Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is bitcoin and crypto currency ALWAYS getting hacked?? - page 3. (Read 1757 times)

Activity: 527
Merit: 101
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
Unfortunately, to protect your personal information and in particular, investments from hackers is not so easy, because they are very smart guys who are engaged in theft. But we must do everything to keep our coins safe - choose good wallets, do not tell anyone personal data from their accounts, do not store coins on the exchanger and distribute them to different wallets.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
I think all the information that is on the Internet could potentially be hacked. But I also believe that if you properly store your information, investments, bitcoins and so on, then hackers are not afraid of you. I am very careful about storing my coins and in the few years of my investment I have never been hacked. And I hope that this will not happen, because I observe all safety rules.

Activity: 490
I still hold the opinion that the safety of your bitcoins depends on you. If you choose a reliable wallet, you will not trust anyone with your passwords and laptop, you can assume that your investment will be safe.
Activity: 336
Merit: 5
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
Electrum wallet just got done over with some type of phishing scam. As long as crypto exists there will always be scammers and hackers around. Especially when the newbies join in
Activity: 602
Bitcoin always hacked because its valueable and its untraceable. Hackers prefer hacking bitcoin than cash in bank account because its anonymous and they can sell it as fast they want.
Activity: 184
Because bitcoin is huge, it stores very big assets. It has potential to be hacked because it is not controlled by any entity, obviously there is no guarantee about each assets of bitcoin. The secure of bitcoin assets is on individual or every holder itself. 
Activity: 475
Merit: 1
Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain
the truth is anything online is prone to hacks. even hackers try to hack money in the back. it is normal for hackers to always try to hack peoples money to enrich themselves
Activity: 532
Merit: 15
Hacking is a problem to almost any field of IT, not only Crypto.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
Honestly, I do not understand why you can Hack Bitcoin. Can anybody help me?

No one can really hack Bitcoin itself, it someone can do it, it have must been hacked a long time ago now. There are a lot of talented and intelligent hackers all over the world that can do that but in the past 10 years, only one hack was made and it was quickly fixed and at that time Bitcoin is just a new released crypto currency. Bitcoin can't be hacked but wallets, exchanges and your private keys can be known and hacked so be careful about that.
Activity: 318
Because of some wrong giving a information to people you don't know or phishing site that hackers put it so they can hack personal data. Hacking is more risky in crypto because we know that its decentralize and many site or links are there to make your personal data get. Hackers is smarter and they do everything for the money.

That's correct too. Some people always not aware for their money such wasting and getting their account easy and accessable if they share info in their account.
Activity: 626
Because of some wrong giving a information to people you don't know or phishing site that hackers put it so they can hack personal data. Hacking is more risky in crypto because we know that its decentralize and many site or links are there to make your personal data get. Hackers is smarter and they do everything for the money.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
but it's actually not always, only a few moments where cryptocurrency hacking cases can potentially change crypto prices themselves
hacking cases in small amounts are not often published, nor can they affect the price of crypto
but the case of tens of millions of dollars like MtGox might be potentially very deep, and exchanger hacking cases don't occur every day
Activity: 420
www.coinxes.io
Internet is prome to hackers and will always be hacked. Moreover, wherever there's money, definitely it will hacked a millions time more. Moreso, what am just going to say is just that, one shouldn't just leave all one's coins in a exchange wallet but rather try and acquire a cold or hardware wallet for safety of this hackers.
Yes that is true, because the internet is freedom or it can be said is Anonymous. So internet users must always be careful if they use money to invest on the Internet, because Bitcoin is the Internet, so it is mandatory for users to make extra security for themselves when they are on the internet not to be hacked by hackers.
Internet is prome to hackers and will always be hacked. Moreover, wherever there's money, definitely it will hacked a millions time more. Moreso, what am just going to say is just that, one shouldn't just leave all one's coins in a exchange wallet but rather try and acquire a cold or hardware wallet for safety of this hackers.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
Anything that is valuable and happening on the Internet is vulnerable to hacking. It is not that hacking is not happening in other environment such as banking and so on but it is common with cryptocurrency because there is no regulation, so the hackers are mostly unknown and therefore often go unpunished.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Bitcoin itself cannot be hacked. maybe the web wallets.maybe because of greed, some users are being persuaded to download some program that promises to get more of the coins.
Activity: 233
Merit: 100
Though I still don't heard any news about hacking and it is not hack always but the main fact is it is run on Internet so, hackers can try to hack and may be some time they succeed.

Thats correct. Most are due to unsecured logging in of password or private keys using unsecured network. As always  advised, be sure to login in a secured site, click only with links having an official url. There are many phishing sites and link, be always extra careful when clicking it. Also, store your private keys in secured  place. Do not secure it online as possible,it might goes to wrong hands. Always have a backup. Store it in a folder with password for extra security if ever.
Activity: 12
I completely agree!  How can you store 1000 bitcoins and do not think about security!  It's like taking millions of dollars out onto the street and writing - do not touch anyone
Merit: 20
Donating 10% to charity
Only Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency?

That is certainly not the case. The problem with hackers is worldwide and between industries including all of them who handles digital information or tools in some way or another - Some get attacked through third party they contract to do certain things for them, delivery or things like that.

Blockchain is a lot more secure than regular internet for that matter and this is something that we need to have present everyday. Remember that the weakest link in any security system is in a lot of cases the human being.
Activity: 56
That's why lots of people go for paper wallets and don't store large amounts of crypto on exchanges, cuz 1 day when you wake up and check your BTC balance on a certain exchange you may see 1 big fat 0. Don't be surprised if this happens.
Pages:
Jump to: