Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's - page 36. (Read 6126 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 508
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
March 27, 2018, 04:00:19 PM
Don't get me wrong guys and gals. The fact that those ICO's I participated in at Q1 didn't go x2/x10/x100 or whatever, doesn't mean I don't believe in them. It simply will take a long time before they turn profitable.

I did however decide to stop with ICO's, and wait until these reach exchanges....better to judge since a lot more time has passed (and more is done for the project).

The ICO's I am disappointed in the most are Beetoken, Dether, Lala and HOQU. All four still have potential, but wow...did they tank after getting on exchanges Smiley

Why would you think that these had potential, other than Dether most of these look completely useless.

ICOs aren't booming like they used to, it isn't 2017 anymore unfortunately, crypto is really going down hill.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
March 27, 2018, 03:47:07 PM
it's kind of a gamble, Sometimes you loose and sometimes you win, this investment is risky. now There are many ICO's and most dependent when they complete the sale. Sometimes people just buy and sell without researching what will happen next, not taking into account the bad things will happen.
The fact is that recently a lot of the project is beginning to disappoint. You spend money and your forces during this or that device, and in the end you stay at all without anything. Or the project has bad developers, or this project is run by scammers.
Activity: 104
Merit: 0
March 27, 2018, 02:20:55 PM
it's kind of a gamble, Sometimes you loose and sometimes you win, this investment is risky. now There are many ICO's and most dependent when they complete the sale. Sometimes people just buy and sell without researching what will happen next, not taking into account the bad things will happen.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
March 27, 2018, 01:58:59 PM
Man am also quitting ICOs , this January and February have been a disaster in my ICO world, look at my investments in the last 2 months at ICO price and current price
ICO price  .................CURRENT PRICE ($)
CPY at 1.15.......  ...0.14
seth     2..................0.3
Exyperty 1..............0.1
Iungo1.5................0.08
Ian 2.5................0.9
FUCK icos for now
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
☠ ☠ ☠ メメ
March 27, 2018, 01:23:14 PM
I know of some ICO which I expect to be profitable, gambling related mostly.   Should I expect the price to expand greatly in that case I'am correct.   Any ICO which leads to a revenue stream steady and with a decent yield should then boost the token price massively ?

Probably a base investment rule is stick to what works, theres clever new ideas but crypto always had a strong association to gambling and its an industry considered recession proof.  They even state this in an episode of Sopranos I'am remembering, kinda funny but its a long term truth.  Ideally crypto is mixed with real world sense on principles true for decades if not hundreds of years.  I always will disagree with people who state this is all new, unprecedented when actually alot of the dynamics we see are repeated and common to any capitalist system.  Its a positive, the tech is new the markets should be familiar and tradable I hope Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
March 27, 2018, 05:24:47 AM
In 2018, the majority of ICO were unprofitable, about 76 percent, even Te-Food. On red market harder than on green, affects not only the traders.
Activity: 560
Merit: 22
March 27, 2018, 05:17:17 AM
Don't get me wrong guys and gals. The fact that those ICO's I participated in at Q1 didn't go x2/x10/x100 or whatever, doesn't mean I don't believe in them. It simply will take a long time before they turn profitable.

I did however decide to stop with ICO's, and wait until these reach exchanges....better to judge since a lot more time has passed (and more is done for the project).

The ICO's I am disappointed in the most are Beetoken, Dether, Lala and HOQU. All four still have potential, but wow...did they tank after getting on exchanges Smiley
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
March 26, 2018, 04:44:24 PM
ICO are getting harder and harder now and people are being smarter to choose where to invest.
If the ICO has no physical project going on, the idea must be new to people and unique for this to be a click in the market.
If the ICO has a physical project it is easier to sell to investors and most of the time it is just a quick crowdsale that ends to sold-out.

ICO will fail instantly if they announce that one of their team members is or brother of Mr. Satoshi Nakamoto why? No one ever sees his face or if Satoshi Nakamoto is really a real name of him.

ICOs are not anymore attractive, It's been a while I haven't invested in ICOs, I wait for price to get higher in exchanges.
This is something that the developers of icos will need to understand, in the past they could get huge funding by showing a white paper and a website and people were willing to invest millions in the  project right now if they want money they need to show that they have something going on for them, that they are not going to run away with the money and that they are serious and are going to develop something that works.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
March 22, 2018, 01:59:53 AM
Fully agree with your point of view. There are not many valuable projects in ICO now. Most of the projects haven't been clearly planned. Most of them are launched for public funding. In addition, the distribution system of token primary will also damage future investors. Too many ICO will start dumping on the market, which is very bad. In fact, many ICO is a fraud.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
March 22, 2018, 01:52:47 AM
It's a pity that you had such a sad experience. I participated in several successful ICO's. Of course now there is a lot of scam. But there are also very strong projects. You need to be able to see the potential.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 516
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
March 22, 2018, 01:10:49 AM
The cycle is now changing, there are fewer projects with ICOs funding more than 30 million $ recently. At this point am beginning to appreciate the ICO regulations from countries, not to collect personal data alone but to reduce scam while protecting investors. From the beginning of the year most projects have struggle due the general turbulence incryptocurrency. It is difficult to conclude that all the ICOs had failed in the year, I wish we could wait on the 2nd half of the year before we could rate the year's ICOs.
Activity: 290
Merit: 28
bitcoin is not a bubble, it is the pin
March 22, 2018, 12:48:49 AM
At the start of ICOs the entire crypto market was fresh and with not that many coins, so those ICOs flourished. People started noticing the incoming money in it and later on tons of ICOs appeared just to make a quick buck and scam people, lots of people got scammed, some ICOs didn't even bothered to show up on exchanges, just took the money and went away. Others got on the exchange but lost their value instantly. And as soon as it showed up on an exchange then the developers didn't do anything with it anymore so it died off over tiem. Now there are so many ICOs that they have saturated the entire crypto market. There are so many alt coins now that you don't even know at which to look at. With over a dozen ICOs taking off almost every day, they have overkilled it. ICO's aren't worth it anymore, practicly 95% of them go bust now. You can't even get your initial investment back anymore and end up with even over 90% loss.

I also think it is much harder to make profits nowadays mainly to the largecamount of new ICOs and that reduces the chance that the individual project can get some real attention unless it is transformational and has a large community. Where do you have your numbers from, is that personal experience, do you have some examples? I do not have one case where I lost 90% but I think it also comes down to if you hold after the projects hits the exchanges or if you sell as soon you are in the green. I say typically goodbye when I made 50% plus and move on.
Activity: 770
Merit: 505
March 18, 2018, 08:22:28 PM
ICO are getting harder and harder now and people are being smarter to choose where to invest.
If the ICO has no physical project going on, the idea must be new to people and unique for this to be a click in the market.
If the ICO has a physical project it is easier to sell to investors and most of the time it is just a quick crowdsale that ends to sold-out.

ICO will fail instantly if they announce that one of their team members is or brother of Mr. Satoshi Nakamoto why? No one ever sees his face or if Satoshi Nakamoto is really a real name of him.

ICOs are not anymore attractive, It's been a while I haven't invested in ICOs, I wait for price to get higher in exchanges.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
March 16, 2018, 06:14:31 PM
I agree. There are a lot of ICO's coming out and it feels like the x100 thing for coins will not happen. If it did happen, the hardest thing is to spot on who's ICO you will invest. It takes a lot of research, reading whitepapers can be exhausting if you know what I mean. Still traders to continue to do this and hoping to hit the jackpot one day. One thing is for sure, coin prices will start to increase after months of holding it. But the x100 is impossilbe.
There are always going to be coins that grow up to 100 times but it is not going to be easy to spot them especially since many scammers are creating coins and each time they do it they create more and more convincing projects so it is really difficult to know which project is a scam and which is real with real developers behind it that have a real possibility of growing.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 332
March 14, 2018, 03:02:14 PM
What I will definitely avoid is sending my bitcoin to the account. Most times you can't just predict these icos, they make it difficult to buy, either intentionally crashing their sites and never leasing your money in peace.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
March 14, 2018, 02:07:50 PM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

Well, that's really a decent point. But in this situation the most deciding factor is whether the person IS crypto-believer or not; my friends are like 50%-50%, half left ICOs, half still investing.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Harmony for One and All
March 14, 2018, 02:04:09 PM
yeah many ICO project don't doing their best performance to realize their project. but still not just in crypto project but in the old times i see a lot of people like that too in offline project, some bussiness will good or bad is depend on the team ofcourse and idea
i agree if now many project have same ideas but they will improve their project feature, the ICO is just some kind of bussiness to make a kick starter for them
Activity: 294
Merit: 161
March 14, 2018, 01:44:18 PM
At the start of ICOs the entire crypto market was fresh and with not that many coins, so those ICOs flourished. People started noticing the incoming money in it and later on tons of ICOs appeared just to make a quick buck and scam people, lots of people got scammed, some ICOs didn't even bothered to show up on exchanges, just took the money and went away. Others got on the exchange but lost their value instantly. And as soon as it showed up on an exchange then the developers didn't do anything with it anymore so it died off over tiem. Now there are so many ICOs that they have saturated the entire crypto market. There are so many alt coins now that you don't even know at which to look at. With over a dozen ICOs taking off almost every day, they have overkilled it. ICO's aren't worth it anymore, practicly 95% of them go bust now. You can't even get your initial investment back anymore and end up with even over 90% loss.
Activity: 150
Merit: 1
March 14, 2018, 01:09:40 PM
Well, sad to hear that you quit ICO's. For me, I just make sure that I'm putting my time, effort and money to an ICO that I believe.  ICO is also a big challenge but end of the day once you were able to identify a correct ICO then it will be rewarded greatly. Cheers and goodluck to ICO Teams.
Activity: 290
Merit: 28
bitcoin is not a bubble, it is the pin
March 14, 2018, 12:29:05 PM
Interesting point of view.
I'm on exactly opposite end - I'm going deeper with ICO's this year.

Your points are pretty valid, but this mean you just need to be more peaky where you are investing. And I'm always and only buying during the pre-ico phase, avoiding those ICO's with massive pre-sale.

Why would you avoid ICOs with a large presale? You get in at a better discount and there is higher chance to get out with a profit even if the ICO underperforms on the exchanges.
Pages:
Jump to: