Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's - page 8. (Read 6126 times)

Activity: 539
Merit: 255
December 16, 2018, 02:13:58 PM
And so you were lucky that you back off before the total catastrophe. At the moment, the investors are happy if the ICO survived the price drops and continue development, or it did not turn out to be a scam.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
December 16, 2018, 01:57:49 PM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
I do not really invest in ICOs since I experienced lose of my money when I heard from a friend an ICO  which I had thought it was good but sad to say it suddenly disappear in the air. All of their social medias and their community have gone away this is the main reason why I need to stop investing in ICO there are still good ICO but it is very few much of ICOs nowadays tend to scam people.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 356
December 16, 2018, 10:14:56 AM
Surely, this is your choice and it's based on your subjective experience. I also have different results from participating in ICO - good and bad. But personally I stay and continue to explore and search for good projects and even have already found a few.
indeed everyone has their choice, and it will be better if we follow personal standpoints. for me, learning to recognize good ico will be better, because we can make money that is multiple

We should understand the difference between the good and bad ICO. We should have enough knowledge and experience to differentiate the scam and good ico. Quitting all the ico is not the solution as digital currencies have just started and there will be many more good ico yet to emerge.
Activity: 353
Merit: 12
December 16, 2018, 10:10:50 AM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

Since we get possible big income from ICO we should not quit even just a little time because ICO is actually really big help to us, but because of some ICO project that doesn't success because of luck of support that's why they will experienced a bad project of ICO but it doesn't mean that all ICO is not good many of them are ok so just be patience and find the right ICO project.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
December 16, 2018, 07:15:40 AM
I must admit that you have valid points and arguments of wanting to quit ICOs, but on the second thought, running away from the problems or challenges of ICOs won't solve the general problem. The best thing is everyone uniting when it comes to projects, and boycott the irrelevant ones no matter the hypes or profit returns on it.
Activity: 481
December 16, 2018, 04:59:24 AM
There are many worthless ICO, most of the teams of ICO are trash because they are not improving their products and they are only focusing to gain profit. We can't ensure if we will gain profit from investing in ICOs because of the high risks that we are going to face.
Activity: 812
Merit: 142
December 16, 2018, 04:04:32 AM
My reason for ICO leaving was that their where so many that identifying which is good and which is can turned difficult . Many did not got listed and had to consider it as a loss . Instead better to trade once they get listed and then buy more of the coin if you feel worth investing .
Activity: 574
Bitway.net - The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
December 16, 2018, 04:00:40 AM
Many ICO was failed and could reached their target for hardcap because they have lost their chance with lower price of bitcoin and ethereum, many ICO was stop for selling their ICO but you will got your refund money back by ico team.
Activity: 456
Merit: 15
December 16, 2018, 03:34:22 AM
Yes, I support you to do this. I also gave up the investment of ICO. This is the cemetery of funds. Investment will only lose money. I lost any hope for ICO. I hate liar. We should stay away from ICO. Novices should not participate in ICO investment. This is a suggestion.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
December 15, 2018, 03:34:13 AM
Many investor have quit and left for ico investment at this years, they have faced with scam and lower price of ICO investment and make them lost and quit from ICO project, but I am still loyal with joining at best and potential ico.
Activity: 378
December 15, 2018, 03:14:09 AM
I agree with you. I also withdrew my investment in the ICO project very early. The ICO project is now in danger of disappearing. It is very unwise to invest in ICO, which is very similar to gambling. So giving up ICO investment is correct.
Activity: 336
December 15, 2018, 03:08:52 AM
ICOs have terribly decreased in terms of quality while its numbers are increasing exponentially. And ICO investors are also turning blind to the products that the projects are aiming. Most of the time, the ICO participants are only taking notice of the exchanges, the price of the tokens or coins, and their volume. They are becoming oblivious to the actual problems that the project is expected to address by way of their products.
Yes, the ICO project this year was badly affected by falling Bitcoin prices, so many ICO projects failed in exchange, so many Investors did not want to participate in the current ICO project. Because investors don't want big losses.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 256
December 14, 2018, 10:38:58 PM
ICOs have terribly decreased in terms of quality while its numbers are increasing exponentially. And ICO investors are also turning blind to the products that the projects are aiming. Most of the time, the ICO participants are only taking notice of the exchanges, the price of the tokens or coins, and their volume. They are becoming oblivious to the actual problems that the project is expected to address by way of their products.
Activity: 826
December 14, 2018, 10:20:03 PM
Surely, this is your choice and it's based on your subjective experience. I also have different results from participating in ICO - good and bad. But personally I stay and continue to explore and search for good projects and even have already found a few.
indeed everyone has their choice, and it will be better if we follow personal standpoints. for me, learning to recognize good ico will be better, because we can make money that is multiple
Activity: 714
Merit: 14
December 14, 2018, 09:31:04 PM
They are several ways why i also dont participate in the initial coin offerings. One reason out of them is, the huge bounty pools. They are to many bounty hunters, who get to much tokens. And immidietaly they got listed on exchange and sometimes before ond forkdelta they dump their tokens for like 10% of the initial coin offerings price. So today as investor you are stupid when you invest in initial coin offerings with huge bounty pools. You can just wait untill they got dumped on the exchange!
Why are people always pointing fingers at Bounty hunters whenever a newly listed coin gets dumped on the market? I have entered a couple of bounty programs and i have never seen one with an allocation of more than 10% of the entire tokens generated. The percentage allocation which normally appears is from 1% to 5% of the entire tokens. How can that dump the entire coin after the token gets listed even if all 1000 bounty hunters who entered the campaign decides to sell their tokens?
Trust me, most of the dumping comes from the strategic plan of the team.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
December 14, 2018, 07:47:44 PM
I can just imagine how pained you are to have made this post. As for me, I will still giving it my all. I might have a breakthrough. Amen
Activity: 910
December 14, 2018, 02:45:09 PM
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
December 14, 2018, 11:26:28 AM

• massive hardcaps

ICOs nowadays were less profitable.We can see the potential of the token when it is already in an exchanges and most of them have low value compared to ICO price.Most investors have lost when they have pick scam ICOs and i can see that your point of view was right.If you already decided to give up then you have reasons to quit.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
December 14, 2018, 10:55:46 AM
Exiting the ICO investment is very correct. Now ICO has become the grave of everyone. Only a few ICO projects can make investors make money, and many projects will make investors bankrupt. So leaving the ICO is wise.
hence from that there are now a lot of people who are out of ICO investment, because this year there are many useless ICOs that cause losses to many investors
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
December 14, 2018, 10:53:40 AM
By the time you quit ICOs there will probably be some really good ones that pops up.  Just like how everyone wrote bitcoin off in the past but it always came back stronger.  There will always be more innovation and new technology when you least expect it.  If you were smart you would at least keep an eye out for promising  new projects.
Pages:
Jump to: