Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is ICO period long? - page 35. (Read 2314 times)

Activity: 333
Merit: 100
May 04, 2018, 02:11:26 AM
This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

They need more funds and more investor to pursue their project that they created,Especially if they have soft cap and hard cap they need to target those to become successful the initial coin offering.We talked about millions here,Marketing, Development are all factor that the ICO runs longer beyond its deployment.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
May 04, 2018, 02:07:46 AM
They might be accumulating small of money during ico so they extend it or some crowdfunding gets postponed or paused because of the market situation or change in plans or any other reason.
Activity: 322
Merit: 113
May 04, 2018, 02:02:40 AM
ICOs needs advertisement and the longer it run more people will know and more investor will come. less time to advertise less people will know. i even see some ICOs after a months it is finish it offer bounty reward to promote their project because only few people know about this project. ICOs reward bounty campaign 1% or 2% or more of total sales divide to how many campaign there are like signature, facebook twitter etc. and the more tokes is sold the more shares you will get depending on your rank. the more people to know about the ICOs the more it is good to it.

That is true. The longer it runs, the more people will get to know about the project. And it will have a higher chance of selling more tokens. But for some project, you need to wait for ICO ends to get your tokens. If it is scam project, it will be a waste of time.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
May 04, 2018, 02:00:36 AM
ICOs needs advertisement and the longer it run more people will know and more investor will come. less time to advertise less people will know. i even see some ICOs after a months it is finish it offer bounty reward to promote their project because only few people know about this project. ICOs reward bounty campaign 1% or 2% or more of total sales divide to how many campaign there are like signature, facebook twitter etc. and the more tokes is sold the more shares you will get depending on your rank. the more people to know about the ICOs the more it is good to it.
Activity: 287
Merit: 102
May 04, 2018, 02:00:32 AM
Most ICOs take a long time, but not all of them.
Besides of that it is argued by the competition between different projects.
That's why the duration of ICO is not so significant. Pay attention on updates of the current project.
Activity: 350
Merit: 41
May 04, 2018, 01:57:56 AM
If the length of the ICO is stated clearly at the beginning, then there is no real difference. The issue comes, both for investors and bounty hunters, when the dates get extended during the ICO. This is rarely a good sign, as it most likely means that they are not raising as much funds as they antcipated (whatever the excuse that the ICO manager themselves give). It is frustrating as an investor when you have invested early because of the bonuses on offer, and then the same (or even better bonuses) are offered during the latter stages. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do, and the bottom line is that you want the project to be successful, otherwise your investment is likely to lose value. I would rather a project extended it's ICO and managed to hit their targets, than finish on time and struggle to deliver on their vision.
Activity: 833
Merit: 267
May 04, 2018, 01:54:40 AM
There is no way, because the bounty thread is just a channel for promotion.
Then, when they end the ICO crowd funding, they will consider distributing the bounty.

Yes indeed it's only at the end of ICO they will distribute the tokens or sometimes when they meet hard cap and there is a lot which happens at the back end hence that's the reason it takes long time for ICO.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
May 04, 2018, 01:50:13 AM
I guess they want to attract more investors. The more longer the ICO is, the higher possibility of more investors knowing about the project and investing in it. But in as much as the project is being extended to attract more investors,  many projects, developers use it as a means to extract more money from investors, claiming it's for the project own good.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
homt.net
May 04, 2018, 01:48:36 AM
This is a question I ask myself all the time that why do so many ICOs usually take so long period of time before they are  finally over. Some ICOs could go for long period of time as long as 6 months and 7 months thereabout. Does it mean the longer the period of ICO the better the rewards? Does that long period of time really mean I will have better profits either as a bounty hunter or an investor? I need some clarification and probably some  advise as a newbie to ICO bounty.

From my experience in the bounty hunting business period has nothing much to do with quality reward because rewards payments are quoted in the terms of the bounty campaign. You will know what you are going to get before you start the campaign, It's nothing to with the period. Infact many longer period bounties had paid shit than short period bounties.
TWW
Activity: 1456
Merit: 109
May 04, 2018, 01:45:37 AM
the reason why they extending their ico date because they dont have any confidence that their ico would not reach hardcap or even softcap...actually most ico just runs 3-4 months and if i find til 6-7 months i will surely avoiding it because it must be very tiring for bounty hunters
copper member
Activity: 322
Merit: 8
May 04, 2018, 01:40:33 AM
I believe it is not all icos that take so long. I remember arcblock was an ico that sold out within thirty minutes. It all depends on the demand for the ico by investors. They alone will determine how long an ico will last. All icos have caps to the supply of their tokens. So investors can buy it all before the expected date of the ico ending. What matters is the demand for the tokens.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
May 04, 2018, 01:39:43 AM
There is no way, because the bounty thread is just a channel for promotion.
Then, when they end the ICO crowd funding, they will consider distributing the bounty.
Activity: 994
Merit: 106
Official Street Team member
May 04, 2018, 01:34:45 AM
there are ICOs that have a fast time and some are very long to come to an end, and there are several reasons why the ICO goes so long
  • dev wants to prepare the project as soon as possible, so they need very long preparation
  • ICO did not get good funding, so dev decided to extend ICO time
Activity: 266
Merit: 11
May 04, 2018, 01:33:53 AM
Hi there, if ICO period is long - project is probably getting much lesser attention. There could be a lot of reasons, but for me the projects without public sale are the best - they are just too cool and everybody knows it... Long public sale = not intrested by the crowd... But probably sometimes we miss some hidden gems...
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
May 04, 2018, 01:22:42 AM
Some of the marketing teams thought that the longer the ads will be better for the ico, and I think it need some time for the investors to familiarize with the product, and sometime the team aim for a higher cap so they make the ico period longer, for me it really doesn't matter with the period of the ico, it's the quality of the ico that matters
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
BLOCKCHAIN BASED REIT
May 04, 2018, 12:16:30 AM
usually ico long ends because the sale is not good, but there are some ico that very quickly end because good sale and reach hardcap.
this is where the role of bounty hunter to introduce ico to the world, so people interested and invest in the ico
Activity: 165
Merit: 0
May 04, 2018, 12:14:04 AM

The length of the ico period is not a determinant of many and least prizes. I think that affects the rewards for bounty hunters is the token sales achievement and the number of participants who follow the bounty. Many ico projects allocate tokens based on token sales percentages. So the higher the token sales of an ico project, the greater the chance of getting a lot of rewards. There are also ico projects that have determined the allocation of prizes with a certain amount.
Activity: 616
Merit: 13
May 03, 2018, 11:56:01 PM

Being 6 months long is an indicator that only few investors are willing to put in their money on that coin/token. It is way too long. And it is a bad thing for bouty hunters because there is a big amount of time to new people joining the bounty campaign therefore the reward for you will be smaller and smaller overtime. The shorter the campaign the better.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
May 03, 2018, 11:54:34 PM

Its because most ICO has a target. Usually its called soft cap and hard cap. That's why sometimes it took so long for ICO so complete because they needed to reach at least the soft cap.

Yes, you are correct, I have seen ICO latest for 6 months. And I have seen bounty hunters rewarded handsomely because they stick to the campaign from beginning up to the last day. As a investors of course you can make a lot of profit but you need capital, as compare to bounty hunters, no capital needed, you just need to follow what the bounty managers sets in and you are good to go.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
May 03, 2018, 11:47:49 PM

Some ICO aiming for long period most probably they are unable to reach their soft cap or hard cap before they are able to launch their ICO, To bounty hunters the longer period for an ICO means that they need to fork out more effort to get the same amount of coins if the period is shorter plus new hunters might join in to get part of the pie.
Pages:
Jump to: