Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's - page 40. (Read 6126 times)

Activity: 52
Merit: 2
February 23, 2018, 07:28:41 PM
Actually, I havent tried to join ICO projects, but one of my friends have tried it, and he actually  find it good, but it just takes time. Todays, there were a lot of ICO projects competing in the market, and it seems that for it to be successful it requires support from the market. Then if this not succeed, it is bad from its members who have joined, so it is kinda risky for everyone wanting to be more profitable through joining in any ICO project.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
February 23, 2018, 02:05:51 PM
I too want to quit investing in ICO, I only got few projects that are successful, most of my investment failed or was not able to follow their roadmap so nothing happened with my investment. So what i am planning is leave ICO but once the coin was listed in exchanges i'll buy tons of them while its new and price are still low. I think that way is better than investing in ICO because i can buy and sell it already in exchanges.
Activity: 280
Merit: 152
February 23, 2018, 01:54:31 PM
sometimes its possible to get the ico coins cheaper than ico price after their first listing on exchanges.... so why to participate in the icos with all the risks like scamming etc.............
Activity: 208
Merit: 10
February 23, 2018, 01:33:51 PM
Ico is good to invest in if you can actually make money if those projects will be listed in those big exchange and not on etherdelta and hitbtc were most thing that happened is dump and sell out of panic.
I don't think Ico itself is bad but what is bad is our attitude towards how this market work , no one want to invest in a project because he believes in the future of those project but just to sell for profits.
Yep, ICO is really good but there are so many scammers are trying to take advanage of ICO to scam people. They often create some ICO project with good WP, roadmap, good dev team and private deposit address is the most important thing Smiley. These project are often widely advertised and when they got enough money, they will disappear with all the money of investors Smiley
Yeah youre right there so many scammers but the possibility to hit a huge income from ICO is possible.So the best thing that we can do must be alert always and dont easily trust to anyone especially when you think they are a scammer.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
February 23, 2018, 12:51:11 PM
Interesting point of view.
I'm on exactly opposite end - I'm going deeper with ICO's this year.

Your points are pretty valid, but this mean you just need to be more peaky where you are investing. And I'm always and only buying during the pre-ico phase, avoiding those ICO's with massive pre-sale.
i do believe ico still have some future a head and its true we need to be peaky cause nearly  50% off all ico were fail in 2017. investing need a patient cause you may not get any profit at all even worse you might lose some. so be patient and keep searching the best ico.
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
February 23, 2018, 12:21:37 PM
I still invest in ICOs, but it's getting boring to read whitepapers of projects with same concepts, copying ideas. Projects, in which advisors and team members try to sell themselves like street bazar.
Yes , usually those copy-cat project won't last for long and the reason they open the project for scamming purpose only. So stay away from all of them if you don't want to get scam.

Yeah. We need to always look about their project because that can be the reason for us to know if the ICO is scam or not, don't be bored reading because knowing their background will help us to avoid scammers.
If you do like to make money then you do really need to risk money too.If you are afraid on the very first place then you should not engage into ICO and as an investor you should really know on your responsibilities and the things should be done first before you would decide to invest.If you are careless then most likely you will end up on getting scammed or do have failure if the project do fail.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
February 23, 2018, 12:03:49 PM
Well you points makes sense but still i have been able to make some good profits in some recent ICOs specially when you are able to invest in the Pre-ICO with huge discounts...most of the time i end up in the profit
Activity: 299
Merit: 11
February 23, 2018, 11:57:12 AM
Sorry for your bad experience with ICOs. I was planning on joining some myself when I can spare the Eth but based on your comments, it seems that it's a bad decision for now. Will have to look into other investments.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 23, 2018, 11:28:18 AM
I still invest in ICOs, but it's getting boring to read whitepapers of projects with same concepts, copying ideas. Projects, in which advisors and team members try to sell themselves like street bazar.
Yes , usually those copy-cat project won't last for long and the reason they open the project for scamming purpose only. So stay away from all of them if you don't want to get scam.

Yeah. We need to always look about their project because that can be the reason for us to know if the ICO is scam or not, don't be bored reading because knowing their background will help us to avoid scammers.
Activity: 373
February 23, 2018, 11:06:47 AM
This "ICO" phenomenon is overhyped. This creates a lot of speculations that drive people crazy. People just buy and sell without researching and leads to their downfall. I hope you'll find another area in which you can succeed.
Yeah youre right people will quit ICO if they will not researchful at the same time bored to read the whitepaper.But a big opportunity will comes from ICO especially when you started to joined the differents campaign conducted like Twitter,Telegram,Translatin,Reddit ,Signature campaign and etc.
Activity: 266
Merit: 122
February 23, 2018, 10:24:28 AM
The way I see it most of the ICO are actually good projects but somehow they lack support from the market, maybe because there are lots of ICOs introduce and people can't avail to look over each of them. Another is that at this point in time the crypto market has just starting to grow even better and adopting those projects is quite too early to do for now. But time will come we'll sire embrace the crypto market and have these ICOs like a normal stuff in our economy.
Activity: 325
February 23, 2018, 10:12:35 AM
you have your point but ICOs are still a good way to earn profit but of course you have to select the best ICOs. project needs funds that is why they have big hard cap and they need funds for their project to be done and implemented. and it takes months or years before their project to be considered successful. just research and select a good ICOs.
Maybe he was frustrated due to a lot of attempt to join ICO but was never paid him back of his hard work. Of course we also need to consider a lot of things, who is the owner the dev the manager the platform and other related things so that we will be sure about what we are entering at.
Activity: 532
February 23, 2018, 10:00:43 AM
you have your point but ICOs are still a good way to earn profit but of course you have to select the best ICOs. project needs funds that is why they have big hard cap and they need funds for their project to be done and implemented. and it takes months or years before their project to be considered successful. just research and select a good ICOs.
Activity: 364
The Exchange for EOS Community
February 23, 2018, 09:50:39 AM
ICO is a very good investment trend this year, it will be a pity if you give up this trend. ICO is receiving a lot of attention from investors because it brings a large profit due to the ICO sold out the token at the lowest price, after selling ICO successfully the crypto coins will be listed on the commercial and will greatly increase prices. That is why so many ICO projects are open so consider carefully before investing to avoid ICO scam projects.
Activity: 322
╔►[FILIPINO Translator]◄╝
February 23, 2018, 09:43:54 AM
Being just a bounty hunter will surely give my time and effort to ICO which means i am in contrast with you. You do have good reasons to quit since your statements make sense. Good luck for you and i would say good luck to me too as i continue to hunt for bounties.
Activity: 910
Merit: 509
February 23, 2018, 09:32:08 AM
I agree. The ICO craze is reaching its maximum. Everyone saw ICOs 40x'ing and what not last season. So naturally, everyone, both big and small investors, are trying to get in on the craze for the simple reason of dumping when the token or coin reaches a multiple in price.

And most ICOs are scams. You can argue this to death, but out of 100 ICOs, most are there for the hype and quick mass funding.

It's a bullet train to hell. Everyone who hasn't gotten off will end up splattered.

There's an exception to those few solid ICOs with great promise. But even those are pumped and dumped all the same.
We have not seen any ICO craze yet, I still believe that the craze this year would be more than the last years. However, we just have to see how this goes, while some keep doing well, some will still stall for a while.

I have had to wonder if I made some wrong decisions before after investing in an ICO and seeing their value when listed on exchange, then I just believe that over time, since I trust holding the project, it should give a better return. The future of the project is what matters.
Activity: 168
Merit: 5
Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!
February 23, 2018, 08:29:27 AM
ICO's are good and they provide customers a chance for using their coins while at the same time promoting their projects or products as well. But one thing some ICOs become the so called scam is when they lose their projects because they were not able to convinced their potential clients. Goals that seemed to promise something not quite possible to attain repels customer  and removes their trust on the project making it appear like a joke in the end. Because they cannot sustain with no market they lose the project and now appears as a scam because the promised ROI was not achieved and customers then dismiss them as such.
Activity: 143
February 23, 2018, 07:25:18 AM
Unfortunately, that is the sad truth about ICOs, most are scam and it is hard to find new good ICO to invest.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
February 23, 2018, 07:09:42 AM
Activity: 490
Merit: 105
February 23, 2018, 06:52:50 AM
Pages:
Jump to: