Pages:
Author

Topic: Why satoshi doesn't come forward - page 5. (Read 4943 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
April 04, 2014, 12:55:14 PM
They're out there busy spending their money  Roll Eyes

Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
April 04, 2014, 12:52:07 PM
I'm sure the old guard still has a bit of skin in the game. They probably found this forum to be increasingly intolerable.

Satoshi must've been bright enough to realise that human nature would morph his/her/its/their creation into another cesspool. It's still money and that's one of the most emotive subjects in the world. Once you bind the internet to it then that just amplifies it by a few orders of magnitude.

Perhaps a few years down the line there'll be quiet offshoots springing up around the world that really do fulfill the ideological promise.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Stand on the shoulders of giants
April 04, 2014, 12:51:47 PM
At this stage of my life every time I try to really understand why people do this, do that ... a bunch of philosophical pop out of my mind like ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism_(metaphysics)

so I try to not judge others decisions or attitudes ... it's cause more segregation than integration ...

“One of the tasks of true friendship is to listen compassionately and creatively to the hidden silences. Often secrets are not revealed in words, they lie concealed in the silence between the words or in the depth of what is unsayable between two people.”
--John O'Donohue, Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom
anu
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
April 04, 2014, 12:19:58 PM
PS: Haven't lost any bitcoin with the Mtgox fiasco but I have lost faith in the community. Protocol still works though.

This is because the OK members of the community left bitcointalk, not only Satoshi. Bitcointalk, especially the Speculation board mutated to a TrollBox. Look at some "last active" of some of the old guard:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/evoorhees-12149

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
April 04, 2014, 12:00:33 PM
It might not be the truth and only but the truth but my speculation is that he became disgusted with the community since Gavin showed it off to CIA, and become even more disgusted when he saw how twisted we are with our overly speculative, wanna-get-rich-quick-while-jerking-off mentalities and such.

My impression is that he doesn't give a single shit on any of us and more tragically even about Bitcoin. If not a prank, his recent post on not being Dorian, clearly shows he stepped forward to defend a man that was in REAL danger of being killed for his supposed wealth/ worshiped to death by the bitcoin fanatics.

Moreover, Sathoshi gave everybody the instrument, a decentralized currency but we somehow started to do it wrong (see MyBitcoin, Bitcoinica, MtGox etc)

But don't worry, Bitcoin will not burn in hell, only we will! (in a max of 90 years or so, and even less for some of us). And lets a keep a toast for for MtGox - Bitcoinica incidents as we love people being scammed of off their life savings.

PS: Haven't lost any bitcoin with the Mtgox fiasco but I have lost faith in the community. Protocol still works though.
Pages:
Jump to: