Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's - page 32. (Read 6126 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 260
April 12, 2018, 12:18:27 AM
Interesting point of view.
I'm on exactly opposite end - I'm going deeper with ICO's this year.

Your points are pretty valid, but this mean you just need to be more peaky where you are investing. And I'm always and only buying during the pre-ico phase, avoiding those ICO's with massive pre-sale.
and i support your position mate,i try joining ico for a couple of times and its break even since the first is successful and the second is scam,though half of my investments had been returned by the team still its a failure in my part..

But this Q2 im planing to invest more for every project that might get my attention to be legitimate and not scamming..i know that today its really hard to find one but i still believe theres some of them are there waiting for good investors
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
April 12, 2018, 12:04:31 AM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.
5 ETH is not so much. You need to analyze the ICO where you are investing in. At first, look at the team members, who they are. At second, their project must yield profits. In this case, the price of token you've bought will soar.
that's a pretty big amount I guess. especially if the rate is $ 1000. before investing in ico, we should do research on a project. we will know the advantages of the project what will give us a profit
besides that in my opinion also must take into account time because starting from pre ico to finish and listing in market i think takes a long time. besides that if ico backwards it will be much longer we wait
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
April 11, 2018, 08:49:10 PM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.
5 ETH is not so much. You need to analyze the ICO where you are investing in. At first, look at the team members, who they are. At second, their project must yield profits. In this case, the price of token you've bought will soar.
that's a pretty big amount I guess. especially if the rate is $ 1000. before investing in ico, we should do research on a project. we will know the advantages of the project what will give us a profit
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 2259
April 11, 2018, 08:44:30 PM
Activity: 266
Merit: 102
April 11, 2018, 07:24:34 PM
Now I do not like the ICO because I have relied on it several times. The escrows and admins of my bounty campaign in previous do not care much about us, they did not think that we had worked for a few weeks for the project but until now the payment has not yet release, not just once but more. I think it's better for a bitcoin signature campaign than the bounty because most of it is legit and the manager are always active for the people under his campaign.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
April 11, 2018, 12:20:43 PM
we should be able to choose which ico we think is good and can provide benefits to our investment. although this is not easy to do. but we have to do our own research.

Despite all researches, outcome of an ICO is unpredictable. One can only try his level best to know properly about the project and its team but at the end members can run with your money or just vanish in-between the ICO. Many ICO fake their revenue generated to attract users and so on, many dirty tricks are used to raise money. At, the end even a project with no proper significance can be successful. One can only try his luck because you never know when you will hit the jackpot ICO.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
April 11, 2018, 12:03:06 PM
Judging by how easy it is to create an ICO into a crytpocurrency exchange over an IPO on a stock exchange you will see that internal competition in the crypto market is tough, which became tougher when we are now on a bearish market. The amount of investors who have entered into the market is either not enough or not exploring on other cryptocurrencies aside from the popular ones like BTC, Ethereum, Ripple. Generally what I observed in ICOs are that they go up in the first day but will immediately lose traction and go down. That is why one of the best things to do is observed in their first day but do not yet buy. Right now you can buy some of this tokens at a more cheaper price compared to their original ICO price.
Activity: 590
Merit: 116
April 11, 2018, 11:57:43 AM
this is my story....
I do not like ICO from the start, I think a lot of unhealthy, but I like money, I choose to be bounty hunters and also put up the bottom net after ICO market release, and sell it when prices soar. But that does not mean I never participated in ICO as an Investor, this thing I did in ICO Hedge (HDG) but the profit is not much, bigger profit I get from Bounty and buy in market, Token price when release always dump. this is because many Bounty participants who want instant money.
Activity: 882
April 11, 2018, 11:32:58 AM
Not all ICO's are successful. Some of them are failed of their campaign but as early the bounty manager will inform all his worker that the campaign is not successful so that the worker will never waste their time waiting for the losser campaign. In your case you have your money to invest its a good decission but like us that dont have money we are working in a good ICO to earn and gain.
we should be able to choose which ico we think is good and can provide benefits to our investment. although this is not easy to do. but we have to do our own research.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
April 11, 2018, 11:10:49 AM
Not all ICO's are successful. Some of them are failed of their campaign but as early the bounty manager will inform all his worker that the campaign is not successful so that the worker will never waste their time waiting for the losser campaign. In your case you have your money to invest its a good decission but like us that dont have money we are working in a good ICO to earn and gain.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 10, 2018, 12:55:43 PM
Hi, I do not see any reason to participate in ICO at all. After the majority of coins have been issued for listing - the rate in most cases falls below the cost of ICO. That's when I already buy a coin - I see more of what the author of the project has done.
Its just the risk on investing on an ICO , Not all coins are falling down from its ICO price. I know the are too many ICO coins that drop its value because of the rush holders that sell but trust me it will come to the point that the coin from the ICO will reach its peak price and that is the time you will earn your profit, It takes time to profit on an ICO if you dont know. In investing on an ICO you should know the risk and the advantages after it.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
☠ ☠ ☠ メメ
April 10, 2018, 12:45:14 PM
Dumping of tokens really shouldnt effect value so long as there is an underlying business.   The dump onto an exchange dynamic only makes a difference to bid/offer on an exchange order book.  Its a short term effect and not a true determiner or value, same applies to the Mt. Gox coins being sold onto exchanges.  This doesnt make bitcoin worth any less but it will raise supply and likely lower the price for the duration of selling.

If bounty hunter were to all receive then all sell into an exchange at the same time, it would mean excess liquidity and an inaccurate price as likely buyers are able to purchase at the lowest price possible.    This is pricing dynamic not actual value drop.   Hopefully the ICO relates to something more then a price and an idea, but actual action and revenue at some point.   If it doesnt then it deserves to drop obviously.
Activity: 404
Merit: 251
April 10, 2018, 12:21:22 PM

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
The ICO is currently affected by the price of bitcoin being reduced. So there are many ICOs that are listed on the exchanges where the price falls lower than the purchase price of the ICO. but maybe a few months. After the price of BTC increase and everything normal again

The declining price of bitcoin is true, but I believe the main reason for many of the sinking ICO's is the lack of market hype that ICO's used to have in 2017. Negative press releases about scammy behavior, lack of innovation, exit scams also contribute to this. Another point for the decline of the token price is the dumping of tokens by bounty hunters just after they receive it to make a quick buck.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
April 10, 2018, 12:15:22 PM
Hi, I do not see any reason to participate in ICO at all. After the majority of coins have been issued for listing - the rate in most cases falls below the cost of ICO. That's when I already buy a coin - I see more of what the author of the project has done.
Activity: 152
Merit: 0
April 10, 2018, 12:00:53 PM
It was your decision to that, yes we can consider your reasons why you are not longer in ICO's, many people will do the same if they experience same with yours. However, many people still optimistic to stay with ICO since they are very possitive to have favorable outcome in the future.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
☠ ☠ ☠ メメ
April 10, 2018, 11:46:37 AM
Well good for you,  but Ico was the main platform through which I made alot of money this year and even last year,  I benefited from Ico like neo,  regal,  etn,  utrust and so much more,  and am still investing in as much Ico as I can,  but am very careful on the Ico I invest in,  so that I won't be scammed.  Here is what I do: I study the white paper of the ico well and also check how often I can see the team on YouTube .
I agree with your point. If you know how to choose good projects that invest, the ICO will bring you much profit. So why do we abandon them without investing? I know that there are many fraudulent ICO projects in the market today, but that is your investment challenge.

This is true, when many people quit the first stage of ICO supercycle.  They are just leaving the most speculative price change part of ICO business.   Ultimately the business overall has to develop into productive active companies doing the trade that was originally set out in the ICO details.

Without progression the whole concept would stall anyway.   People need to realise price is not a significant factor as an absolute.  What really matters is the buy and sell and profitable arbitrage in trade conducted by each business concept setup in an ICO.

It doesnt matter if the token is a penny or a dollar, the revenue and gain on each transaction is ultimately what determines profit.  This really is not the end, its the end of a beginning.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 10, 2018, 11:26:25 AM
Great post man, I really do agree with what you are trying to point out. There really are a lot of useless projects out there with some even making their own imaginary problems just to have something to pair with their own imaginary solutions. And the worse thing? Some people actually buy their sht and believe this stuff. Truly, ICOs nowadays are getting more worse but I still won't quit investing as long as I can still find a few great ICOs out there. Yes, it takes more effort to find one now than before but it is still worth the efforts..
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
April 10, 2018, 11:26:02 AM
That's interesting information and sharing your thoughts on ICO's. It will be harsh to label to each ICO's are the scam there is plenty of good ICO's with massive hardcap of good projects we have seen. In this year multiple ICO's & TGE (Envion and Hdac) are able to raised more than 100 Million and I believe these both projects are worth investing for long-term.
Activity: 476
April 10, 2018, 11:18:08 AM
I do not think I will give up the ICO. I see many projects they apply very good technology to the reality and these are good projects worth investing so why abandon them? If you spend a lot of time not investing in phishing projects, I believe you will make a lot of money.
but to finding legit projects is not easy.much beginner investor trapped at scam project be dont have any knowledge about it.we need to research about ico project ,like how to identify best projects.
Activity: 176
Merit: 10
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
April 10, 2018, 10:57:31 AM

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
Agreed with your point of view, but everything has to be good and bad and the ICO too. There are many potential ICOs and there are also a lot of scams. You should not remove all ICOs

I agree with your opinion. It is true that there are many potential and fraudulent ico. We have to work together to create postings about topics that discuss fraudulent ICOs so people can take precautions
Pages:
Jump to: