Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's - page 44. (Read 6126 times)

Activity: 2954
Merit: 683
February 14, 2018, 07:53:23 AM
Interesting point of view.
I'm on exactly opposite end - I'm going deeper with ICO's this year.

Your points are pretty valid, but this mean you just need to be more peaky where you are investing. And I'm always and only buying during the pre-ico phase, avoiding those ICO's with massive pre-sale.
Even myself have those kind of point which is definitely valid.I have seen this market is already crowded when it comes to projects which I do saw that they are just purely copying to each others idea as long they do able to represent something on the public that will able to make some funding but not totally minding on the total essence of a certain project this is why as an investor we should really be keen on everything.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
February 14, 2018, 07:38:42 AM
It's certain that the hard caps are high and that there are more and more... But some ICOs like crypterium or titanium still managed to reach it! I think the real problem is that it dilutes all this money on the market cap and therefore prevents good projects from succeeding  Sad
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
February 14, 2018, 07:31:21 AM
Hm, yes. It's interesting point of view. It has the right to exist.
The usual crowdfunding platforms and startups are also full of foolish ideas and bad offers, but they still exist. So, I don't think tat this year is the end of ICO. Our analytics methods should be fastidious.
Activity: 161
Merit: 38
(Thank you for all the merit =) ) ~Lovecove!
February 14, 2018, 07:13:40 AM
I agree. The ICO craze is reaching its maximum. Everyone saw ICOs 40x'ing and what not last season. So naturally, everyone, both big and small investors, are trying to get in on the craze for the simple reason of dumping when the token or coin reaches a multiple in price.

And most ICOs are scams. You can argue this to death, but out of 100 ICOs, most are there for the hype and quick mass funding.

It's a bullet train to hell. Everyone who hasn't gotten off will end up splattered.

There's an exception to those few solid ICOs with great promise. But even those are pumped and dumped all the same.
Activity: 981
Merit: 503
February 14, 2018, 07:08:55 AM
Interesting point of view.
I'm on exactly opposite end - I'm going deeper with ICO's this year.

Your points are pretty valid, but this mean you just need to be more peaky where you are investing. And I'm always and only buying during the pre-ico phase, avoiding those ICO's with massive pre-sale.
Activity: 560
Merit: 22
February 14, 2018, 06:29:26 AM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: