Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's - page 25. (Read 6126 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
May 13, 2018, 02:25:14 AM
Majority of altcoins right now are below their ICO prices and it's really hard now to find a good one that will give you huge multipliers so you've made a good decision my friend. Each category in ICO is really saturated now I really agree.
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
May 12, 2018, 10:43:33 PM
Yeah i agree. There are also lot of ico didnt get to there roadmap. Even there promise that your profit will double in just a couple of day it didnt appear. And if you ask them they will not reply you. Ico from 2018 is worst.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
May 12, 2018, 10:31:53 PM
I dont know  the  exact  reason  why  you  want  to  quit ICO. They  are the best way to make  money
ICO is now widely scam, rampant in the market. Putting money into them means losing. I do not dare invest in ICO. They are one of the most risky places.
Activity: 378
May 12, 2018, 06:35:01 PM
i agree about your point. it is really hard to find a proper ico for investment. and even you find a good one, distribution of tokens are not fair that is why they are very open for manipulations after listing.
For me even there are a lot of ICO that is becaming failed and even right now there are a lot of ico that is not worth it to put our money in, we should not quit on investing with ico, because for me we just need to find a good ico so we can be profitable again with ico.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
May 12, 2018, 06:28:52 PM
Will it be safe for the newbies to access to ICOs? please tell your views on it.

ICOs are still a pretty risky investment. Even being a newbie you can still run a research and evaluate project's potential and adequacy. Take a look at the team and advisors, google them and check their backgrounds.
Icos are very risky it doesn't matter if you're very experimented or if you do not have any experience in the market, the biggest difference is the more experience that you have the easier it becomes to spot scams and projects that are not going to become successful, but even then I will not recommend icos unless you are completely prepared to lose your money.
Activity: 238
May 12, 2018, 03:43:27 PM
Although the ICO has a lot of fraudulent projects, but I will not ignore. This is a high risk investment but it is profitable and I accept it. Currently there are many good projects to invest, so why ignore it.

Agree! The higher the risk, the higher the profit.If you want to earn higher, take greater risks!
ICOs are one great way to be financially free from debts. I get why people are afraid to continue or try  to invest in ICOs but I believe I have the responsibility to share to you guys the help of bicoin.

Well, even with that reasoning, I think that people must think wisely on what type of risks are worth it to take. Some risks are great and worth it while some are just too shitty that I wouldn't even wanna look at it. Risks in this industry can be minimized without reducing the rewards if you just know what you are doing. knowledge is power here, always look for knowledge and profits will follow.
Activity: 80
May 12, 2018, 02:52:13 PM
I dont know  the  exact  reason  why  you  want  to  quit ICO. They  are the best way to make  money
Activity: 261
May 12, 2018, 02:49:43 PM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

Ico is a high-risk investment and not necessarily this project will run smoothly. Because it is risky, you should do some research first before deciding to invest.
Activity: 84
May 12, 2018, 01:48:36 PM
If you stopped making money this way, then it's a good thing you don't waste any more time on useless stuff.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 253
May 12, 2018, 01:44:52 PM
I think ICO is a very nice and lucrative investment type as long as we can know in detail, read their whitepapers and roadmaps, then search for information about teams and if they are popular then we will not go wrong choosing ICO.
Activity: 107
May 12, 2018, 01:13:37 PM
On the contrary, I study deeper ico. I see this as a prospect and an opportunity to make good money. Don't leave stay with us)))
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
May 12, 2018, 01:10:03 PM
Although the ICO has a lot of fraudulent projects, but I will not ignore. This is a high risk investment but it is profitable and I accept it. Currently there are many good projects to invest, so why ignore it.

Agree! The higher the risk, the higher the profit.If you want to earn higher, take greater risks!
ICOs are one great way to be financially free from debts. I get why people are afraid to continue or try  to invest in ICOs but I believe I have the responsibility to share to you guys the help of bicoin.
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
May 12, 2018, 12:52:54 PM
i agree about your point. it is really hard to find a proper ico for investment. and even you find a good one, distribution of tokens are not fair that is why they are very open for manipulations after listing.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry
May 12, 2018, 12:45:02 PM
Your words are hurting me =) The same reasons I see now in many and many projects, but still! They are! a good and succeful ones! few.
Activity: 160
May 12, 2018, 12:39:21 PM
It's time to give up ICO. There are too many false accounts in the telegraph group of some ICO projects. Most ICO projects do not have a clear overall plan. They focus too much on marketing, which may be just for the sake of entering the exchange.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Cross-Border Blockchain Real Estate Marketplace
May 12, 2018, 12:21:59 PM
there's a reason why I would invest in ICO's, and why I wouldn't; the reason i wouldn't is because prices often drop after the first listing, so you can get the tokens at a discount price. The reason why I would invest is because the project often needs the ICO funding to complete their work. A lot of high potential companies simply never started because of lack of funding. That's why I think it sometimes is our duty to invest, even if that means our investment goes in red for a few weeks.
Activity: 479
Enter the future of gaming
May 12, 2018, 11:32:24 AM
Will it be safe for the newbies to access to ICOs? please tell your views on it.

ICOs are still a pretty risky investment. Even being a newbie you can still run a research and evaluate project's potential and adequacy. Take a look at the team and advisors, google them and check their backgrounds.
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
May 12, 2018, 11:11:17 AM
I agree. because 2018 was not a good year for ICO. especially because of recent events.
ico is a team job. but now many ico does not promise to give.
they also do not manage the money they collect.
Activity: 69
May 12, 2018, 11:05:49 AM
Activity: 197
May 11, 2018, 06:00:39 PM
I understand your point quitting in investing an Ico's which scams are very rampant nowadays. As a traders who invest in an Ico's needs to be selective in choosing to pur your money. It has proven a lot of scams and many lists to reach their project to be successful. Let's be initiative by participating an Ico that were not be a victim of scam.

I'm not quiting them, I'm only changing them with more preferred ones that I liked more than the previous ones. Quitting them is not a good idea since there are not too many options besides them. We need ico things anyway.
Pages:
Jump to: