Pages:
Author

Topic: Why so many Bitcoin users have fear of governments? - page 19. (Read 1651 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Because any even a slight restriction can affect the cost of bitcoin, here they are afraid to lose their means
Activity: 174
Merit: 0
Now that many government departments can manage their functions may be taken over by bitcoin, which will weaken the government's interests, which is now the reason why the government is keeping the currency prudent at this stage. If the government launches strong supervision measures against the special currency, the market will go down sharply, and all bitcoin users will be worried about losing their money.
Activity: 280
They fear the government because they believe that the government can banned bitcoin and if this will happen many of them will be affected no more chances of becoming wealthy and cant continue using bitcoin in their transactions.
Activity: 914
Merit: 500
It directly depends on what country you live. Most of Bitcointalk users don't pay taxes on their cryptocurrencies income - i`m sure that this reason is enough to fear Smiley
Activity: 135
Thanks to Bitcoin people started to make money quickly. The Crypto money market is one of the most popular in the world.
Crypto money is almost impossible to catch up with the money you earn. That's why governments do not think it's legal. Terrorist organizations are also thought to have made money transfers.
Activity: 350
I can't escape to notice that many users here on forum have terrible rebbelious fear of governments. Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

To my opinion the cause for something like that is again ignorance. I think that regulation that is mentioned in many countries is often mixed with centralization which is something that is not natural to Bitcoin because it's functioning totaly different than fiat currencies. Also some warnings to people that Bitcoin is volatile and risky investment that come from national banks are often interpretated as hostile behaviour towards Bitcoin and attempts to make people not to use it.

Is there any hope that Bitcoin users and governments will find the common language and help Bitcoin together to be more accepted in economy, especialy by businesses and to become more "legal" everywhere?
Because a lot of users think that the governments will ban or declare Bitcoin illegal in their country. We all know that governments are manipulative and will find ways to get hold and control of anything that generates a huge amount of money. Now though digital and decentralized, Bitcoin is no exemption. Most of the governments are now eyeing cryptocurrencies, especially Bitcoin due to its high market cap and value. A few opted to ban Bitcoin, but majority did not because they know that they can benefit from it (mainly through taxes). So instead of banning, they would regulate or set restrictions on the use of Bitcoin.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
I can't escape to notice that many users here on forum have terrible rebbelious fear of governments. Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

To my opinion the cause for something like that is again ignorance. I think that regulation that is mentioned in many countries is often mixed with centralization which is something that is not natural to Bitcoin because it's functioning totaly different than fiat currencies. Also some warnings to people that Bitcoin is volatile and risky investment that come from national banks are often interpretated as hostile behaviour towards Bitcoin and attempts to make people not to use it.

Is there any hope that Bitcoin users and governments will find the common language and help Bitcoin together to be more accepted in economy, especialy by businesses and to become more "legal" everywhere?

I believe that everything has its own time just like bitcoin, where a lot of country still don't accept and recognized bitcoin that is because of some issues. But then again bitcoin will be accepted as a means of payment by a lot of government. Bitcoin awareness will be spread out around the world.
As long as your country is not banning bitcoin you can pretty much invest freely without boundaries. But I think when your country banned bitcoin I think it is risky. Your bitcoin career is pretty much hidden to everybody because it is forbidden for you to use. Maybe these countries ban it because the danger it may give but people specially the government should stop looking to bitcoin as a dangerous investment for everyone and should be given a role in our community and economy.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 295
as long as there is no prohibition to collect and buy bitcoin, do not be afraid, but if the government really prohibits it then there is no official positive path for us and should be more careful in every crypto transaction, it is very ironic that the government wants to use blockchain technology but it is very difficult trying to separate the bitcoin from the already binding system. We are required to be experts but the government cuts many of the potential associated with bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
In countries such as India and Indonesia, the Bitcoin users need to fear the government. The authorities are doing whatever they can, in order to harass the users. They are sending tax invoices to anyone whom they suspect of dealing in Bitcoin and they are freezing bank accounts owned by Bitcoin users and exchanges.
Activity: 179
Bitcoin is innovated due to the flaws and blunders of centralization that is why a decentralized currency invented. Government cannot track down every transactions made with bitcoin so they can't implement taxes.
Everything that the government can’t control is a threat. That’s the reason Bitcoin users have fear of Government.
Activity: 196
Merit: 20
For the simple reason, because they are scarred to banned bitcoin on their respective country. More people are used bitcoin and other crypto currencies as source of income, that's why they rely and they were always affected to the fluctuation of crypto in the market. In my opinion since bitcoin and other crypto currency now are not hold by they governments it's better to care and hold it for the future value of those coins.
Activity: 98
because unfortunately whenever price rises it attracts a certain type of people who rush in with their eyes closed. they don't educate themselves and are usually brainless. they don't even understand what bitcoin is and what a decentralized currency truly means. they just listen to some other idiot FUDster to talk some nonsense in their ears and they follow it like a sheep.

Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

funny you should mention this. it usually isn't! we keep seeing topics around here by newbies saying government is set out to kill bitcoin or some of them are even claiming they have already banned bitcoin! I don't even know where they get these nonsense from!

Agree lol
Activity: 224
This is because some governments have already banned bitcoins and thus legally people in those countries cannot invest in bitcoins. You can use loopholes to invest but the danger of legal action is always there.
Activity: 257
Merit: 100
here, rather, another ... Governments themselves are afraid bitcoin))) when a country announces bitcoin outlaws, it calls the main problems "money laundering and the financing of terrorism."
Activity: 322
Over time, the state will accept bitcoin, just until this technology is quite new and it has not had time to gain confidence, and our conservative rulers are very slow to think.
Activity: 364
I really hope that the government will find a way to accept bitcoin, as this technology can really improve our economy.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Every time a nation decides to regulate the btc, users fear that the government can have a prohibitive vision and for this reason they fear governments.
Activity: 392
This is just because of the fact that government has not officially shows interest on bitcoin which always make people fear of been ban, Government still dont know how they  can control what we called decentralized as they like been in control of everything...
Activity: 364

I believe that everything has its own time just like bitcoin, where a lot of country still don't accept and recognized bitcoin that is because of some issues. But then again bitcoin will be accepted as a means of payment by a lot of government. Bitcoin awareness will be spread out around the world.
Activity: 347

For me many bitcoin users have fear in government because they thought that someday government will ban bitcoin all over the world. I think government will not do it because there are some government employees that also investing here in bitcoin because they all know that bitcoin can help them to have an extra income.
Pages:
Jump to: