Pages:
Author

Topic: Why satoshi doesn't come forward - page 2. (Read 4943 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
April 10, 2014, 05:29:34 AM
For anyone that doesn't know: Here is satoshi's bct account; inactive since 2010.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/satoshi-3
Activity: 672
April 10, 2014, 04:23:48 AM
Cause he instamined 5% and wants to dump them first and then say oh i dont have any, i did social work

actually how do you know he didn't put the private keys to those addresses onto CDs and give them to people in exchange for services, and tell them not to use them for X years

lol, a very weak defense statement, come up with something better next time
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
April 10, 2014, 04:21:05 AM
Cause he instamined 5% and wants to dump them first and then say oh i dont have any, i did social work

actually how do you know he didn't put the private keys to those addresses onto CDs and give them to people in exchange for services, and tell them not to use them for X years
Activity: 672
April 10, 2014, 03:51:15 AM
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
April 10, 2014, 03:46:14 AM
So he those not have to answer the so-many newbies questions.  Grin

That would be a painful experience imagines 1,000,000 newbie questions incoming to one person
Scary indeed
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
April 10, 2014, 01:49:30 AM
So he doesn't  have to answer the so-many newbies questions.  Grin
legendary
April 10, 2014, 01:34:07 AM
PS: Haven't lost any bitcoin with the Mtgox fiasco but I have lost faith in the community. Protocol still works though.

This is because the OK members of the community left bitcointalk, not only Satoshi. Bitcointalk, especially the Speculation board mutated to a TrollBox. Look at some "last active" of some of the old guard:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/evoorhees-12149

Not quite a good example there wobber he has his own problems as MP pointed out with the SEC checking the validity of Satoshidices sell off

I don't understand what you're saying there. Care to explain?

Re:
http://trilema.com/2014/interacting-with-fiat-institution-a-guide/
From
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/interacting-with-fiat-institutions-such-as-the-sec-a-guide-520882
Activity: 116
April 09, 2014, 05:54:12 PM

PS: Haven't lost any bitcoin with the Mtgox fiasco but I have lost faith in the community. Protocol still works though.

same here.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
April 09, 2014, 03:06:07 PM

This is because the OK members of the community left bitcointalk, not only Satoshi. Bitcointalk, especially the Speculation board mutated to a TrollBox. Look at some "last active" of some of the old guard:

Not quite a good example there wobber he has his own problems as MP pointed out with the SEC checking the validity of Satoshidices sell off

I don't understand what you're saying there. Care to explain?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
April 07, 2014, 10:58:33 AM
 It doesn't really matter, does it? ... The community loves the bitcoin mystique and if he ever comes forward.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
April 07, 2014, 03:48:41 AM
Exactly how many coins are supposedly untouched that he left behind?

The "commonly accepted" total is over 1 million BTC in the untouched Satoshi blocks.
Yet, alt coins get "tainted" by a small premine..............LOL???

So, Satoshi's work & idea wasn't free. Nor the contribution of early adopters ?

I was pointing out a double-standard that is grossly unfair.
Either Satoshi's huge stash should get much more negative publicity, or "legit" devs with a moderate early-mine/premine should be treated a lot better.
legendary
April 07, 2014, 12:29:48 AM

Activity: 85
April 06, 2014, 11:54:56 PM

The "commonly accepted" total is over 1 million BTC in the untouched Satoshi blocks.
Yet, atl coins get "tainted" by a small premine..............LOL???

So, Satoshi's work & idea wasn't free. Nor the contribution of early adopters ?
Activity: 912
Merit: 1021
If you don’t believe, why are you here?
April 06, 2014, 02:15:45 PM
This is what we know.

Satoshi created Bitcoin.
He was a very active member to the community even in his last post which was build 0.3.19.
He then disappeared to never be heard from again.
His coins still sit untouched.

The 3 most reasonable reasons for his departure are:

He died. Totally possible, would explain why the coins are untouched and why such  an active member would just vanish without warning.

He contracted a debilitating disease. He could no longer maintain his pseudonym/alter ego without his caretakers or family's help.

He stopped giving a shit. Most unlikely because of how active he was to the very last post.

or maybe he is still very active in the community with different nickname

If he (or they are still) is still alive and doesn't give a shit about bitcoin, how many times a day do you think he thinks to himself: I created bitcoin and don't a fuck.

It would be pretty gangster if bitcoin never entered his mind on a daily basis. That's the evolution in my opinion. People not thinking about "money", like you don't think about breathing or loving your child or pet, and living life on another level. That's the technology that was putforth by Satoshi to the community and what has happened? Shit talking on the internet, market manipulation, crap coins, and government misinformation.

I'm not shocked, actually this is pretty much par for the course.

I would be shocked if a cross-section of the world saw this thing through, used the technology because it makes fucking sense and each of us witness something transformative to the human race in the next decade.

Activity: 66
Merit: 0
April 06, 2014, 01:41:15 PM
I hope i'll not know what will happen if Satoshi come forward
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
April 06, 2014, 01:19:04 PM

Yet, alt coins get "tainted" by a small premine..............LOL???
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
April 06, 2014, 12:19:32 PM
cause they will put the people around them in jeopardy, to ransoms, kidnapping from the gov, etc.  dont need to go on.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator
April 06, 2014, 08:01:10 AM
This is what we know.

Satoshi created Bitcoin.
He was a very active member to the community even in his last post which was build 0.3.19.

He died. Totally possible, would explain why the coins are untouched and why such  an active member would just vanish without warning.

He contracted a debilitating disease. He could no longer maintain his pseudonym/alter ego without his caretakers or family's help.

He stopped giving a shit. Most unlikely because of how active he was to the very last post.

or maybe he is still very active in the community with different nickname
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
April 06, 2014, 01:47:04 AM
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
April 06, 2014, 01:42:17 AM
This is what we know.

Satoshi created Bitcoin.

He died. Totally possible, would explain why the coins are untouched and why such  an active member would just vanish without warning.

Pages:
Jump to: