Pages:
Author

Topic: Why people are holding Altcoin? - page 12. (Read 1854 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 101
April 14, 2018, 03:55:19 AM
Mostly because they have been caught in the old hodl paradigm that was good in bitcoin times but no longer. Now it is all about being on top of the market and the ICO opportunities to make cash.
HODLing is actually investing in a coin you have faith would appreciate sometime in the future and incidentally the prices of all coin went down in recent times, so it was an ample opportunity for people to stash their favorite altcoins and then wait for when the expected would come through and it does!

There is no sense in saying HODLing ended with Bitcoin and it's now history, because must Bitcoin enthusiasts saw an opportunity when price dropped below $7000, now check the price today and see what you missed. Same goes for the established altcoins.

Holding altcoin is not very bad choice because when hold bitcoin also we have chance to get loss so split with altcoin is never bad choice.
In the second thing, we first believe into altcoin then we decide to invest and holding it to make our profit after buying.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
April 14, 2018, 03:54:05 AM
Because they think that altcoin they buy has potential growth in the future. Or they either bought at high prices and did not want to sell at low prices, so they choose hold it.
ask
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
April 14, 2018, 03:41:22 AM
Altcoins are valotile and risky this makes there is a big potential to get profit.
Risky markets are always give more profit then non valotile markets.
Its similar to silver market but its more valotile.
Activity: 188
Merit: 10
April 14, 2018, 03:38:30 AM
Why people are still holding their altcoincoin in this volatile market?

Do they really love their altcoin?
Are they waiting for the price goes up?
What is your reason for holding?
In such a market, one can only expect, believe and hope that the market will rise from its knees to its feet. What, you think it's time to drain the coins?

Holding bitcoin and altcoin as investment because its very profitable if we see from early investor.
For example i am holding them just for one reason that is going to have profit and collect it for my future. So thats the .ost reason i get.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 505
April 14, 2018, 03:31:53 AM
some of them are really investor of certain project.. if you really believe that a project will be successful holding that token will give you high profit..
That is the main point for most investors though. As long as you believe in the future of what you are holding and its success in the future, you will be holding what you have. A lot of altcoins have really gotten huge within a short period with reference to even verge that increased more than 20000% if I am correct. The thing is a lot of people believe in investing in altcoins as they feel it would give them that profit within a short period.

People holding Altcoin because they wait for altcoin price be going up. Altcoin is so volatile and they think and hope that in the future it will go up again.
Every coin is volatile hence holding will be meaningful only if we choose good project's coins. If we fail to choose good coins then their price will never go up hence holding them will definitely end up in complete vain.
Activity: 485
Merit: 105
April 13, 2018, 08:59:48 PM

Because they believed their altcoins has a potential to increase its price and give them a good profit's, and its not good to sell altcoins in this market situation just wait and hope for its bounce.
Activity: 840
April 13, 2018, 08:30:07 PM

Not all altcoin bad and many of altcoin is good coin have good prospect in the future. Sometimes holding good altcoin can double you capital because altcoin movement very high
Activity: 140
Merit: 8
April 13, 2018, 08:23:52 PM
I would assume most people hold altcoins because they believe in the team and the tech and they believe that the price of one of their altcoins will be worth the price of 1 ltc or 1 eth in the next 5 years. Btc, ltc, eth was worth pennies to dollars at one point. For people who recently got into the market, they miss that train. Now they have a chance to hodl their favorite altcoins and hope it goes from pennies/dollars to hundreds/thousands.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
April 13, 2018, 08:19:32 PM
People holding Altcoin because they wait for altcoin price be going up. Altcoin is so volatile and they think and hope that in the future it will go up again.
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
April 13, 2018, 08:13:22 PM
Because altcoin is risky, altcoin is volatile.
Most people are just speculators.
Holding good altcoins are not risky. All traders are speculators even fiat traders. There is no fault with holding altcoins. buying BTC is too expensive now days. You will get 1 BTC with 7000-8000 USD. While you can have 1 eth , ripple, ada, etc, ltc with less than 1000 USD. WHen the price is increase the profit is bigger than holding BTC. The price of altcoins depends on BTC price. When BTC is pumped all will be pumped too.
Activity: 1
April 13, 2018, 08:11:43 PM
It is simply because with altcoins you have easy multipliers....

an altcoin could move from $0.05 to $0.5 more easily than bitcoin moving from $8000 to $16,000

the multiplier equate to more profit! Even though the market is terribly volatile
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 13, 2018, 08:09:22 PM

because they want to take profit as much as they can. when the price is not like ico price or when the expectation is not reach they will hold at least the price is good to earn money.
for trader, altcoin or bitcoin is diserve to be liked. wait for price increase and then sell it is natural for us, because we want to take profit.
im hold bitcoin for increasing the value.
Activity: 66
April 13, 2018, 07:59:28 PM
they are just waiting for the right time to sell it,
for what is sold when the price is bad, I am sure altcoin will not always go down, more potential to rise as more and more people learn altcoin,
waiting may be a good reason rather than having to sell and end up regretting it,
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
April 13, 2018, 07:51:02 PM
My reason of holding is simply - I believe and hope they will go up along with ethereum one day, and I will buy a house for the alts I hold now, lol.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 135
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 13, 2018, 07:48:53 PM
A lot of people are holding on to their altcoin investments as of now maimly because they are aware that selling or pulling-out on their investments wouldn't do any good for them and for the altcoin they strive to be successful. Another is the fact that we all know thst sometimes we couldn't afford to cash-in money into the cryptocurrency industry due to personal and financial issues so the least thing we could do is wait abd hold on to the coins.
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
April 13, 2018, 07:47:05 PM
Most times, people hold the altcoins they believe will have good value later on in future. Since we are presently in a time of dip, we are all expecting that the market will regain itself back.
Activity: 126
Merit: 4
April 13, 2018, 07:44:35 PM
I holding alt coins that you can stake
Activity: 209
Merit: 11
April 13, 2018, 07:42:39 PM
I hold one alt coin. I trusted and I bought 7 mounts ago. december and january rally people earned a lot of money from altcoins.
Activity: 148
April 13, 2018, 07:36:26 PM
I think people hold Altcoins because they think that the course of crying will grow in the near future and everyone will get profit. But there is also a category of people who simply bought coins at very high prices and now have to wait to not lose.
People are holding altcoin because the price of this coin at this time are very low. You can't  get a bigger profit if you sell at this time. So it is better to hold your altcoin and wait the right time when the price are pumped up again. Then it is the time to sell your bitcoin.  The altcoin price are unpredictable we can't know when the price going up and going down.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
April 13, 2018, 07:02:33 PM

I personally only hold altcoin that I like and not all altcoin I hold it, because we have to choose altcoin that has the potential and high enthusiasm in the market, so we can benefit from the hodling that we do.
Pages:
Jump to: