Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is the world economy is sliding down? And how bitcoin may help it? - page 11. (Read 1082 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250
Why is the world economy is sliding down, a bit reminder to  2008 when the world economy is in freefall, The shock waves from the collapse of Lehman Brothers maybe on of the main factors.. The economic indicators - trade, industrial production, unemployment - are comparable to the early stages of the Great Depression in the early 1930s.
My point is, how bitcoin could take place to helps the Economics rise again or it would be an additional threat to economy stabilty ??

the world economy is sliding down because macro economy grows much bigger than micro economy that causes trade flow of goods is stagnant then goods become more expensive in the market.
Bitcoin can take place to help for this situation by growing investment and providing more employments. bitcoin has brought many millionaires into the world who can invest and create more job vacancies.
Activity: 278
Merit: 1
if the millionaires made from bitcoin invest in factories that provide job to people rather than buying lambo than somehow economy will find a new blood as money in circulation and will adopt a trend to rise.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 106
Available for rent
I do not see bitcoin helping the world economy but rather it can help an individual economy. Obviously, every country will not legalise bitcoin but the individual economy that adopts bitcoin can push in a huge investment when bitcoin is down to get some accruing profit from investment when price go up.  By such profit, the individual country can better her nation and her people by providing more social amenities, building projects, factories and employment.

Countries can also benefit in a number of ways:

1) If the citizens of a country are making good money with their bitcoin investments, they will also pay more tax to the government. This will result in increased overall revenue for that country.

2) If more people become self dependent by investing in bitcoins, it reduces the work load of government. If these people do not earn anything, government has to spend huge amount of money as compensation package for these people.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
Why is the world economy is sliding down, a bit reminder to  2008 when the world economy is in freefall, The shock waves from the collapse of Lehman Brothers maybe on of the main factors.. The economic indicators - trade, industrial production, unemployment - are comparable to the early stages of the Great Depression in the early 1930s.

Government debt and over-leveraged central banks are the biggest systemic threat. People like to point to commercial/investment banks because of 2008, but now they are far better capitalized. But over the same period, government debt has risen something like 30-40%.

I'll admit, the trade war rhetoric has me worried. It's been said before that real wars are preceded by trade wars. In the the 1930s, trade collapsed among nations. I don't think it's a coincidence that militarism and fascism thrived in this context, leading inevitably to WWII.

My point is, how bitcoin could take place to helps the Economics rise again or it would be an additional threat to economy stabilty ??

There can be job creation around Bitcoin and blockchain technology. As adoption continues, legacy services and pioneers alike will need to build and maintain crypto-interfacing applications. But this may not represent actual economic growth. We may find that companies like Robinhood, Square, Coinbase and others cannibalize the old guard entirely.

On a macroeconomic level, Bitcoin probably means a great redistribution of wealth from one group to another, more than anything else. It's not productive, just speculative. Undecided
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
I will place my wager on Blockchain technology as the one that may revolutionize the World Economy and not bitcoin. Even the conclusion of the G20 meeting was that countries should engage with blockchain technologies and harness the tremendous opportunities blockchain offers.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 332
I do not see bitcoin helping the world economy but rather it can help an individual economy. Obviously, every country will not legalise bitcoin but the individual economy that adopts bitcoin can push in a huge investment when bitcoin is down to get some accruing profit from investment when price go up.  By such profit, the individual country can better her nation and her people by providing more social amenities, building projects, factories and employment.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
Why is the world economy is sliding down, a bit reminder to  2008 when the world economy is in freefall, The shock waves from the collapse of Lehman Brothers maybe on of the main factors.. The economic indicators - trade, industrial production, unemployment - are comparable to the early stages of the Great Depression in the early 1930s.
Pages:
Jump to: