Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is gambling so addicting? - page 67. (Read 233197 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
💰💰💰💰
June 04, 2017, 03:05:03 PM
because you can make a lot of money out of it

How come, if we are always losing? the only one's who are earning a large of profit in gambling is those people who are lucky on gambling every time. It is addicting because we are always losing, we are being provoke by that, that is why we are not quitting gambling.
It's not really just about luck, it's more about knowing when to stop and when to start again. and especially know how much to bet if you don't want to go bankrupt in few seconds.
Gambling is a double edged weapon, it can give you a lot but it can take everything away if you don't know how to handle it
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
June 04, 2017, 02:55:48 PM
I don't think gambling in itself is addicting but the attitude of the gamblers get them into the path of no return. You can choose to gamble and remain rigid with your stance concerning your bankroll and when to gamble and you'll be fine but others don't have any specific plans prior to engaging in gambling and so they end up losing because they don't know when to quit and how much to spend per day on gambling.

I do not think that it is on gambler alone.  There are factors that are in gambling that makes it addicting.  One of which is its ability to change the mood of a person.  The ability to give thrill and amusements.  The ability to make gamblers hook to the game and the ability to make gambler obsessed with the idea that can turn into an addiction.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
June 04, 2017, 02:50:01 PM
It's not just about winning a lot of money. It's more complicated. They lose money, they end up chasing their losses. When they get to recover their loss, they feel good. Also getting lucky and winning big makes them feel good. This "good feeling" is what that makes them addicted to gambling.
Yeah and its more on chasing the losses and the greediness to earn more money in gambling .If a player experience already to win a big jackpot he will be more have a confident to try his luck again and play .That good feeling is only good if you have but if not it will be replaced by a greediness if you not know how to control yourself.
I think gambling can be addictive because of its unpredictable nature, while human nature play a big role, I think the randomness of the game plays a role too, someone that plays some games and losses every time is probably going to be less tempted to keep playing than someone that had a positive experience in gambling at first and now it is trying to live it again.
Activity: 686
Merit: 253
June 04, 2017, 10:10:45 AM
I don't think gambling in itself is addicting but the attitude of the gamblers get them into the path of no return. You can choose to gamble and remain rigid with your stance concerning your bankroll and when to gamble and you'll be fine but others don't have any specific plans prior to engaging in gambling and so they end up losing because they don't know when to quit and how much to spend per day on gambling.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 04, 2017, 09:08:35 AM

How come, if we are always losing? the only one's who are earning a large of profit in gambling is those people who are lucky on gambling every time. It is addicting because we are always losing, we are being provoke by that, that is why we are not quitting gambling.
There are gamblers are not learning from their mistake and even they keep on losing they zeal in their minds, there will be the day that they'll become lucky and will win on it. And by making those gamblers think like that is why gambling is so very addicting. The chance to get better winning is the reason why we are resulting as an addicted gambler.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
June 04, 2017, 05:08:50 AM
I think the main problem why is gambling so addicting because gambling provide a way to make the gamblers rich in a second. That's why many people keep coming back and a new gambler also coming too.

Gambling provides a person with false hopes of getting rich quickly and living the life of a millionaire without having to work hard for it. Most people who come from a middle class will get the brains blocked by such thoughts and start to gamble. It will only lead to net loss than win but even then some of them will end up as addicts and they wont stop until they win the big wins of the house.
Activity: 290
Merit: 100
June 03, 2017, 01:36:17 PM

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
June 03, 2017, 11:13:29 AM
It's not just about winning a lot of money. It's more complicated. They lose money, they end up chasing their losses. When they get to recover their loss, they feel good. Also getting lucky and winning big makes them feel good. This "good feeling" is what that makes them addicted to gambling.
Yeah and its more on chasing the losses and the greediness to earn more money in gambling .If a player experience already to win a big jackpot he will be more have a confident to try his luck again and play .That good feeling is only good if you have but if not it will be replaced by a greediness if you not know how to control yourself.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 571
June 03, 2017, 11:02:08 AM

Indeed, that is why most of the people who have tried gambling have gone addicted on it, the losses that they are having everyday is the one keeping them on the gambling world, believing that they could make a lot of money on it, but the truth is they can't, because they are going to lose most of the time especially when the odds is not on their favor.

Gambling is a very risky game, that is why it is addicting, we are getting challenged by the house, which is the reason why we are getting hype out and gamble more of our money, trust me, the only people who are getting benefited on gambling is those who are lucky on this thing.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
June 03, 2017, 07:11:42 AM
I think the main problem why is gambling so addicting because gambling provide a way to make the gamblers rich in a second. That's why many people keep coming back and a new gambler also coming too.

Everything that involved money should be addictive. Most people want to be rich and thats what drive alot of people to try it. Almost everyone that try it for the first time will end up losing everything and will bring more money to wager. Thats how things become addictive to everyone when they try it the first time
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
June 03, 2017, 06:20:40 AM
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
June 03, 2017, 06:10:48 AM
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
June 03, 2017, 06:06:48 AM
But many people also feel addicted when they lose, in their minds that they will win the next game. So, win or lose in my opinion will both cause addiction. Such as his slogan that gambling is a high risk game because it can make us addicted under any circumstances.

No one is getting excited when they lose, the correct word for this is getting tensed. When you lose there will be a tensed feeling that made you want to try again. The feeling of not losing to anything is actually what made this thing happened, afterall it is in our nature and we could only control it so that it wont really get into our nerves
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
June 03, 2017, 06:04:28 AM
I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

Gambling is so addicting because once you win, you want to win more and more while once you lose, you want to get back what you have lost.  People want to win more because it's human nature.  Being contented is hard when you feel your so lucky so they continue to gamble until they lost all the money they bring.  And when people lose from gambling, feeling of emptiness and being stupid will conquer them and nobody wants that feeling so they will do everything to get back what they have lost until they will forget who really they are, their priorities in life, and their health conditions and gambling become their priority.
But many people also feel addicted when they lose, in their minds that they will win the next game. So, win or lose in my opinion will both cause addiction. Such as his slogan that gambling is a high risk game because it can make us addicted under any circumstances.
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
June 03, 2017, 05:55:49 AM
I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

Gambling is so addicting because once you win, you want to win more and more while once you lose, you want to get back what you have lost.  People want to win more because it's human nature.  Being contented is hard when you feel your so lucky so they continue to gamble until they lost all the money they bring.  And when people lose from gambling, feeling of emptiness and being stupid will conquer them and nobody wants that feeling so they will do everything to get back what they have lost until they will forget who really they are, their priorities in life, and their health conditions and gambling become their priority.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
June 03, 2017, 04:08:54 AM
There are many factors why people become addicted to gambling one of them is influence of friendship and this happens a lot, people who has a friend hobby gamble, then gradually he will also plunge to try to play, and likely will be a gambler who addicted.

I think they are just satisfied when they are winning and dont noticed the fact that they are losing. we all know that we are satisfied when we win on something and thats why they are addicted to gambling.
That feeling of satisfaction is the main reason why people like to gamble. The whole gambling for money is kind of weird in the average person’s view plus I have a feeling that they already know that already since going all in inside of a bet is a really funny method to losing a bunch of money if things go wrong.

Well people who value the cost of hard work would not really agree since people have to work hard to earn money. However brats who have a huge fortune to waste can agree to it. Even if you have a huge inheritance property you should save it and start earnings through better methods and not gamble your money away. Since what can happen to someone in future, no one knows for sure.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
June 02, 2017, 08:41:57 PM
There are many factors why people become addicted to gambling one of them is influence of friendship and this happens a lot, people who has a friend hobby gamble, then gradually he will also plunge to try to play, and likely will be a gambler who addicted.

I think they are just satisfied when they are winning and dont noticed the fact that they are losing. we all know that we are satisfied when we win on something and thats why they are addicted to gambling.
That feeling of satisfaction is the main reason why people like to gamble. The whole gambling for money is kind of weird in the average person’s view plus I have a feeling that they already know that already since going all in inside of a bet is a really funny method to losing a bunch of money if things go wrong.

Unrelenting satisfaction is also one of the reasons why gambling is so addictive. Many people have been corrupted by gambling, but they still play it, it happens because they feel that gambling is a game that really makes people curious
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
June 02, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
Winning money through gambling gives us a huge dopamine response (reward system that feels great).  Once that fades, we would naturally want to have that feeling again by winning.  Some people are better at managing this with logic and rationale or even fear, but others are dopamine fiends and need to continue to play.
I completely agree with your opinion , people did not realize about this situation directly.
But by keep chasing the lost you have , and desire to win more and more money it is shows how get hooked you are.
Be logic sometimes not guarantee you anything to control yourself to not get addicted

Yeah treating gambling as a source of income, where you "need" to end on top...I think that's where it starts to get dangerous.

If you go in with money that is acceptable to lose, and understand the odds are against you, but you just might luck out, then it's fine.  This goes for games where you're playing against the house.  For playing poker against other people, then it depends on your ability to play relative to your peers.

Logic would keep you from being addicted, which is more of an impulsive/emotional response.
Yeaaa sometimes you really need to completely understand about how the odds always against you to avoid confusing and some curious feeling too keep trying and choose on that trap odds right?
But still as at the first place basically gambling itself contains something addictive then you should be careful that more than 50% you will get addicted in the end.

Yeah I do find that people that do enjoy gambling often (that are not professional), don't have a good understanding of how odds work, or what the odds are for games that they do play.  It would be more based on intuition, luck, or superstition.

I remember enjoying Finite in high school, mainly because a lot of the course was focused on probability, and many examples would be based on card or table games, to calculate odds.

Gambling does seem to fill a void for some.  Those with a fulfilling life are more likely to resist falling into the trap...but when you don't have a lot going for you, it may seem like a way to acquire wealth.  Undecided
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 02, 2017, 03:46:17 PM

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
June 02, 2017, 01:30:59 AM
Winning money through gambling gives us a huge dopamine response (reward system that feels great).  Once that fades, we would naturally want to have that feeling again by winning.  Some people are better at managing this with logic and rationale or even fear, but others are dopamine fiends and need to continue to play.
I completely agree with your opinion , people did not realize about this situation directly.
But by keep chasing the lost you have , and desire to win more and more money it is shows how get hooked you are.
Be logic sometimes not guarantee you anything to control yourself to not get addicted

Yeah treating gambling as a source of income, where you "need" to end on top...I think that's where it starts to get dangerous.

If you go in with money that is acceptable to lose, and understand the odds are against you, but you just might luck out, then it's fine.  This goes for games where you're playing against the house.  For playing poker against other people, then it depends on your ability to play relative to your peers.

Logic would keep you from being addicted, which is more of an impulsive/emotional response.
Yeaaa sometimes you really need to completely understand about how the odds always against you to avoid confusing and some curious feeling too keep trying and choose on that trap odds right?
But still as at the first place basically gambling itself contains something addictive then you should be careful that more than 50% you will get addicted in the end.
Pages:
Jump to: