Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I Don't Do Bounty Campaigns & Why You Shouldn't Either - page 5. (Read 18287 times)

Activity: 487
Merit: 105
So a few months ago I did some bounty work for a company called Swachhcoin. Like many of you, I spent countless hours developing and creating posts that highlighted key features of the platform. Fast forward several months...they tell all of us bounty campaign participants that we will have to pass KYC to receive the NEW swachhcoin tokens (SWACHH). My previous Swachhcoin tokens (SCX) are now worth $0 and I will have to do KYC to get my new usable tokens. Also, they set a monthly limit of how many tokens we can sell. We will receive 10% each month to prevent dumping. I like this idea, but NONE of this was presented during the bounty campaign period. I also bought 2 ETH worth of tokens and they've delayed the project at least 2 times! To me, this is unprofessional, ridiculous, and outlandish. Sorry for the rant, but this is the exact reason I've been slowly putting my money into projects that I think have a future. I'm trying to stay away from the bad apples and put some leftover money aside into Bitcoin, Nauticus, Ethereum, EOS, and even XRP.
well, if you are deceived in one project - it does not mean that it will be the same in others. There were a lot of bounty companies where hunters received worthy awards. so do not judge everyone because of one bounty company.
Activity: 786
Merit: 10
So a few months ago I did some bounty work for a company called Swachhcoin. Like many of you, I spent countless hours developing and creating posts that highlighted key features of the platform. Fast forward several months...they tell all of us bounty campaign participants that we will have to pass KYC to receive the NEW swachhcoin tokens (SWACHH). My previous Swachhcoin tokens (SCX) are now worth $0 and I will have to do KYC to get my new usable tokens. Also, they set a monthly limit of how many tokens we can sell. We will receive 10% each month to prevent dumping. I like this idea, but NONE of this was presented during the bounty campaign period. I also bought 2 ETH worth of tokens and they've delayed the project at least 2 times! To me, this is unprofessional, ridiculous, and outlandish. Sorry for the rant, but this is the exact reason I've been slowly putting my money into projects that I think have a future. I'm trying to stay away from the bad apples and put some leftover money aside into Bitcoin, Nauticus, Ethereum, EOS, and even XRP.

I think its an everybody's prerogative whether they would join a bounty campaigns or not, everybody are entitled to their own opinions and hardwork, as long as they are studying what they are engaging to, but the most important factor is that the legibility of the project they are promoting and they are paid for doing it so.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
I might have to disagree with you, I first had this idea that I can't waste my time doing bounties because it's an absolute waste of time until I benefited over $500 from a bounty which i just decided to try out since I had enough free time and I don't need to buy the coins anyways.

I just do some task and get to hold the coin. Guess what, it paid off, I made up to $500 after I sold my coin on exchange.
Activity: 230
May be you haven't chooses the right bounty to join, if you have joined to the content protocol bounty or aergo, you would be very happy coz they have been added to exchanges and are trading higher than ico price, yes I know it is hard to find the right bounty that really worth it, but if you find it then you would get some really good profit and it is not impossible.
copper member
Activity: 1190
Merit: 3
When I entered in cryptocurrencies world, I was not knowing about bounty programs. Later I was exposed to those and got attracted towards it.
Until few days back my opinion was just opposite to your.
Now I have seen that many projects are changing criterias at the last moment to receive the awards. Many Force us to install xyz wallet so that they get benefited out of it.
Few days ago from one of the program that bounty has suddenly halted due to some reasons and rewards have been decreased.
Even if everything goes well, we can not guarantee that the amount of tokens we hold, can give us good value out of it.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs
It looks naive. A project that acts unprofessionally, but still lives, is a good project. At least because many crypto startups are either fraudulent or slowly dying in inactivity.
Activity: 644
Merit: 1
I feel your pain. Many bounty projects don't reward their hunters. Take for example Kelta mining that some of us did last year. Up till now we have not been paid. The devs used us for their own selfish gains and after the campaign ended, we were tagged as bots and fakes. Too bad I cannot delete or edit the article I wrote for them on steemit

You can write another article. This time, expose it and write in it everything you think about this project.
As for me, I continue to participate in bounty campaigns, despite the fact that I have been waiting for many awards since last year.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 605
maybe the time of the ico and of the bounty is finished the bounty hunters have to look for other ways to earn such as translations, original content, videos or maybe even start trading...
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
It's really for the best I'd say, even if you do find a good campaign, it's pretty rare to actually earn a decent amount of money with it.
You'd be better off just saving up some money to invest into established coins, like the ones you mentioned.

Alternatively, you could also just provide people with a service in exchange for cryptocurrency.
You know, like a freelance job for example.
Activity: 560
You need to be able to choose bounty. There are a lot of projects that lead bounty and most of them have no chance for the future. But there are really good projects that pay immediately and their coins are worth good money.
Activity: 507
Merit: 100
2017 was the very last year ICO profited most people, years afterwards was a mess in ICO.  I also did the same bounty you're talking about, they hosted it in a bounty platform and we all participated in it. After the end of the bounty, they were now telling the campaigners that we have to do kyc before we could receive our token which wasn't in the agreement before the campaign start, what a mess.
Now a lot of projects introduce this procedure at the end of the bounty campaign. I also think that it is not correct
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
2017 was the very last year ICO profited most people, years afterwards was a mess in ICO.  I also did the same bounty you're talking about, they hosted it in a bounty platform and we all participated in it. After the end of the bounty, they were now telling the campaigners that we have to do kyc before we could receive our token which wasn't in the agreement before the campaign start, what a mess.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
Actually you can't single out every bounties just by one bad example. Actually bounty world like crypto world. There is some good ones and bad ones. Mostly you need pure luck, nothing more.
besides luck in choosing a bounty we must also pay attention to how we choose. we cannot immediately choose bounty like gambling, because choosing also requires analysis and calculation. that's what makes us later able to get a good bounty, but the rest is our luck.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

Actually you can't single out every bounties just by one bad example. Actually bounty world like crypto world. There is some good ones and bad ones. Mostly you need pure luck, nothing more.
Activity: 756
Merit: 13
DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange
I appreciate and support your decisionbut at the same time i will suggest you to take take part in promoting good campaigns, i know that in last many months most bounty rewards have either been poor or not paid status while some are just delaying and delaying distribution  with lame excuses but i think market situation can change anytime so we should be positive and hope that bounties will become profitable in coming days.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 530
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
It is getting scarce now to find real project doing bounty, most of the bounties out there lack substance and it is better to stay away from them, because at the end of the day, it will just be a waste of precious time. I have said it over and over again that do not carry a signature of project you can not invest your own money into.
Activity: 728
Merit: 139
Your experience is not unique, unfortunately, such problems with KYC occur periodically. The main problem is that the organizers can change the conditions of the campaign unilaterally and the participants who began work under certain conditions are forced to accept and agree with all the changes or be left with nothing. I would call it blackmail and we should not tolerate it. Nevertheless, I would not refuse to participate in bounty campaigns, just need to be more responsible in their choice.
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
What happen to you in participating in just this one campaign is not enough reason to stop participating in bounty campaign and advising everyone to stop as well. There are still good campaign. Since I started participating in bounty campaigns if I sum it up I have earn over $10000.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
I have never heard of that Swachhcoin, I bet you joined through the bounty platform which somehow I find not appealing because most if not all projects that goes there aren't dong good after the ICO. They can even be scam. If you are to join a bounty you can try the ones that pay BTC. They are much preferred by most of the hunters actually.

copper member
Activity: 322
Merit: 8
I feel your pain. Many bounty projects don't reward their hunters. Take for example Kelta mining that some of us did last year. Up till now we have not been paid. The devs used us for their own selfish gains and after the campaign ended, we were tagged as bots and fakes. Too bad I cannot delete or edit the article I wrote for them on steemit
Pages:
Jump to: