Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's - page 29. (Read 6126 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
May 05, 2018, 12:00:09 PM
should not give up ICO. We all know in the Crypto market that ICO plays a very important role. It can generate many times the profit. But now there are too many ICOs every day. If that is the right choice then I believe there are still plenty of potential and make a lot of profit
we still not give up to figure out good ICO projects but indeed to makes decission to pick good ICO currently is very hard because from hundreds of projects available only dozens of them are being sucessfully project but ICO still popular until today and if we want to invest then studies and research those projects to avoid scam ICO is more necessary now and do not rush
Activity: 658
Merit: 103
May 05, 2018, 11:50:57 AM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
It is seems that you are not researching about ICOs and it is the reason why you been scammed. Before you make investment, you should have first knowledge about the project for you to avoid losses.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
May 05, 2018, 11:34:31 AM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
Giving up, it just means that you lose your hope. Just do not let it be, it is normal in life that we can encounter the ups and downs. There maybe lots of scams and failed projects but there are also lots of successful ones. Just find them.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
May 05, 2018, 11:27:03 AM
should not give up ICO. We all know in the Crypto market that ICO plays a very important role. It can generate many times the profit. But now there are too many ICOs every day. If that is the right choice then I believe there are still plenty of potential and make a lot of profit
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
May 05, 2018, 11:12:58 AM
I think It's a pity that you had such a sad experience. I participated in several successful ICO's. Of course now there is a lot of scam. But there are also very strong projects. You need to be able to see the potential.

It is a pity that it has come to that but it is not like I do not understand it, the market of icos has got very unattractive in the last months, not only now you need to go through know your customer policies which is a very risky, but now there are at least my opinion more scams than before and the profits are not as good as before, so when you take everything into account my will to invest in icos is also reduced.
Activity: 150
Merit: 10
May 05, 2018, 10:12:28 AM
I do not like ICO, too much bad information, such as making fake news like ICO supported by an institution or supported by the government, it is very difficult to know the truth of the news from the new ICO, I think it needs a really good institution and legally to oversee the ICO, and should not all people or groups of people be able to do ICO, there must be fulfilled conditions such as establishing a legally legitimate company of a country
Activity: 378
April 28, 2018, 09:05:26 AM
Interesting point of view.
I'm on exactly opposite end - I'm going deeper with ICO's this year.

Your points are pretty valid, but this mean you just need to be more peaky where you are investing. And I'm always and only buying during the pre-ico phase, avoiding those ICO's with massive pre-sale.

I agree there are so many ICO's with great projects all you have to do is to go deeper into there Projects white paper and ensure you get information that you need. for me i am satisfied with the ICO's that i am in. I was also scammed once but this doesn't makes me discourage becs. i still believe in ICO's.
Activity: 728
Merit: 11
https://streamies.io/
April 28, 2018, 07:00:26 AM

• massive hardcaps

I understand the meaning that you convey. Actually it is quite similar to my thinking. There are a lot of ICO projects created, but most of them have only one function - transfer money. If the Crypto market has 1,000 coins in the same function, then everything will become chaotic? I feel that ICO projects at the moment are very puzzling.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
April 28, 2018, 06:34:42 AM
ICO is in fact unpredictable in the presence of future profits. In addition, there is a great risk that it will not take place at all and the money of depositors will be lost.

Although I also used to invest in ICOs before now I have quitted doing these things as well. It is a very risky stuff as for me - you can lose everything.
Activity: 294
April 28, 2018, 01:25:34 AM
There is still many good projects, just this days is harder to find those. but still people are developing a great projects here.
Activity: 225
April 28, 2018, 01:19:30 AM
We are oblige to wait for the ICO price to back to its original after a dump after the ICO is finished. It sucks but I have no choice since I'm not yet experienced in trading digital assets. If you are willing to wait for the price to be back at initial then wait at your own risk.
Activity: 84
April 28, 2018, 12:52:15 AM
the purpose of investing in ICO is to seek massive profits. ICO investment should also have good luck because many ICO are scam. Must dare to speculate to achieve big profits. I think so
Activity: 149
April 28, 2018, 12:29:32 AM
I'm no longer thinking about investing in ICO, I took part in several projects last year, most of them lost, and two projects haven't entered the exchange until now. I think most of the current ICO projects are going to be dumped after entering the stock exchange. At this stage, it will not be a good time to join ICO.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 379
Catalog Websites
April 27, 2018, 11:45:52 PM
The ICO space is a free one, leading the decentralisation of payments. Therefore every Tom, Dick and Harry had found there way there. But there are still great projects being launched each day. What you need do is to take a deeper look into the project being prompted for the ICO and you will know which one will be great in the future. Because all of the ecosystems being built for these products are not yet mature.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
The Exchange for EOS Community
April 27, 2018, 10:46:32 PM
All those stated in the OP is also the reason why i am disappointed about some ICOs. But what's worst is that when you participated in a very promising ICO that turned out to be a scam midway in the ICO. That really hurts and all your efforts are time are just totally wasted.
Activity: 48
April 27, 2018, 10:25:05 PM
Which ICO did you invest in? I will definitely be careful with ICOs, especially since now most of them involve KYC. Giving my very private details for something that might cost me money.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
April 27, 2018, 10:16:27 PM
ICO is in fact unpredictable in the presence of future profits. In addition, there is a great risk that it will not take place at all and the money of depositors will be lost.
I really think that the OP is not alone and there are many people that are quitting icos as well, if you think about it there is not much of a reason to invest in icos anymore they offer no anonymity, they are incredibly risky and there is no guarantee that you are going to get any profits at all, so why you should invest in it when you can invest in safer cryptocurrencies and obtain profits that way.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 503
April 27, 2018, 08:14:55 PM
Hm, yes. It's interesting point of view. It has the right to exist.
The usual crowdfunding platforms and startups are also full of foolish ideas and bad offers, but they still exist. So, I don't think tat this year is the end of ICO. Our analytics methods should be fastidious.
Ending ICO wasnt the answer about all the issues that surrounding this area of profiteering,what we need is to have a regulatory body that will focus only on every ico that will soon to comes out,this body will regulate the every project befeore they release it,so this will prevent all the necessary inquiries about ico.but we must be particular in every member that will be part of this body because irregularities will happen if now

This is so accurate as eliminating ico won't help end the problem and what we actually need is a regulation that will protect us and our investment from these scammy ico.
It's just sad that years by years ICO had become worst and there are only few that's legit but still it's hard to choose the fresh from the rotten.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
April 27, 2018, 06:01:07 PM
I think we have to study the ICO project carefully before investing, because it is still a very risky investment even if the project looks good. However there are many people creating wealth by investing in the top successful ICO projects, holding their tokens and selling later when the price reach high levels.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 278
April 27, 2018, 05:54:06 PM

• massive hardcaps

I respext your opinion on why you are quitting ICOs but not all ICOs are the same. Some ICOs are really profitable and that's why there are still many people who are participating with bounties and ICO itself.  There are uncertainties indeed such as things related to scams,failure and so forth. But we can't hide the truth that there are good ICOs which gives benefit to people,particpants and investors.
Pages:
Jump to: