Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's - page 9. (Read 6126 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 500
December 14, 2018, 09:42:08 AM
I think we need to stop this blame game, looking at the second part of the year ICO funding has dried up and with all this happening the return on investment has not improved and tokens keep dumping on exchanges. We investors too put too much expectations on these developers hoping to get ridiculous ROI, until we start seeing things right from investment angle and with realist expectations we will keep up with this blame game
Activity: 896
Merit: 267
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 14, 2018, 08:58:21 AM
Ico is good to invest in if you can actually make money if those projects will be listed in those big exchange and not on etherdelta and hitbtc were most thing that happened is dump and sell out of panic.
I don't think Ico itself is bad but what is bad is our attitude towards how this market work , no one want to invest in a project because he believes in the future of those project but just to sell for profits.
You will consider that you can earn money from ICO if the ICO has good project and platform. Every individual have their own reason why they quitting in investing in ICO projects. But, for me if you choose good ICO which have potential you will say that I will never quit in investing ICO.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
December 07, 2018, 02:15:56 AM
There are really happening in bitcoin world beyond our control it's either you continue in spite and despite or you just quit ico..campaign..trading and everything about crypto world due to many irregulation, uncertainties and the issue about market place...whatever our decision is, its either we lose or we profit.
people who quit the ICO of course they think that they have lost profits, and see the current situation, of course that is a natural thing. however, I think this is like a storm, and when everything returns to normal, everyone will again make their ICO company.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
December 07, 2018, 01:34:34 AM
There are really happening in bitcoin world beyond our control it's either you continue in spite and despite or you just quit ico..campaign..trading and everything about crypto world due to many irregulation, uncertainties and the issue about market place...whatever our decision is, its either we lose or we profit.
Activity: 435
Merit: 100
December 06, 2018, 11:35:16 PM
Thank you for sharing your experience. I think the current ICO market is dying. Project owners always postpone their listing. They always wait for the prices of the altcoins to become better to be listed on the floor without thinking of the interests of investors. It is a very unsettling behavior of the founders that they are unaware of. This is one of the reasons I do not invest in ICO projects anymore.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 567
December 06, 2018, 11:29:27 PM
As per the research report i read on LinkedIn someone posted it few months ago he mentioned that 85% icos are just for raising money and they don't have potential product for future development and for benefits for stakeholders.. one more thing most of ICOs do not able to give any profit from investment. that's why I don't want to invest in any of ICO.
Based on my experience, you will only have a good chance to gain profit from ICO or investment in crypto project if you have a deep connection with the project's team.
Inner circle and inside information have always been the key here.
copper member
Activity: 546
Merit: 1
December 06, 2018, 12:57:15 PM
Quitting ico doesn't mean one won't lose in some other ways. For an investors it's advisable to make rigid findings on the product you want to invest in if it's an already working project or a short time project which only comes with profit and dump. Always go for a product that will be in existence in the next few years.
Activity: 812
Merit: 108
December 06, 2018, 12:13:12 PM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

As per the research report i read on LinkedIn someone posted it few months ago he mentioned that 85% icos are just for raising money and they don't have potential product for future development and for benefits for stakeholders.. one more thing most of ICOs do not able to give any profit from investment. that's why I don't want to invest in any of ICO.
Activity: 1017
Merit: 107
Axioma Holding - Axioma Pay Crypto Card
December 06, 2018, 11:51:26 AM
after a certain time I think that ICO be a lottery, even with ranked, information, whitepaper, good design..., even so it could be a scam and you lose all your money, ICOs are destroying a part of the crypto community, but soon I hope have a solution for these thieves disguised as projects!
so this why we need regulation to ICO's too.only real project that could run ICO in cryptocurrency market.at this moment too many ico that actually useless for us.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 10
December 06, 2018, 07:58:37 AM
I completely support you, we can’t trust any ICO anymore, because there are too many reasons why we can’t do this and once you have indicated many of them, now fewer and fewer people trust in any ICO because they are just beginning to delve into this sphere. I believe that when the cryptocurrency will start to be regulated by the governments, then all ICOs will be official and then ICOs will probably gain great popularity again.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 542
December 06, 2018, 05:27:26 AM
ICO in my opinion is not profitable for now if you are looking for a fast return of your money those times are gone wherein after ico theres a 5x-10x profit when listed but with so many shit ICOs and shit projects happening everyday which totally killed the market and many investors lost money on it, if the price  after listing on exchanges will be regulated theres still hope in ICOs but for now ICO is dead. 
Activity: 271
December 06, 2018, 03:02:10 AM
Exiting the ICO investment is very correct. Now ICO has become the grave of everyone. Only a few ICO projects can make investors make money, and many projects will make investors bankrupt. So leaving the ICO is wise.
Activity: 854
Merit: 252
December 06, 2018, 02:19:15 AM
Everybody is in here bashing ICOs, maybe they should look at the statistics. By Q2 this year ICOs had already eclipsed the funding seen throughout 2017. There is actually MORE money being invested in ICOs overall this year, of course the amount per ICO is lower due to the sheer number of ICOs, but we can hardly say that ICOs are dead, as that's obviously not true.

In some other point of view was true and correct. Particularly, ico this year really became not good to anyone in this field of industry. it is totally the scam ico arise, although I am not saying that all ico is scam of course not. Due to I still do believed that there is still ico out there were I could say its a legit one. But if anyone will continue to bash ico better for them to get out of here, besides they are not force to stay here for a long time.
Activity: 1085
Merit: 500
hi =D
December 06, 2018, 01:50:56 AM
after a certain time I think that ICO be a lottery, even with ranked, information, whitepaper, good design..., even so it could be a scam and you lose all your money, ICOs are destroying a part of the crypto community, but soon I hope have a solution for these thieves disguised as projects!
Activity: 606
December 06, 2018, 01:24:49 AM
Many ICO have scam and many owner run away after their ICO success its why you have left and quick from ICO investment project, many regulation after ICO success by the owner and always delay for listing their coin at the exchange market.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 567
December 06, 2018, 12:09:37 AM
many ico failed this year and I don't think they should be able to enter easily in this forum from the start, I see that there must be terms and conditions that are not too easy for media promotion, this forum is also very necessary to do so. investors are very confused because there are too many ico with similar projects and some of them even intend to cheat, this is the strong impact of the emergence of being too free so that the quality of sales is greatly reduced.
Day after day, month after month I become increasingly convinced that ipo is better than ico. Many team projects are wanting to get some money for themselves in ICO, they even want to reward themselves with some big percentage of their tokens. This is very spoiled.
Thats why we see that the current amount of funds needed of some ICOs are much much bigger than before early projects like Ethereum.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
December 05, 2018, 10:20:07 PM
I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
Actually I am not a vivid supporter of ICOs because aside from the risk, I have no enough capital to pay for this project. I am really contented to join bounty and signature campaign here because it does not need money for capital and then I have learn so much from this kind of task.
Activity: 602
Merit: 54
December 05, 2018, 03:03:42 PM

• massive hardcaps

It is good that you realized problems with investing in ICOs in time. Coins and tokens usually lose their value after ICO this year when they reach exchanges, so you probably made good decision. But there always will be gems which we should look for. For example, in September UBEX ICO was great opportunity for fast 3x, 4x and even 5x on your investment if you sell at right time, but after initial hype value UBEX token declined 40% from its ICO phase price.
Activity: 868
Merit: 252
December 05, 2018, 03:01:51 PM
many ico failed this year and I don't think they should be able to enter easily in this forum from the start, I see that there must be terms and conditions that are not too easy for media promotion, this forum is also very necessary to do so. investors are very confused because there are too many ico with similar projects and some of them even intend to cheat, this is the strong impact of the emergence of being too free so that the quality of sales is greatly reduced.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
December 05, 2018, 02:31:46 PM
Interesting point of view.
I'm on exactly opposite end - I'm going deeper with ICO's this year.

Your points are pretty valid, but this mean you just need to be more peaky where you are investing. And I'm always and only buying during the pre-ico phase, avoiding those ICO's with massive pre-sale.
I think that those who invested this year in ICO projects or participated in ICO bounty campaigns have earned almost nothing, and maybe they have suffered losses. This year was a very unfortunate year both for ICO and for bounty hunters. Of course, individuals may be more fortunate, but I think that this is rather an exception to the general rule.
Pages:
Jump to: