Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is the world economy is sliding down? And how bitcoin may help it? - page 7. (Read 1082 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
Well, the chances that bitcoin completely replaces fiat are low, however the time will come that for some people, probably people like us, bitcoin will be able to replace fiat to some point even to the point that will never have to use fiat again, and that is powerful, because bitcoin has the real potential of becoming a currency accepted all over the world.
And the chances that when we get to see the world economy crumbling, people will tend to see bitcoin as a safe haven eventually is high which explains what is going on in Zimbabwe and Venezuela. The potential is huge and the fact that it is decentralized makes it even more enticing.

Yeah, I would not say it is going to be replacing fiat as governments would not allow that, but at least, for those who are smart enough, they will understand how bitcoin is really going to be helping in a huge way.
Activity: 137
Merit: 0
World Economy slide down because there is a scarce resources to the unlimited wants of the people. The government can't solve the continuous growth of the population and in result, the world economy is suffering from scarcity.
Bitcoin can help the people in terms of financial stability but it can't solve the poverty throughout the world.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
I do not see bitcoin helping the world economy but rather it can help an individual economy. Obviously, every country will not legalise bitcoin but the individual economy that adopts bitcoin can push in a huge investment when bitcoin is down to get some accruing profit from investment when price go up.  By such profit, the individual country can better her nation and her people by providing more social amenities, building projects, factories and employment.

Countries can also benefit in a number of ways:

1) If the citizens of a country are making good money with their bitcoin investments, they will also pay more tax to the government. This will result in increased overall revenue for that country.

2) If more people become self dependent by investing in bitcoins, it reduces the work load of government. If these people do not earn anything, government has to spend huge amount of money as compensation package for these people.
But were talkin world economy here,and as we all know that only few countries had putted tax on their people that using cryptocurrency..more country are still had nothing to imply about this.

The best thing crypto can give to help world economy is the works or jobs it can offer so this may lessen the unemployment and if the employment increases the economy will stabilized
Activity: 83
Why is the world economy is sliding down, a bit reminder to  2008 when the world economy is in freefall, The shock waves from the collapse of Lehman Brothers maybe on of the main factors.. The economic indicators - trade, industrial production, unemployment - are comparable to the early stages of the Great Depression in the early 1930s.
My point is, how bitcoin could take place to helps the Economics rise again or it would be an additional threat to economy stabilty ??

I do not think that bitcoin investment should be considered as an alternative to job. Any unemployed person should focus on getting a real job instead of these temporary solutions.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
If we try to view the situation of bitcoin towards the balance of economic contributions, bitcoin has already a huge contributions of economic growth because of the people who earn from bitcoin business, we cannot see on how bitcoin paying taxes to the government, but with the instrument of the living people who earn money from bitcoin, the economic situation would benifit also on the peoples money which earn from bitcoin. And I'm hoping, that by way of bitcoin business, our economic world, would strongly grows forward.

Agree. In the situation that world economy sliding down, bitcoin business may in great helps for economic growth because people who are users of bitcoin getting growing and growing worldwide and investment through the use of bitcoin is in widespread throughout their communities. They really get huge income through their great knowledge of bitcoin investment. In this situation it might be that investors in each countries are the people who are successful of cryptocurrency business and doing their investment that potentially contribute good economic results to their country that will help growth back strongly.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
bitcoin won't do any help. you see rich becomes richer and poor becomes poorer. government should be the first to help their people but many of them receive help. greed for money wanting to earn millions or billions and this result to some officials being corrupt. well if only billionaire can share some of their money that just sit there idly.

“The billionaire boom is not a sign of a thriving economy but a symptom of a failing economic system,” said Winnie Byanyima, executive director of Oxfam International. “The people who make our clothes, assemble our phones and grow our food are being exploited.”

http://time.com/money/5112462/billionaires-made-so-much-money-last-year-they-could-end-extreme-poverty-seven-times/
Activity: 2898
Merit: 639
Interesting question, well I don't know exactly is bitcoin possible help the worlds economy. because bitcoin itself is more liks to the advantage of individual, unless maybe in any country have a large bitcoin investors and with large amounts as well could help the country at least to create work field from the result of bitcoin or they can cooperate with the government in those country to solve the economy.
Yeah, it is simply more like restricted to individual usage but in a way if it is adopted on a large scale, in this case, let me just say country as global economy is pretty large, then I would say it can have an effect. Let's take a look at Zimbabwe where everything has been turned upside down due to corruption, the currency became a joke and it got to the point the citizens are just trapped within their own system.

Although, bitcoin came to save the world for them, and this is the main reason why the adoption here is growing hugely and people get to use it in real life, most especially for international transaction which has made the demand shoot up the price even more than the global market.
Activity: 304
Economy for your country might be falling down but my country definitely is among the fastest growing economies of the world. Unless a war starts, I don't see the world economy falling down. Bitcoin is definitely the future of this world and over the time when the adoption increases, we would be able to see how it benefits the economy. As of now, the early adopters are definitely getting richer.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Interesting question, well I don't know exactly is bitcoin possible help the worlds economy. because bitcoin itself is more liks to the advantage of individual, unless maybe in any country have a large bitcoin investors and with large amounts as well could help the country at least to create work field from the result of bitcoin or they can cooperate with the government in those country to solve the economy.

Well if bitcoin can help individual financially, then he/she will have purchasing power in which he can spend it all in his native country stirring the economy. Right now there are a lot of jobs related to blockchain development opening doors as well for countries who have a good IT industry. Another good case study is remittances, most Asian countries have a lot of workers oversees, and remittances is one factor that is driving growth in those nations. And with crypto currencies more convenient and secure and fast to transfer compared to traditional wire transfer, it makes sense for them to used it because its less costly as well and the funds are easily transferred back home resulting to their love one spending it on their economy.
Activity: 532
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
I think that there is no way for bitcoin to help the world economy from sliding down because if bitcoin can help an economy to improve then a lot of countries are already adopting and accepting bitcoin because it is a short cut for them to improve their economy but until now there is no country that fully maximize bitcoin and prove that it can help a sliding economy.
Activity: 702
Merit: 255
Why is the world economy is sliding down, a bit reminder to  2008 when the world economy is in freefall, The shock waves from the collapse of Lehman Brothers maybe on of the main factors.. The economic indicators - trade, industrial production, unemployment - are comparable to the early stages of the Great Depression in the early 1930s.
My point is, how bitcoin could take place to helps the Economics rise again or it would be an additional threat to economy stabilty ??
If the economy begins to collapse, from an overabundance of printed dollars and a huge US debt, then no crypto currency and technology blockchain here will not help. Bitcoin and blockchain can ease the course of the economy, but only the government and the people can get it out of the abyss.
Activity: 5
The world economy is declining because of less than optimal human resources.
Reduced natural resources also affect the decline of the world economy.
Bitcoin can help improve the world economy by expanding the economy by mining it.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
Just read the newspaper today.. and again our government has release a warning.. they said "It is dangerous to invest in Bitcoin"
screw them..
Of course they're going to say that, what do you expect? Do you think they are going to accept that bitcoin is a better currency and that people should adopt it and stop using their fiat? They are doing the best they can to slow down bitcoin until they can think of a way to destroy it but there is a terrible news for them they will never be able to destroy it so the adoption of bitcoin by the general public is almost inevitable.
What I believe is that government might feel insecure for Bitcoin has the ability to alter the exchange rate of a country which is alarming because a country will never desire to lose control of its instrument via which it can control the appreciation and depreciation of its currency. Moreover, Bitcoin would never be able to replace the fiat. It has the dominancy in the virtual world but fiat is the king of the real world.
Well, the chances that bitcoin completely replaces fiat are low, however the time will come that for some people, probably people like us, bitcoin will be able to replace fiat to some point even to the point that will never have to use fiat again, and that is powerful, because bitcoin has the real potential of becoming a currency accepted all over the world.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
In order for bitcoins to help the world economy, it is essential for everyone to help in the trade of goods. I think the economy is going down because people are getting greedy. There are big people who is taking control of supply that will probably put prices up. people are into buying cheap goods and yet to accomplish these, we have to sacrifice quality. Most importantly, innovation has become less and less appealing because it all became just about the money.
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
I don’t think Bitcoin can help the world economy in anyway, the only thing it can do is help the individuals that invests their time and money into it. Bitcoin can even pose as a threat to some people who are not smart enough, cause the price can be manipulated; to be sincere, it could.

We all do say that bitcoin's price rate is determined by the rate of investment, but when someone brings up that the price can be manipulated through that way we all denies it, while it’s true, just because we are afraid to accept the truth. Someone can invest a huge amount of money and make the price to go up to a very high price just in favor of them.
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
When you speak about the 2008 fall, Lehman brothers, the housing market etc. one of the main things that caused this collapse was shady deals and bets and inefficient accounting and accountability, no one was really paying attention to the sh*t that was actually going on, all they were interested was in the future potential returns. So with blockchain (the transparent ledger system) itself rather than bitcoin has the potential to make the "economy"better, shady and unaccountable stuff would be reduced and we can have a cleaner system which give a more efficient system. In terms of cryptocurrencies like bitcoin where I see it helping the economy out is with lower fees and less middlemen, which means cost savings in transfer which means more disposable income for the individual(s) which means either more savings or spending which results into a more stimulating economy. That's my two cents... Grin
Activity: 153
Merit: 10
The world's economy is cyclical and has experienced many cycles in the last one hundred years, and encryption has only a tiny fraction of the world's economy, which does not play any role in the recession.
Activity: 116
Merit: 3
I think the increasing population world wide is increasing pressure on avialbel resources and jobs are also scarce. This is making economy go down.
Activity: 194
World economy is falling apart because of bad choices and because people who are on the top of it doesn't care about people's problems, they only want to keep doing what they always did in the past times.
With Bitcoin this could end, but this is actually an utopian dream, our society is not ready for Bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: