Author

Topic: Why is gambling so addicting? - page 267. (Read 233197 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
May 12, 2016, 12:30:34 PM
i totally agree with the comment above. seriously thats what happened to me too. i lost over 2btc with that stupid happy small win and make me lose big time.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
May 12, 2016, 12:17:41 PM
The fact that you can win money by playing some games is enough for people to get addicted to eat. Money and playing that combination is not easy to avoid for some people.
I am not addicted to gambling but I can see why people are.

When people win when they don't expect that they will win, that makes them surprise and also they start feeling that they can win more and at that time addiction comes into play.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
May 12, 2016, 11:27:37 AM
The fact that you can win money by playing some games is enough for people to get addicted to eat. Money and playing that combination is not easy to avoid for some people.
I am not addicted to gambling but I can see why people are.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
May 12, 2016, 10:53:34 AM
Gambling give us chance to get a lot of money without doing any hard job and some people are making fortune with very small amount, that is the reason most of people think they can do this by doing gambling and can huge profit, i think that is main reason which make it attractive.
I think so many people think that gambling gives them ample opportunity to change their lives to become a rich man, and therefore they continue to gamble
You should always keep in mind that play gambling just for fun not for work, you will likely lose if your mindset is wrong.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
May 12, 2016, 10:46:03 AM
Gambling give us chance to get a lot of money without doing any hard job and some people are making fortune with very small amount, that is the reason most of people think they can do this by doing gambling and can huge profit, i think that is main reason which make it attractive.
I think so many people think that gambling gives them ample opportunity to change their lives to become a rich man, and therefore they continue to gamble
Activity: 686
May 12, 2016, 10:31:55 AM
Activity: 336
Bravity is beautiful.
May 12, 2016, 10:26:32 AM
Gambling is addicting because there are a lot of people that is thinking that they can earn a lot of money but that is not the case because you need to be lucky in gambling.
But that happens not that often because luck in gambling is quite rare and that is bad but they have to realize that it is bad to gamble.
Activity: 980
May 12, 2016, 09:34:28 AM
If you've studied psychology, you'll find that those who are susceptible to gambling are addicted the the high of winning tons of money. the worst gamblers have absolutely no control and will demand/steal/embezzle funds from other to feed their gambling addiction. Problem gambling has recently been reclassified as an addictions disorder, like crack or meth.

Well that is because both gambling addiction and drug addiction has the same effects on the people that has it, this particular situation will start on their mind and because they want to get an instant money on gambling they think they can really get it even if they have a lot of expenses already.
Gambling addiction is worse if being addict you always lost your money while on the other hand it is good if you are a gambling addict that wins unlimited amount of money.

Drugs will not do good for you because you cannot expect any return of your money unlike in gambling.

If you always win? but in my opinion gambling addiction will always be bad for you even if you win or lose, because you can never stop playing it even if you want to stop, you can never say that you will always win on gambling because it can not maybe it would work for other people but in some cases you will end up losing.
Activity: 686
May 12, 2016, 08:23:16 AM
I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?
Everything you do to get and earn money can make you addictive easily !
caution: gambling is always risky, only gamble with the money that you can afford to lose ! Shocked
Activity: 658
May 12, 2016, 08:09:15 AM
i feel dumb gambling but i always want extra money. i gues its all in the mind?
yeah all there in your own mind dude. You are suggestions of your own mind to continue gambling in hopes that you will get benefit greatly? and it continues until you can realize yourself that you've been in addiction :-/
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
May 12, 2016, 05:26:10 AM
if you think it's the stupid gamble, why do you want to earn more money from gambling? and other risks are already clearly proven to be detrimental to you, although not everyone experiences the loss of a gamble.
legendary
Activity: 1092
https://trueflip.io/
May 11, 2016, 10:01:59 PM
If you've studied psychology, you'll find that those who are susceptible to gambling are addicted the the high of winning tons of money. the worst gamblers have absolutely no control and will demand/steal/embezzle funds from other to feed their gambling addiction. Problem gambling has recently been reclassified as an addictions disorder, like crack or meth.

Well that is because both gambling addiction and drug addiction has the same effects on the people that has it, this particular situation will start on their mind and because they want to get an instant money on gambling they think they can really get it even if they have a lot of expenses already.
Gambling addiction is worse if being addict you always lost your money while on the other hand it is good if you are a gambling addict that wins unlimited amount of money.

Drugs will not do good for you because you cannot expect any return of your money unlike in gambling.
May 11, 2016, 10:33:39 AM

Activity: 448
May 11, 2016, 10:27:47 AM
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312
May 11, 2016, 10:16:23 AM
in gambling when you bet its win or loose, for luck its good luck and bad luck,

i must say that in some point right
but some new gamblers are trying hard to make fast money

for me gambling is something else i dont gamble big just for fun and more the excitement of game watching

You do not get the same feeling when you're betting with free credits or watching someone else play, trust me.

Your wealth isn't on the line, it's simply that.

It's like drugs. You want to get the thrill of gambling, even if you know that you might going to lose, just as you know that you might get killed by a drug overdose.

Yeah that is completely true. Same goes for trading stock on paper or demo trading.

Its easy to make millions when money isn't on the table, but when you trade with real money, it all of a sudden gets harder.
I think drug addiction is better than gambling ,gambling is worst one to be addicted because if you are addicted in gambling i think all people stay away from you because they dont want you to ask a loan..and if you are addicted at gambling you will lose all you had house money and also your family. unlike drugs.

IMO addiction is not good on everything, so addicted in drugs is not even better than addicted in gambling. Both can wreck your life sooner or later. You may lose everything you have in your life including your soul if you addicted to drugs.
legendary
Activity: 1050
May 11, 2016, 10:11:45 AM
That's part of it's nature I think, I don't know why but I think it's about excitement and the people liking that feeling
May 11, 2016, 09:03:14 AM

I think drug addiction is better than gambling ,gambling is worst one to be addicted because if you are addicted in gambling i think all people stay away from you because they dont want you to ask a loan..and if you are addicted at gambling you will lose all you had house money and also your family. unlike drugs.

Well I think it is not a different issue if your addicted to gambling or drugs because it is both addiction and both are dangerous for the health and for other people too, and both needs proper attention and medication that should have a prescription of a psychiatrist.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
May 11, 2016, 08:49:04 AM
in gambling when you bet its win or loose, for luck its good luck and bad luck,

i must say that in some point right
but some new gamblers are trying hard to make fast money

for me gambling is something else i dont gamble big just for fun and more the excitement of game watching

You do not get the same feeling when you're betting with free credits or watching someone else play, trust me.

Your wealth isn't on the line, it's simply that.

It's like drugs. You want to get the thrill of gambling, even if you know that you might going to lose, just as you know that you might get killed by a drug overdose.

Yeah that is completely true. Same goes for trading stock on paper or demo trading.

Its easy to make millions when money isn't on the table, but when you trade with real money, it all of a sudden gets harder.
May 11, 2016, 08:35:20 AM

Well I think when you say this words you just want an extra money but feeling an extra uneasy doing gambling because they might say that your addicted to it and you are just wasting your money on gambling and never want other people to know that you are playing a risky game!
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
May 11, 2016, 08:26:48 AM
Jump to: