Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is Africa stuck in the stone age? - page 10. (Read 11259 times)

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
December 18, 2014, 09:58:57 AM
There are a variety of reasons. Many of the reasons have to do with the fact that there are a reasonable number of high IQ people in America and Europe who managed to improve things... for money, of course. Also, there is a high emotional IQ among many of the people of Africa while there is a lower intellectual IQ, which causes all kinds of turmoil for them. If you want to see validation for this, search the archives of http://www.amren.com/ about 15 years back.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001
December 18, 2014, 09:47:55 AM
This is not meant to be an offensive post, I am genuinely curious as to why Africa is so far behind the rest of the world.

The Roman Empire had running water, amenities, reliable shelter and clothing for its entire populace 2,000 years ago. 2,000 FRIGGIN YEARS AGO. They created art, sculptures, vast architecture using 2,000 YEAR OLD technology yet if you go to a random area in Africa, it is plagued by poverty, destitution and just overall squalor.

Why is Africa 2000+ years behind the rest of the world and what can be done to correct this??

Because of their geographical location ?
Their land always dry and almost drought every season
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
December 18, 2014, 09:08:11 AM
This is not meant to be an offensive post, I am genuinely curious as to why Africa is so far behind the rest of the world.

The Roman Empire had running water, amenities, reliable shelter and clothing for its entire populace 2,000 years ago. 2,000 FRIGGIN YEARS AGO. They created art, sculptures, vast architecture using 2,000 YEAR OLD technology yet if you go to a random area in Africa, it is plagued by poverty, destitution and just overall squalor.

Why is Africa 2000+ years behind the rest of the world and what can be done to correct this??

First of all, your premise is mistaken and in error.  By taking the most advanced civilization of 2000 years ago, not "the average".  Even with that comparison, Africa has cars, mobile phones, computers, which Rome did not.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
December 18, 2014, 09:05:45 AM
Before the racists plague this thread with their bullshit, as has already been said the African continent has been deliberately kept in a primitive state by more advanced nations, no one can say for sure why but to me the most obvious answer would be resources.

Africa is still after all this time a resource rich continent, even if the Africans didn't unite but somehow managed to learn to fend for themselves and get just as advanced as the rest of the world that would mean bad news for other countries because they could no longer take advantage of their poverty and buy up their resources cheap.

While I won't claim any conspiracy theory in regards to aids and ebola on that continent I do agree that colonialism is most likely the biggest cause of their problems, we've often seen how much empire building can fuck up a country and the Africans have had to deal with that shit for hundreds of years.
Activity: 182
Merit: 123
"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"
December 18, 2014, 08:46:13 AM
my comment is about Rome, 1. the south shore is Africa too, thus far Africa enjoyed the wonders and squalors of Rome. 2. Rome collapsed, the o of life.

and personally there is no Africa, but Individuals, as such I agree some are so stuck that only swording is useful... other not. Maybe because the wonders of the Empire aren't collective but individual in nature. That in collectivizing defense (Individuals working together with a common goal (defeat the foreign and domestic enemies)) at a scale never seen before, it was possible to say fuck to anyone wanting trouble and be able to grow and prosper in peace, until said prosperity was destroyed by intellectual laziness, fictions and fallacies.

But the last 5000 years were pretty hard on the People the most integrated to their environments... that has costs, I want a bath.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
December 18, 2014, 08:36:41 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonialism
Activity: 603
Merit: 108
December 18, 2014, 08:11:52 AM

Pages:
Jump to: