Pages:
Author

Topic: Why People Are Not Honest. - page 23. (Read 7984 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
November 14, 2017, 04:01:55 AM
Can I ask why people are not honest. As in, why is it that people don't keep to their words even when they can do so? Can't I just do business with someone without signing papers and get lawyers and witnesses and still keep to my words? Can't we get trustworthy people anymore?
as of today ,really some people are not honest but most of them are honest ,they dont even keep to their words even they can do they are just keep on saying that i dont know even they know it ,most people are not honest especially if they have money they are always keep on saying that idont have money thats it ,they are not honest .
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
November 13, 2017, 05:39:42 PM
People lie for different reasons. Some lie just to get the favor of other people. Some lie because of fear. Some lie because they have a condition such as pathological liars. But whatever it is, lying could be a half truth and half lie. And half truth is just another word for a lie.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
November 13, 2017, 01:32:41 PM
Scarcity is high and limits are not set. Human beings are already confused and add to that mix of chemical emotions coupled all these pressures modern society brings, what you'll get?

Honesty is a virtue these days yet people don't understand that being honest takes a lot of someone's shoulders.
Activity: 308
November 13, 2017, 01:08:27 PM
there was two reason behind people dishonesty i think . one was poverty and other was greedness ... for that people are not honest
Activity: 630
November 13, 2017, 06:32:31 AM
I do not think that people do not want to live honestly, many want, but can not. This is how the human psyche is arranged, protecting its owner from stress and upheaval. First, a person reacts, probably, with a lie, and then only thinks how it was possible to act differently. All people lie, even those who convince the rest that it is a sin to lie!
Activity: 74
November 13, 2017, 06:00:14 AM
There are a lot more of con men out there now than honest people. The world has indeed changed and people are actively seeking means of out doing and out smarting others. Though, there are a few honest folks out there but 80 percent cannot be blindly trusted.  
Activity: 140
Merit: 11
November 13, 2017, 05:58:25 AM
You can’t generalise this. Some people aren’t honest yes. Well most people aren’t honest.  Some people are pathologically dishonest, you can’t fix this category, best stay away from them. While some people are dishonest for personal gains, they have no integrity and willingly go to any extent, most third world political figures fall in to this category. It eventually boils down to selfishness in my opinion, the desire to achieve material and immaterial things with complete and utter disregard for the values we hold dear.
Activity: 4
November 13, 2017, 05:48:00 AM
Sometimes people aren’t honest with us and sometimes we’re not honest with ourselves.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
November 13, 2017, 05:34:09 AM
It's obvious, everyone is pursuing their goals.
Activity: 168
Merit: 11
November 13, 2017, 05:18:53 AM
Can I ask why people are not honest. As in, why is it that people don't keep to their words even when they can do so? Can't I just do business with someone without signing papers and get lawyers and witnesses and still keep to my words? Can't we get trustworthy people anymore?
because people are tend to be liars and nobody is perfect.but sometimes we need to not to tell the truth if the person is going to hurt.
Activity: 602
November 13, 2017, 04:45:01 AM
Because there are things that is better left unsaid. It will just hurt people if they found out the worst secret that someone is hiding. Just imagine that an ex-convict that wants to change his life, if he won't tell his past then everything will work out and if someone knew about it then people will judge him differently.
Activity: 64
November 11, 2017, 07:31:25 PM
because once you have to lie for the good of all but the worst sin lying in the eyes of God
Activity: 56
November 11, 2017, 03:58:41 PM
maybe because they dont want you to get dissappointed about them maybe they are scared from reality that they cant accept the fact of situations that tehy dont like or what people dont like. sometimes lie is good for other reason like secretly that someone that will not to know because they want to found out what it is or what happen in just my opinion
Activity: 300
November 11, 2017, 03:28:39 PM
I would say it can be called a defense mechanism. One of the natural ability of a person to lie
Activity: 204
November 11, 2017, 02:27:36 PM
There are white lies and there are bad one whose objective is to deceive people, every lies being said by someone is always motivated by something.
Activity: 154
Merit: 15
November 11, 2017, 02:16:45 PM
Honesty is the virtue which every person accepts freely if they want to. In the modern world, it is hard to cooperate with honest people cause everyone is interested in its own profit. People are doing miracles with lies and when they see one lie goes trough they are continuing the farse thinking they did nothing wrong. There are few honest people left in the world and trust me, they are not in the business world.
Activity: 102
November 11, 2017, 02:16:35 PM
If people always tell the truth everything will mess up
Activity: 210
November 11, 2017, 12:34:51 PM
but why are you so sure? Smiley
Activity: 274
November 11, 2017, 11:58:16 AM
honesty is the best policy.but everyone do not follow this statement because there is nothing unmixed good on earth.there are many reasons why people are not honest.
but the main reason is that people are self centered.
Activity: 252
November 11, 2017, 03:41:37 AM
People are not honest for some reason either it's good or bad, to protect or damage life.
Pages:
Jump to: