Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's - page 30. (Read 6126 times)

copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
April 27, 2018, 05:33:22 PM
This is about my experience too since i started participating in ICOs this year, only two of them did like 4x. Having been caught up in this too, i decided to research further. I discovered the following:

1. ICO price is not necessarily the cheapest price even if one buys at Pre-ico, there are smarter investors who buy through pools and get higher bonuses, and if they decide to sell even at Pre-ico or ICO price, they have made their gains already.
2. ICOs with 'huge' hard caps (say $20m and above) especially without a ready product or ready massive acceptance are a red flag, a low hard cap ico with a ready product and a good marketing team would most likely go 4x even if it does not perform, yes i do excuse ICOs with massive hype though and with low hard cap.
3. I join all the ICO pools i can find, that gives me an advantage by default when i buy through them.
4. Of course DYOR concept is still very key too.
5. The rest is fate.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
April 27, 2018, 04:59:10 PM
everyday of this year is a blessed day for me i know ICO and am not thinking of quiting i belief this is my year that i will make it big, looking forward for the good project to do and am thinking of investing some money in ALTCOIN
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
April 27, 2018, 04:32:52 PM
Over years I only had bad experiences with crowdfunding projects. It made me staying clear of ICOs and I think I wasn't wrong.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 295
GOD is TRUE
April 27, 2018, 04:18:33 PM
I do not choose to stop completely, rather focus on the use of maximum funds for ICO that really have good and potential competencies in the exchange market. I do not really like ICO expectations that make token prices unreasonable when compared to supply allocations. there are still many good projects and we do not need to be too skeptical not to support the evolutionary steps.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!
April 27, 2018, 03:54:44 PM
Marketing in 2017 has become so boring for many people that effective work with funds gives much more than pseudo-crowd-investing, especially if you take into account the portrait of an "average investor" (usually investing less than 1 ETH). Most funds raised in 2017 were brought by medium and large investors.
But the era of easy crypto-money comes to its end.
Investors themselves are becoming increasingly demanding: projects that have collected record amounts of money, but still have not provided any visible results of their work, have received the first claims from shareholders.
In this regard I can fully understand your disappointment.
Activity: 172
Merit: 0
April 27, 2018, 01:36:19 PM
I think It's a pity that you had such a sad experience. I participated in several successful ICO's. Of course now there is a lot of scam. But there are also very strong projects. You need to be able to see the potential.
Activity: 621
Merit: 108
April 27, 2018, 01:21:54 PM
Thanks for sharing. I have only participated in 2 ICOs and both worked out well, but for the majority of them I always had suspicions similar to those in your report.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
Lets Go Adab
April 27, 2018, 01:13:51 PM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

Quitting ico's means you are already throwing everything, working on bounty campaigns today to promote the platform of an ico is very profitable since some of them do really have the potential to become at the top of the market due to the competition and the volatility of the market.
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
April 27, 2018, 01:10:17 PM
Well. This is your decision and your arguments are also quite logical. You can for some time leave the ICO projects. I hope that soon the states will begin to regulate the conduct of the ICO and have already announced this in France, Russia, Japan and Australia. When the ICO activities are much safer, you can always return.
Activity: 520
Merit: 250
April 27, 2018, 11:50:29 AM
Am not going to quite because this there has so many investors here holding their coins up to this date ,they have not quite because of lrice or some so stand with them.
Quitting will never be possible as many opportunities ICO can offer, it will be just a matter of time before we will be able to filter legit ICO to not.
Activity: 266
April 27, 2018, 11:26:30 AM
Am not going to quite because this there has so many investors here holding their coins up to this date ,they have not quite because of lrice or some so stand with them.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
April 27, 2018, 10:32:37 AM
Too much ICO is sure to make everyone confused, this is certainly a tough competition so at this very difficult time to make ICO successful and can reach hardcap, I think ICO should find the best solution to be successful.

A lot of ICO out there are really scams, and it is hard for us to analyze the real or the legit one as some ICO's are convincing that they are legit, you will just found out the real after the ICO, if they will distribute tokens or not, some will distribute token but no value at all or no exchange.
Activity: 845
April 27, 2018, 08:31:29 AM
Too much ICO is sure to make everyone confused, this is certainly a tough competition so at this very difficult time to make ICO successful and can reach hardcap, I think ICO should find the best solution to be successful.
Activity: 515
Merit: 12
April 27, 2018, 08:05:52 AM
Some times it is hard to make the right decisions and considering the big numbers of ICO's it is hard to make the right choice, even so i truly believe that there are some serious ICO's with a team who really believe in their project, so just try to be positive and change the characteristics thru you choose the ICOs you invest in.
Activity: 434
Hexhash.xyz
April 27, 2018, 07:41:13 AM
Its okay to do this if you do different ways to earn such as investment, mining and trading session but if you don't have enough money to participate it, you must not quit ICO because this is the other way to earn easily money. If you encounter a problem then you need to be strong to overcome this situation. Don't ever decide to do this because if you do this you will be regret of it.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
April 27, 2018, 06:27:38 AM
Hm, yes. It's interesting point of view. It has the right to exist.
The usual crowdfunding platforms and startups are also full of foolish ideas and bad offers, but they still exist. So, I don't think tat this year is the end of ICO. Our analytics methods should be fastidious.
Ending ICO wasnt the answer about all the issues that surrounding this area of profiteering,what we need is to have a regulatory body that will focus only on every ico that will soon to comes out,this body will regulate the every project befeore they release it,so this will prevent all the necessary inquiries about ico.but we must be particular in every member that will be part of this body because irregularities will happen if now
Activity: 224
April 27, 2018, 06:20:52 AM
Well, we all now that many ICO is already gone. That is why the mentality of investor's will go negative and will be have so much doubt if they are going to invest in ICO again.
Activity: 294
April 27, 2018, 05:45:57 AM
this sounds true, but as for me, I will continue, becouse even earning $10 is much better then nothing, especially in poor countries.
Activity: 168
April 27, 2018, 05:43:05 AM
Most ICO is a scam, they can simply create a fake white paper and earn a lot of money.

Investing is really a risky undertaking. Good ICO projects are hard to find.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 300
April 27, 2018, 05:31:46 AM
Maybe it is just too early to make such conclusions. This is a new sphere and there are so many misunderstandings but it will be better with the every single ICO is coming.
Maybe people quiting ico because they are not lucky on the field. I believe that we can also lose on ICO if we are not doing things in a serious way. Ico is only for thise person who have a big patience on the crypto feild, because if we do not have patience to wait we. Can easily give up our tooen and lose.
Pages:
Jump to: