Pages:
Author

Topic: Why I Don't Do Bounty Campaigns & Why You Shouldn't Either - page 7. (Read 18314 times)

Activity: 552
Merit: 1
So a few months ago I did some bounty work for a company called Swachhcoin. Like many of you, I spent countless hours developing and creating posts that highlighted key features of the platform. Fast forward several months...they tell all of us bounty campaign participants that we will have to pass KYC to receive the NEW swachhcoin tokens (SWACHH). My previous Swachhcoin tokens (SCX) are now worth $0 and I will have to do KYC to get my new usable tokens. Also, they set a monthly limit of how many tokens we can sell. We will receive 10% each month to prevent dumping. I like this idea, but NONE of this was presented during the bounty campaign period. I also bought 2 ETH worth of tokens and they've delayed the project at least 2 times! To me, this is unprofessional, ridiculous, and outlandish. Sorry for the rant, but this is the exact reason I've been slowly putting my money into projects that I think have a future. I'm trying to stay away from the bad apples and put some leftover money aside into Bitcoin, Nauticus, Ethereum, EOS, and even XRP.
The caption of your topic attracted me and i found  it amusing, but coming to the content, i felt so sorry, most especially when bounty hunters pass through ordeals like this.  Sometimes, even when you feel you are in the right project, there are some conditions that may make you unhappy and feel like every other project is the same. I also read about the same experience from someone, also a fellow hunter, sometimes ago. This is why i always prefer projects where conditions and rules have already been given prior to the bounty participation.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
There are tons of 2018 ICO project that paid nearly 0 bounty hunters like me.. that' why I stopped doing new campaigns except for some few ones....
Activity: 983
Merit: 100
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
I know what you feel mate. I stop doing bounty campaign for almost 6 months. I dont get any profit from bounties. Most of them are scam projects. The problem is its so hard to find a real project. Back in 2017 there is so much good project. I hopes this year will be a good year for bounty hunters.
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
So a few months ago I did some bounty work for a company called Swachhcoin. Like many of you, I spent countless hours developing and creating posts that highlighted key features of the platform. Fast forward several months...they tell all of us bounty campaign participants that we will have to pass KYC to receive the NEW swachhcoin tokens (SWACHH). My previous Swachhcoin tokens (SCX) are now worth $0 and I will have to do KYC to get my new usable tokens. Also, they set a monthly limit of how many tokens we can sell. We will receive 10% each month to prevent dumping. I like this idea, but NONE of this was presented during the bounty campaign period. I also bought 2 ETH worth of tokens and they've delayed the project at least 2 times! To me, this is unprofessional, ridiculous, and outlandish. Sorry for the rant, but this is the exact reason I've been slowly putting my money into projects that I think have a future. I'm trying to stay away from the bad apples and put some leftover money aside into Bitcoin, Nauticus, Ethereum, EOS, and even XRP.

For what happened into bounty campaigns since last year up to the present was really not good experienced for most of the bounty hunters.
But of course, I still do believed that there are good ico which I knew remain good and legit. We just need to patiently seek it. And besides there's a time of harvesting also there's a time too for Sowing.
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
There are times that i think of stopping doing bounty campaigns because some of the bounty is not profitable now to be honest but we need to research well which bounty to join. Who knows we can hit a diamond bounty campaign that will leads us to a good fortune. I just continue doing it because maybe one time it will come back again just like the old days where one token from another had a good value but for today. It's kinda hard to find some gems in different bounty. Just don't stop doing it because you will never know what will happen in the future.
Activity: 994
Recently, I stopped participating in company bounty projects. First of all, since I spend a lot of time and energy, and the payments are very small. Also almost all projects are scam. Just a pity spent personal time.
Activity: 462
Merit: 13
That is quiet unfortunate I was following that project just that i wasn't able to make the deadline. But never give up because of this, try another project that is crypto for you. Just push till your last breath.
Activity: 235
It seems to me to stop practicing bounty is not worth it at all, because you only lose time if you don’t have luck, and if successful you get money!
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
There are lots of bounty campaign happening in bitcoin forum. And we get thousands of participants. But I am agree with you, bounty campaign can't give you good return for your effort. Bounty hunters do lots of work with different campaigns but they don't get their deserve earning from it.
Agreed. We are paying the price for the insane reward-to-effort ratio that bounty hunters enjoyed in 2016-2017. We're never seeing 3 bitcoins per month ever again.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1043
Need A Campaign Manager? | Contact Little_Mouse
This is the problem why most ICO's fail because of this stupid ICO's. Investors are thinking if they will invest into it or not. One thing more is the developers gives new instructions after the campaign etc. I have joined bounty campaigns already and maybe I'm lucky with the campaigns I joined because some of them gave me tokens that I can sell.

One more, don't ever give your personal information to these stupid developers. They can sell your information for a cheap price.
copper member
Activity: 349
Merit: 0
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

That's one of the hidden strategies that most projects use to strip bounty hunters of their token, you will campaign and do everything and at the end they will present useless rules which most hunters won't be able to meet up to. Have learnt my lesson and I choose what projects to run campaigns on very carefully now and so far it has been paying off
Activity: 434
It seems to me to continue all the same, because so we will be able to get tokens for free without any investment that can make a profit!
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
I still participate in signature campaigns, facebook and twitter, the main thing is to carefully select projects. Study the project idea, team, partnerships, icodrops reports and you can be confident in a good and strong project. Yes, now it is not 2017, but still it is quite realistic to make good money on bounty.
Impossible, currently bounty does not help you earn money. 99% of the current bounty is dead and scam, I have wasted more than 8 months to participate in some signature campaigns but so far I have not received anything. Obviously this is not 2017 and so the bounty is dead
Activity: 23
Merit: 4
What you have experienced is definitely an unprofessional thing for the project team to do.  All terms and conditions have to be stated from the very beginning.  However, we have to take note that there is also a clause that says, the project team has the right to amend the terms and conditions.   

But, not all bounty campaigns are as bad.  There are some very good ones.  If you heard about Sharering, the bounty campaign was done through Bounty0x.  KYC was required from the beginning, tokens were distributed early but locked until one week after the listing.  There are many good bounties out there.  Don't let one incident stop you from doing what you want to do!
Activity: 910
Merit: 12
Unfortunately, token values from bounty campaigns are quite low compared to 2017. But that doesn't make me give up on my bounty campaigns. I only joining with twitter campaigns. So I don't spend a lot of time and I get token in return. And I holding these token in my wallet. Because at the moment the values of token could be coming to us pretty low. But when that token started trading on a stock market and the market rose, we could make good profits through that token.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
When a team changes the rules of the game at the end of the campaign - this is unacceptable! Not only that the team introduced KYC, it has also set a limit on the sale - it is generally outrageous !!!
Recently projects often change the conditions of a campaign, change the managers who lead the project, this is alarming and adds a "-" project.
Activity: 420
Merit: 11
I still participate in signature campaigns, facebook and twitter, the main thing is to carefully select projects. Study the project idea, team, partnerships, icodrops reports and you can be confident in a good and strong project. Yes, now it is not 2017, but still it is quite realistic to make good money on bounty.
Activity: 840
Merit: 3
 well, that was a bad experience you got there . but all the same some bounties still pay, i prefer putting my effort in doing bounties for projects that are already trading or rewards given in stable coins.

otherwise engaging in bounties these days can be frustrating because some projects either exit scam  or they do not meet their softcap and so cannot continue, then if either of these happens your effort as a bounty hunter is in vain.
Activity: 793
I thought that Swachhcoin is a legal company with real product. We can´t believe any ICO!
I'm glad I did not have to spend months of time for nothing.
Activity: 448
Merit: 2
For a long time that I spent looking for promising ICOS and participating in bounty campaigns, I came to the conclusion that this carries much more risks than investing my own funds in coins that have long proven themselves (BTC, ETH, XRP and others). Therefore, I try to minimize my risks and carefully select companies, reducing their number and improving quality.
Pages:
Jump to: