Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is ICO period long? - page 31. (Read 2314 times)

Activity: 477
Merit: 102
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
May 08, 2018, 03:31:05 PM
This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.
To understand why such a difference in the timing you need to look at the roadmaps of the projects. They are completely different. Some projects collect money to start work later, some projects collect money in stages and perform work in stages.
Activity: 159
Merit: 0
May 08, 2018, 03:12:48 PM
This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

to me the only thing i see's there is that some ICO take time to reached there hard cap because of the project arrangement or the team, other is thing there is wen ICO took more time this simply means that they have not reached there hardcap and it will take time for them to reached the hardcap including preparation to be listed in coinmarketcap. so to me this are little things i just find out that makes project took longer time before ICO ends.
Activity: 112
May 08, 2018, 03:05:50 PM
ICO period are long because of all the preparations they need to make before entering the market. They also need time to collect more fund for the project to be successful. About the rewards, I think the longer the ico, the less reward we can get because many participant will join.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
May 08, 2018, 02:59:27 PM
ICO period last longer because the Dev Team want to reach their hard cap, which will enable them execute their project as a result of this they set a long time to achieve it. But the truth is that many good projects always hit their hard cap before the time: example is TRAXIA which ICO is schedule to end June 2  2018. announce that the ICO will end today may 8 2018 due to recent spike in contribution.
Activity: 560
Merit: 111
May 08, 2018, 02:45:37 PM
Why is ICO period long?
Because is scam:

Activity: 1134
Merit: 10
May 08, 2018, 02:44:38 PM
a good question for a bounty hunter, I think the longer the project gets more tokens, and the better the exchange rates, my experience in credit projects (CS), I follow for 21 weeks, I get a lot of tokens and the price is very good.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
May 08, 2018, 02:39:33 PM
indeed very many ico each have different durations to reach the hardcap .. for a long time or briefly it will not affect the rewards that we will be able but we have a chance maybe about 80% token price of the project will be expensive when entering the market
Activity: 446
Merit: 12
BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO
May 08, 2018, 02:29:53 PM
it's because spreading the word is not as easy as people say, the ICO period is like we need to find investors, and of course investors want to know whether the ICO is feasible or not. therefore the ICO whose product is really good and a good enough marketing strategy may be shorten the time.
Activity: 115
May 08, 2018, 02:28:56 PM
No, the timing of the ICO does not affect the integrity of the project. Can spend ICO 2 weeks, collect a minimum and develop your product, but can collect money half a year, and collect a large amount - and then run away
Activity: 21
May 08, 2018, 02:27:49 PM
Raising funds takes time obviously
Activity: 205
May 08, 2018, 02:16:45 PM
Depends on the ICO. 

I know in our case we found a lot of the online directories had either wrong or outdated information and we wanted to give ourselves enough lead time to make sure things had time to correct.  These changes don't happen overnight.

It also takes time to pull a Board of Advisors.

I think we need to get away from this instant gratification and take a longer slower approach anyway.  Warren Buffet didn't get rich overnight.  It was slow and steady.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/924/83FoS8.jpg
Activity: 476
Merit: 104
Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur
May 05, 2018, 04:58:17 AM
It usually depends on the project development readiness and timeline of a particular ICO and the level of preparedness of the team behind it. Also it could be as a result of the ICO target caps set for the project and the team feels that longer time is necessary to create awareness and attract enough participants to be able to reach the cap.
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
May 04, 2018, 11:49:50 PM
I think for some ICO that took that very long probably it ensures that they can gather more investors to invest on it. Another thing, bounty hunters using their avatars could promote more to the community such that it could encourage more participants to invest on such ICO. And usually for bounty rewards, most of the common payout took a month after the bounty campaign period.
Activity: 140
May 04, 2018, 11:44:34 PM
I think recently they have delayed them because during market downturns the amount raised drops significantly. Many projects are waiting for the mood to improve.
Activity: 532
May 04, 2018, 11:43:27 PM
6 to 7 months is too long a time. but the longer the ICO is certainly with the intention of ICO targets set will be achieved. In addition, for those who follow a bounty also has bigger results.
Activity: 210
May 04, 2018, 11:33:14 PM
Most of the time, the time of the ICO is not proportional to the rate of return.
More often, because people lose patience, people will seek to sell them faster.
Activity: 182
May 04, 2018, 11:20:53 PM
the old ICO time of course there are many things that influence it. the most likely is, the need for preparation to run the project. of course a good ICO project is not a hurry project, but it should be full of careful preparation. and anything else could be affected by the slow sales. or it could be because of the others.
Activity: 140
May 04, 2018, 11:11:36 PM
It happens that the period of the ICO is imposed on the overall long-term price decline for the crypto currency, which led to the scaring away of potential investors from investing their funds in the crypto currency, as it turned out at the ICO of the TOKENGO project, and therefore the project team had to extend the term for a month, to raise funds needed for implementation tasks.
Activity: 322
Merit: 15
May 04, 2018, 10:59:36 PM
There are things to consider that's why ICO projects are taking a lot of time:

1 Building a Stronger Project than anybody else.
2 Time allotted is for investors to take part of the project.
3 Bounty Hunters spreading the name of the project
4 Developers distinguishing if the project will be successful or not.
Activity: 381
Merit: 100
May 04, 2018, 10:44:21 PM
For bounty hunter i think with nowadays strategy that ico use for longtime ico are give bounty hunter less hope for their rewards because it will gave a little rewards since long period of bounty equal to participants that following the bounty. I think the true problems are needed to limiting the participants so the rewards are delightful.
Pages:
Jump to: