Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is Africa stuck in the stone age? - page 2. (Read 11259 times)

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
December 31, 2014, 12:10:20 PM
Africans settled in Europe hundreds of thousands of years ago.

Of course, this is 100% conjecture, with contradictory interpretations throughout the whole idea. Essentially, it isn't even theory. It is only touted as theory by political scientists, or politicians directly.

The Bible is the historical record made by the people who were there, and authorized by God, Himself.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
December 31, 2014, 12:00:29 PM
This is not meant to be an offensive post, I am genuinely curious as to why Africa is so far behind the rest of the world.

The Roman Empire had running water, amenities, reliable shelter and clothing for its entire populace 2,000 years ago. 2,000 FRIGGIN YEARS AGO. They created art, sculptures, vast architecture using 2,000 YEAR OLD technology yet if you go to a random area in Africa, it is plagued by poverty, destitution and just overall squalor.

Why is Africa 2000+ years behind the rest of the world and what can be done to correct this??

2000 years ago when there was Roman Empire it was Ancient age and not Stone age.

I think oprahwindfury did not mean the literal Stone Age. I think that he (she? it?) meant, simply, a time long ago. After all, he says "2000+" which makes the time inexact.

Everybody who is anybody knows that the Stone Age is a fictional time developed as part of a scientific religion to pull distraught people from Christianity (and other religions) into mental political control of university scholars so that they can get their funding easier. It supposedly ended about 2000 years before God created the universe, some 6,000 years ago.

Smiley

Funny enough 6000 is a number not to be found in the Bible at all. 666 is  Wink
http://realtruth.org/articles/090203-006-science.html

When you read the Bible the word Eon is also present in it too.
http://www.saviourofall.org/Tracts/Eons2.html

Eon is a tiny bit more than 6000 years...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geologic_time_scale#Terminology

While the word "eon" is NOT found in the King James or New International translations of the Bible, some translations might have this word - https://www.biblegateway.com/.

The dictionary definition of the word "eon" might be usable in some areas of Bible translation, since there are several meanings for this word. It seems that the translators have avoided this word, instead using words that better describe what is meant by the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic. From http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/eon?s=t:
eon
[ee-uh n, ee-on]

noun
an indefinitely long period of time; age.
the largest division of geologic time, comprising two or more eras.
Astronomy. one billion years.

If anyone would like to see that the earth is almost exactly 6,000 years old (+/- less than 1%), Biblically, go here http://www.albatrus.org/english/theology/creation/biblical_age_earth.htm for a more detailed look at the quote, below:
Biblical Age of Earth

by  David V. Bassett, M.S.

Beginning with the archeological landmark event of the fall of Jerusalem (which has now been corrected to 588 B.C., instead of 586-587 B.C.) and counting backwards the prophesied number of years between this event and the division of Solomon's kingdom (390 yrs. + 40 yrs., according to Ezekiel 4:4-7), brings us to 1018 B.C.

From the end of Solomon's 40-year reign to the start of the Temple in the 4th year of his reign takes us back another 37 years to 1055 B.C.

From the start of Solomon's Temple "in the 480th year" (1 Kings 6:1) back to the Exodus from Egypt (hence 479 years previous) brings us to near 1534 B.C.

From the Exodus out of Egypt to Abraham's entering Canaan from Haran was exactly 430 years to the day (Gen 12:10/ Exodus 12:40/ Gal 3:17), thus around 1964 B.C.

Since Abraham entered Canaan at age 75 (Gen 12:4), he was born approximately 2039 B.C.

From Abraham's birth to Noah's grandson (Shem's son), Arpachshad's birth, 2 years after the Flood started, was 290 years (Gen 11:11-26), this places the onset of the Flood at around 2331 B.C. [definitely 4,300-4,400 years ago].

The genealogy of Genesis 5:3-32 precludes any gaps due to its tight chronological structure and gives us 1,656 years between Creation and the Flood, thus bringing Creation Week back to near 3987 B.C. or approximately 4000 B.C.

Therefore, the biblical age of the Earth (using Scripture itself as a guide) is 6,000 years !! Mankind did not evolve 4 million years ago on an Earth which is 4.5 billion years old in a universe which was "big-banged" into existence 18-20 billion years in the distant past. Jesus Christ, the Creator Incarnate, said He made mankind male and female in the beginning (Mark 10:6), and that when the heavens and the earth were commanded into being (Gen 1:1), they "stood up together" (Isa 48:13) not billions of years apart !!

Smiley

http://www.biblica.com/en-us/bible/bible-faqs/in-what-language-was-the-bible-first-written/

http://www.auburn.edu/~allenkc/eon1.html

We can certainly go back and forth for the next 2000 years. Or until bitcointalk.org's servers get destroyed by the Powers That Be....

But I am guilty of derailing somebody's thread, so I will stop right here.

Smiley

Activity: 728
Merit: 501
December 31, 2014, 06:42:49 AM
Africans settled in Europe hundreds of thousands of years ago.
legendary
December 31, 2014, 02:46:08 AM
This is not meant to be an offensive post, I am genuinely curious as to why Africa is so far behind the rest of the world.

The Roman Empire had running water, amenities, reliable shelter and clothing for its entire populace 2,000 years ago. 2,000 FRIGGIN YEARS AGO. They created art, sculptures, vast architecture using 2,000 YEAR OLD technology yet if you go to a random area in Africa, it is plagued by poverty, destitution and just overall squalor.

Why is Africa 2000+ years behind the rest of the world and what can be done to correct this??

2000 years ago when there was Roman Empire it was Ancient age and not Stone age.

I think oprahwindfury did not mean the literal Stone Age. I think that he (she? it?) meant, simply, a time long ago. After all, he says "2000+" which makes the time inexact.

Everybody who is anybody knows that the Stone Age is a fictional time developed as part of a scientific religion to pull distraught people from Christianity (and other religions) into mental political control of university scholars so that they can get their funding easier. It supposedly ended about 2000 years before God created the universe, some 6,000 years ago.

Smiley

While the word "eon" is NOT found in the King James or New International translations of the Bible, some translations might have this word - https://www.biblegateway.com/.

The dictionary definition of the word "eon" might be usable in some areas of Bible translation, since there are several meanings for this word. It seems that the translators have avoided this word, instead using words that better describe what is meant by the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic. From http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/eon?s=t:
eon
[ee-uh n, ee-on]

noun
an indefinitely long period of time; age.
the largest division of geologic time, comprising two or more eras.
Astronomy. one billion years.

If anyone would like to see that the earth is almost exactly 6,000 years old (+/- less than 1%), Biblically, go here http://www.albatrus.org/english/theology/creation/biblical_age_earth.htm for a more detailed look at the quote, below:
Biblical Age of Earth

by  David V. Bassett, M.S.

Beginning with the archeological landmark event of the fall of Jerusalem (which has now been corrected to 588 B.C., instead of 586-587 B.C.) and counting backwards the prophesied number of years between this event and the division of Solomon's kingdom (390 yrs. + 40 yrs., according to Ezekiel 4:4-7), brings us to 1018 B.C.

From the end of Solomon's 40-year reign to the start of the Temple in the 4th year of his reign takes us back another 37 years to 1055 B.C.

From the start of Solomon's Temple "in the 480th year" (1 Kings 6:1) back to the Exodus from Egypt (hence 479 years previous) brings us to near 1534 B.C.

From the Exodus out of Egypt to Abraham's entering Canaan from Haran was exactly 430 years to the day (Gen 12:10/ Exodus 12:40/ Gal 3:17), thus around 1964 B.C.

Since Abraham entered Canaan at age 75 (Gen 12:4), he was born approximately 2039 B.C.

From Abraham's birth to Noah's grandson (Shem's son), Arpachshad's birth, 2 years after the Flood started, was 290 years (Gen 11:11-26), this places the onset of the Flood at around 2331 B.C. [definitely 4,300-4,400 years ago].

The genealogy of Genesis 5:3-32 precludes any gaps due to its tight chronological structure and gives us 1,656 years between Creation and the Flood, thus bringing Creation Week back to near 3987 B.C. or approximately 4000 B.C.

Therefore, the biblical age of the Earth (using Scripture itself as a guide) is 6,000 years !! Mankind did not evolve 4 million years ago on an Earth which is 4.5 billion years old in a universe which was "big-banged" into existence 18-20 billion years in the distant past. Jesus Christ, the Creator Incarnate, said He made mankind male and female in the beginning (Mark 10:6), and that when the heavens and the earth were commanded into being (Gen 1:1), they "stood up together" (Isa 48:13) not billions of years apart !!

Smiley
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
December 30, 2014, 11:34:58 PM

Thank you for teaching me something new! Much appreciated!

Smiley

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 30, 2014, 10:12:26 PM

Thank you for teaching me something new! Much appreciated!
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
December 30, 2014, 09:58:07 PM

Smiley

legendary
December 30, 2014, 10:45:24 AM

Smiley
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
December 29, 2014, 06:54:29 PM

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
December 29, 2014, 09:27:11 AM
they made some step forward , but they are always slower than euro or america

they opened carrefour(big supermarket) in tunisia for example
legendary
December 29, 2014, 06:38:00 AM
Again, it is self-governance that we have right now. If the people in the formal governments make it hard enough on us, we will remove them one way or another. They know this. So, they are limiting themselves in the ways they are governing us. We don't remove them because we are led to believe that we like them enough so that we want to keep them.

What good would it do for them to destroy us outright? Then they would have nobody to work the fields for them. They want and need us. But to keep us, and keep us happy, they need to give us a semblance of freedom.

We are outsmarting all their tricks. We are seeing through their freedom ruse. We are waking up. To keep us asleep, they are giving us more freedom. But, how far can that go? Once you give the people the complete semblance of freedom, they are FREE. Government doesn't like that. They lose governance that way.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the people wake up all the way.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
December 28, 2014, 06:20:34 PM
Like I said, it is the argument of fascists, what's alarming is we regularly see this logic applied when there are people out there who will actually organise and vote for self-governance, nobody thinks twice about the language that these mainstream politicians are using.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
December 28, 2014, 06:13:23 PM
Fact is - you are unable to govern yourself

Those are the words of a fascist, fyi, I'm white and from the UK, people like you need to have a proper read up on history instead of blindly believing what priests, school teachers and politicians try to teach you. To me there is nothing more arrogant and patronising than somebody claiming that somebody else isn't allowed to self-govern or have their own opinions and therefore should be ruled over instead.

They cant because they are corrupt. And greedy. Not because they are unable to.
Example - South Africa. It was governed by P.W. Botha - a white man until the 1990s. Now it's most prosperous.
Not only - africans needed much less help back then. Now they are procreating like rabbits and someone else has to foot the bill.

rofl  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

let me help you google it

@lethn

that actually was a quote of hitler.
hitler and the nazis based their claim to power exactly on this, that the human being is unable of living in freedom and self governance.
Activity: 98
Software Engineering is not an easy Job.
December 28, 2014, 05:47:05 PM

Those are the words of a fascist, fyi, I'm white and from the UK, people like you need to have a proper read up on history instead of blindly believing what priests, school teachers and politicians try to teach you. To me there is nothing more arrogant and patronising than somebody claiming that somebody else isn't allowed to self-govern or have their own opinions and therefore should be ruled over instead.

They cant because they are corrupt. And greedy. Not because they are unable to.
Example - South Africa. It was governed by P.W. Botha - a white man until the 1990s. Now it's most prosperous.
Not only - africans needed much less help back then. Now they are procreating like rabbits and someone else has to foot the bill.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
December 28, 2014, 04:52:32 PM

Activity: 98
Software Engineering is not an easy Job.
December 28, 2014, 01:54:01 PM
In a modern society it's now because of their economics.

Lack of money = Lack of development.

They will eventually be where Europe is in say 50 years.

It's about mentality. Not money.
Activity: 502
Merit: 500
December 28, 2014, 12:46:34 PM
In a modern society it's now because of their economics.

Lack of money = Lack of development.

They will eventually be where Europe is in say 50 years.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 28, 2014, 12:11:16 PM
We may be on an even keel with regard to the things we said. How do we really know what truth is?

Indeed, I wrote unfalsifiable for both. But in the near-term, we have strong evidence for evolution as a reasonable approximation as I outlined with the example I provided upthread.

One thing, though. Outside of the unprovable God, my stuff makes complete sense. Yours is so full of "maybe this, or maybe that, or maybe not" that you might as well call it something like a big dream.

Unprovable fable versus scientific evidence supporting theories of near-term evolution as a reasonable approximation in the near-term from now (forward or reverse in time). The other technobabble I stated was arguing the orthogonal point that we can't falsify evolution from the start of creation of life forms and earth (and more so not since the start of the Universe), so I wasn't trying to argue for any provable case, instead I was arguing it can't be proven. When I see rabid propagandists such as Richard Dawkins masquerading as scientists arguing that evolution can be proven to have caused creation, I note they are as irrational (a.k.a. insane) as the other side arguing that Creationism has any falsifiable basis. We ought to just admit that we can't know.

I will not argue that faith can be disproven, i.e. the definition of faith is that it can't be proven nor disproven. The closest I've come to that is to reason that Christianity is an unattractive risk versus reward offer.

I do not disrespect anyone's belief system. I only share my logic but I can't disprove your belief system.
legendary
December 28, 2014, 12:01:13 PM
Evolution is not a theory. It has been proven wrong so many hundreds of times since its inception, that the only thing that keeps it in theory status is a bunch of people who are fighting against God by hoping that evolution might become a theory again. These people are hyping it so strongly that it seems to hold theory status.

All you need to do is read scientific papers, examining the evidence, not the conclusions of the authors. The evidences (which is often backed up by the authors' conclusions, though not always) show that there is no conclusive evidence for evolution that cannot be attributed at the same time to programmed-in changes do to climatic or environmental changes.

Peoples from climates with winters don't have narrower, more pointy noses to deal with the extremely cold air. Peoples from the hot tropic Savannas of Africa don't have more melanin in their skin to deal with the increased exposure to the sun's radiation.

Yeah evolution doesn't exist.

Define "evolution." The evolution I am talking about is a thing that supposedly took inanimate chemicals and turned them into the abundant life we see today. The fossil record shows that there were times in the past where life was way more abundant than it is today.

I would somewhat like scientists to develop a really plausible, working method whereby life could have potentially developed through evolution. The reason I would like this is that it would show how great God is... that He could develop us artificial intelligences that could actually formulate a way to evolve life into existence. Unfortunately, science hasn't done this yet.

Of course, this would only be a small starting point for proving evolution. Why? Because nobody can look into the past to see what happened. And there are still way too many unforeseeable variables that could have occurred over the millennia, to have even a clue whether life happened by evolution or not.

This is another point that defeats evolution as fact. The greater the time-span for evolution to develop into what we have today, the greater the chances that it would fail, simply because there would be more time for "failure" events to happen.

Now, if somebody invented a real, working time viewer...

Smiley

Proving creation versus evolution is as unfalsifiable as proving God exists, because there is no way to rebuild the past with such precision because for example, we have no way to prove that our data is omniscient (there are normally multiple realities, i.e. your and my recollection of history will never be entirely the same). Thus anyone who argues this is INSANE because entropy is unbounded in either direction in time (forward or reverse)[1]. What can't be falsified, can't be proved. End of discussion.

The scientific method is only an approximation of collective reality while it is experienced and updated in real-time. Collective reality diverges in spacetime (and other dimensions) from any sampling point, because a collective reality is unstable and transient, otherwise nothing could exist because there would be no degrees-of-freedom in the universe, i.e. the entropy would 0. Trying to go back to the start of the Universe is utter nonsense, because the entropy is unbounded, i.e. there is/was no start just as there is no edge to the Universe[2].

[1] I may be the first person to assert that. I dunno. And I need to write down some proofs when I get some free time. It follows logically from [2]
[2] http://unheresy.com/The%20Universe.html#Matter_as_a_continuum

Go back and look at the things you just said. Then compare them with what I said.

We may be on an even keel with regard to the things we said. How do we really know what truth is? One thing, though. Outside of the unprovable God, my stuff makes complete sense. Yours is so full of "maybe this, or maybe that, or maybe not" that you might as well call it something like a big dream.

Get back to reality.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
December 28, 2014, 06:18:44 AM

“When the Missionaries arrived, the Africans had the land and the Missionaries had the Bible. They taught how to pray with our eyes closed. When we opened them, they had the land and we had the Bible.”

― Jomo Kenyatta

Religion.

The oldest and the greatest way to narcotize and rob people since 300.000 B.C.E. African people were just too innocent for those reptilians.
Pages:
Jump to: