Pages:
Author

Topic: Why people says gold is better? - page 51. (Read 11686 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
February 10, 2018, 02:53:36 AM
Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?
Gold is better, because we can see it with our eyes, feel it. That is it is matter.
Activity: 10
February 10, 2018, 02:45:29 AM
Because gold is always valuable and not manipulated by sharks. I see gold as the most stable market in the market.
Activity: 532
Merit: 17
February 10, 2018, 02:16:18 AM
Probably it is because the gold have a stable price and have a physical form to keep.
bitcoin or altcoin is the opposite.
it doesnt have physical form, and the price is unstable.
Activity: 70
February 10, 2018, 02:04:49 AM
Gold has a profound impact on the value of world currencies. Even though the gold standard has been abandoned, gold as a commodity can act as a substitute for fiat currencies and be used as an effective hedge against inflation. There is no doubt that gold will continue to play an integral role in the foreign exchange markets. Therefore, it is an important metal to follow and analyze for its unique ability to represent the health of both local and international economies.

Bitcoin on the other hand has proven nothing but price inflation due to law supply and demand. It cannot replace or compensate the value of fiat currencies at the moment. Maybe a few more years and it can become better than gold.
Activity: 219
February 10, 2018, 01:22:29 AM
When evaluating a problem we should look holistically. I for instance can you put gold in a bank account? If you buy an item that needs to pay large sums of money, will you pay by card or gold? And what do you find more convenient for you? For bitcoin, you can transfer bitcoin to another account to pay for what you want to buy conveniently. Also, when you invest in gold, gold is more stable. So both are good
Activity: 224
February 10, 2018, 01:04:23 AM
Since almost all civilizations emerged, gold has been the standard currency, the world's hard currency.

Bitcoin has only been familiar in recent years, and a large number of people do not recognize bitcoin.
Activity: 152
February 10, 2018, 12:49:12 AM
Like using for payment, bills or trading virtually and other stuff. Imagine if you will carry a gold to pay a bill. However, many people still think that gold is better, probably because of its stability, it is also a traditional investment is less volatile and still bring in profits for investors, moreover it also used as jewelry. In my opinion, I think gold and Bitcoin are good, both have their own values. That's why mining gold needs a lot of capital for the machineries and people that will do the job.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
February 10, 2018, 12:38:52 AM
Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?
Perhaps gold is already existing a long time ago and bitcoin is only created on 20th century (2009).And sometimes people only believe when they see it their own eyes and gold is already known to be most expensive thing especially when it used to formed jewelries.And imagined, for every 27 pounds of gold transformed it into jewelries is equivalent to 150k USD.That's what convinced me why gold is better than bitcoin.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
February 10, 2018, 12:24:37 AM
A lot of people like to flash out their wealth in society. We cannot go from place to place showing how much bitcoin is stored in our wallets but with gold they can through expensive sets of jewelries. It is a legit reason why they say gold is better than bitcoin.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
February 10, 2018, 12:15:53 AM
I still prefer to keep some of my capital in gold, somewhere around 30%. And before the appearance of bitcoin in my life, all my money was invested in gold. But bitcoin seems to me more promising in the sense that you can earn on it faster, unlike gold.
And how do you “earn” bitcoin faster than gold? I mean your income is probably unchanged anyway
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
February 09, 2018, 11:55:54 PM
It's just safer , acceptable all over the globe , stable and unlike Bitcoins it won't show much ups and downs thus the chances of loss are close to nil .
Gold is something that can never get old .. people prefer it because of the stabilizing effect it provides and also because it's the only thing that can never fail.
Till jewelries exists, gold will be useful.
Activity: 560
Merit: 260
February 09, 2018, 11:50:58 PM
I hold both, you don't have to worry about your gold being worth half by the time you wake up.   

:-)
Activity: 481
February 09, 2018, 11:00:24 PM
The answer is because mainly gold is stable in monetary value than bitcoin. Moreover, bitcoin is intangible unlike gold. But people say gold is better mainly because it is stable, in fact so stable that gold had been used as a basis for the values of certain national currencies. And it had been a main product in the market.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
February 09, 2018, 10:54:40 PM
they say gold better is not wrong because gold is rarely the price drop like bitcoin but gold can not like bitcoin that can rise many times in 1 year gold can only crawl up bit by bit

Many people choose gold rather than bitcoin for several reasons including the price where in gold the price keeps on increasing and no way decreasing. In bitcoin, the price is volatile and unpredictable you dont know exactly when it increases and decreases. Even if bitcoin is more profitable in terms of short term investment they still prefer gold because of the assurance thats its price will not below its investment.
Activity: 504
Merit: 11
February 09, 2018, 10:58:26 AM
they say gold better is not wrong because gold is rarely the price drop like bitcoin but gold can not like bitcoin that can rise many times in 1 year gold can only crawl up bit by bit
Activity: 165
Merit: 5
February 09, 2018, 10:27:23 AM
Gold will still be a valuable item. If gold can not be used in everyday financial transactions then it is a normal thing. we can not possibly use gold to buy a chocolate in the supermarket. it is very difficult to find a gold standard. that's what distinguishes it from Bitcoin, although Bitcoin has a much higher value today but bitcoin is very mobile because we can use Bitcoin for transactions on a small to large scale.
Yes,  because people nowadays when it comes gold it already means wealth, because gold is one a the most valuable item.
Activity: 90
February 09, 2018, 10:20:11 AM

I think it would be a waste if you do payments with bitcoins? The price is so volatile, i would prefer to keep it as investment. Will just pay cash lol.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
February 09, 2018, 10:12:08 AM
Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency coin and gold is a valuable asset.Bitcoin is higher risk than gold so people are interesting hold gold.But now people are investing on bitcoin because bitcoin grow higher than gold.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
February 09, 2018, 03:47:42 AM
because gold is a precious metal and very valuable. you can sell gold in every country and gold can also be made into jewelry, gold has also existed for a long time and is considered as valuable by everyone and shows that gold is suitable for long-term savings and the value of the price is not much decrease and the increase is also very stable. while the new bitcoin appears in recent years. and only approved by people to respond. while gold has a longer process than bitcoin, and bitcoin has not been widely available at this time, perhaps only with time to prove it all.

Are you trying to explain us here why gold is better? You ate a joke, as your comment. First gold can be better if you plan to make a gold teeth, you can't put bitcoin in your mouth but golden teeth's are popular among some people, I don't wish to go deeper into that area.
But if you wish to send that valuable possession from one part of the world to another, what you think its better in that case?
As an investment bitcoin is better, gold have stable price over the time with small increase, if you wish to earn form your investment use bitcoin, if you wish to save your money buy gold and keep your money safe in your basement. I don't like precious metals, I never did, so for me gold is nothing special and I don't know why people are crazy for gold.
Activity: 167
February 09, 2018, 03:21:30 AM
because gold is a precious metal and very valuable. you can sell gold in every country and gold can also be made into jewelry, gold has also existed for a long time and is considered as valuable by everyone and shows that gold is suitable for long-term savings and the value of the price is not much decrease and the increase is also very stable. while the new bitcoin appears in recent years. and only approved by people to respond. while gold has a longer process than bitcoin, and bitcoin has not been widely available at this time, perhaps only with time to prove it all.
Pages:
Jump to: