding, in fact we already see this as now you can buy plane tickets, order food, and many other great things. Of course, new implementation of something so complexed as is the adoption of a new monetary system takes many years so we are not there yet; however, as more time passes, you can easily see how the usage of the technology has been increasing steadily around the globe.

Many great things to come and this is why bitcoin can't be stopped. The best that govt. can do is adopt the technology which they will find a way to implemented in the best way that will benefit themselves of course.
You obviously have missed my point.
Either I have explained myself incorrectly due to my limitations
or you are incapable of understanding what I have said. At no
time did I say anything that you think I said.

. . .

I see your point now.
You are right.
Yes, God is neutral on money and bitcoin.
In the end, it boils down to your own personal growth that determines if you yourself are for / against money/bitcoin, not God.
Money/bitcoin is only here manifested to facilitate your growth.
If your growth is mature enough, you wouldn't need money/bitcoin.
Otherwise, you will remain in need of it, in order to learn and grow.
Personally I would say a highly evolved person will not be attracted to money/bitcoin.

Now, when I reached this final paragraph of yours, I disagree with your points.
The issue is not whether Bitcoin or money is good or bad, the issue was
whether Bitcoin could provide a path of escape from the system
that will come that is oppressive and all consuming. My argument
was that Bitcoin could be another path, opposite from the One
World Currency that is to come, that the entity always provides
for humanity so that not all must fall in the end, but some shall
survive and overcome, as like with Lot.

How do you know bitcoin is the path of escape?
Who told you that?
Who told you that bitcoin is the only path available and there is no other way that is non-bitcoin?
Who told you that bitcoin will not ultimately end up oppressive and consuming as well?
Who told you that bitcoin is the opposite of the One World Currency, and not actually be a part of it?
Who told you that bitcoin will provide for your survival?
Are you sure these are facts and not merely personal interpretation of your own?
And what survival are you talking about?
Physical survival?
Spiritual survival?
In my personal opinion, both cases have no need for money/bitcoin.

You assume bitcoin will provide you the means of survival outside the One World Currency system, am I right?
Your assumption may be 100% wrong.
In case you want to bring up the Bible, I believe the Bible never imply such future where you will survive on another currency.
I am glad we have found common ground in some areas.

Ditto. Apologies for some of my remarks being so stern. My intention was only that you not ignore the significance of my technical perspective on Satoshi’s design and those videos about how powerful the Zionists have become given they could slaughter 2700+ people at 9/11. Of course 9/11 also had a Godly purpose as it opened so many people’s eyes to the importance studying Revelation.

Your rapture debunking thesis is inspirational, but aren’t the 2700 slaughtered by Satan already raptured? Or are they waiting in purgatory interim?

At least the pain they suffered wasn’t for an extended period of time.
Pages:
Jump to: