Pages:
Author

Topic: Why so many Bitcoin users have fear of governments? - page 21. (Read 1651 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 268
Governments hold the fate of Bitcoins in their hands, They can make policies that can either destroy Bitcoin or make it better and prosper, if the governments prohibit the use of BTC world wide, it will lose relevance and hence fade off and die, If the governments legalize it then that will be its key to success. The future if BTC depends on the government policies

Since there are people who use bitcoin for illegal transactions, users who are not doing bad may be affected as well. This might result in banning bitcoins. It can't be avoided after all.

Yep, the government will always win, and I believe if those scams continues to spread around cryptoworld this market is in risk. We have nothing to fear as long as we do nothing, and I hope regulations will happen so we can easily attract those scammers.

This is because the government has the authority to take legal actions if you are investing in bitcoins even after ban. No one would like to go to jail for his bitcoin investment.

Well only those who use this market in negative things should really be scared, time will come and the karma of those people will happen.
Activity: 336
Merit: 14
Government regulations is inevitable. It’s just a matter of time. Bitcoin can’t become mainstream without recognition. Some people still think of bitcoins as a scam or a Ponzi Scheme because it is not regulated. How can KFC or Amazon accept bitcoins as payment without going through the tax system? It’s not like all governments are out there to do bad things on their citizens.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
They fear the government because of the government or make rules that make it difficult for investors, so they hesitate to enforce those rules. In my opinion we have nothing to fear. The current Crypto market is anonymous.
Activity: 896
Merit: 10
I can't escape to notice that many users here on forum have terrible rebbelious fear of governments. Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

To my opinion the cause for something like that is again ignorance. I think that regulation that is mentioned in many countries is often mixed with centralization which is something that is not natural to Bitcoin because it's functioning totaly different than fiat currencies. Also some warnings to people that Bitcoin is volatile and risky investment that come from national banks are often interpretated as hostile behaviour towards Bitcoin and attempts to make people not to use it.

Is there any hope that Bitcoin users and governments will find the common language and help Bitcoin together to be more accepted in economy, especialy by businesses and to become more "legal" everywhere?

Governments might have some fears when their citizens start to adopt more crypto rather than the centralize money, which can be tax purpose or whatever reasons which will affect the country economy inevitably. Especially governments are able to ban crypto or adding regulations to crypto which can destroy crypto from growing in their country. To me governments is not evil but their have to protect their own gains, in the big picture government is just a human also. This should be very achievable in the future once bitcoin is able to dominate a bigger market.
Activity: 39
A lot of bitcoin users are afraid of the government because the government have the power to ban the cryptocurrencies since they are the one who is controlling the country because of their orders or laws that they made and because of those things that they can do then they create threat for bitcoin and that is the reason for the users of the cryptocurrency not only bitcoin to be afraid to them.

Okay, let's say the state has banned bitcoin. But on the other hand we can still use bitcoin? is there a way in which the state prevents its citizens from accessing bitcoin? or can the state block blockchain networks in their countries from being accessed by us? But if the government ban by using the law, I think should move on from bitcoin. A little ridiculous if I am arrested for using bitcoin for investment. haha
Activity: 1372
Merit: 275
I can't escape to notice that many users here on forum have terrible rebbelious fear of governments. Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

To my opinion the cause for something like that is again ignorance. I think that regulation that is mentioned in many countries is often mixed with centralization which is something that is not natural to Bitcoin because it's functioning totaly different than fiat currencies. Also some warnings to people that Bitcoin is volatile and risky investment that come from national banks are often interpretated as hostile behaviour towards Bitcoin and attempts to make people not to use it.

Is there any hope that Bitcoin users and governments will find the common language and help Bitcoin together to be more accepted in economy, especialy by businesses and to become more "legal" everywhere?
all bitcoin investors will surely hope the government and bitcoin can work together for the future because I believe bitcoin is the future currency that is profitable for both parties and makes investors comfortable and safe in investing
Activity: 71
Because other country bitcion is ban. Here in my country they can allow to us use bitcoin. Here in my country. Proud to say we can use bitcoin all.
Activity: 966
Merit: 546
Most of the people that first got involved into Bitcoin were cypherpunk or libertarian, or both Grin libertarian viewpoints are somewhat logical, but then there are zealots and also people who take that into extreme anarchism. Naturally a semi untraceable digital currency attracted these types of people as early adopters. It's the same case with social justice warriors creating mobs on twitter, certain platforms tend to have a bias and mob mentality.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
A lot of bitcoin users are afraid of the government because the government have the power to ban the cryptocurrencies since they are the one who is controlling the country because of their orders or laws that they made and because of those things that they can do then they create threat for bitcoin and that is the reason for the users of the cryptocurrency not only bitcoin to be afraid to them.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 500
The thing that everyone is afraid of, if every user is asked to pay taxes that may be very large, of course this is what everyone will be afraid of, and surely everyone will not be willing if every user will be asked to pay income tax in can be from income looking bitcoin.
Activity: 318
Merit: 10

The government has banknotes as local transactions, and with government bitcoins consider them a threat to money, and therefore the government prohibits transactions using bitcoin in the country. The government can enforce the law for those who use bitcoin as a means of transaction, and that can create fear for those who have bitcoin in the country in making transactions.
Activity: 418
Merit: 106
Governments hold the fate of Bitcoins in their hands, They can make policies that can either destroy Bitcoin or make it better and prosper, if the governments prohibit the use of BTC world wide, it will lose relevance and hence fade off and die, If the governments legalize it then that will be its key to success. The future if BTC depends on the government policies

Since there are people who use bitcoin for illegal transactions, users who are not doing bad may be affected as well. This might result in banning bitcoins. It can't be avoided after all.
Activity: 280
Merit: 103
Cryptocurrency investors are afraid of gouverments, because they are making the law. So many cryptoinvestors are scared that the gouverments could release some laws which they taxed everything from their cryptcurrency investments or bann them. Or even they steal it away from them. Everythings possible, so thats why they are scared. You see what everything happend in the past, and thats why the most people and even cryptoinvestors dont trust the gouverments!
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
The main reason for people to fear using bitcoin when we talk about government is the word support. Most country does not have enough support of the government for them to inform them the essential uses of bitcoin when it comes to investments, transactions or even in trading. Most of government in the sector of the country initially introduced bitcoin as a form of cryptocurrency that could be used in illegal thing, yet the endless possibilities of bitcoin rely on the support of people who uses it and with the big help of the government which could implement initial platform to used bitcoin as one of the main currency in transactions and trading.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
Users of cryptocurrencies fear that poorly informed governments can only be attracted by the negative aspects of the btc such as the possibility of tax evasion or the criminal implications of anonymity. If not well understood these aspects could lead to a prohibition of the btc or to the enactment of repressive laws.
Activity: 27
This is because the government has the authority to take legal actions if you are investing in bitcoins even after ban. No one would like to go to jail for his bitcoin investment.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2

All the possibilities there. I'm sure sooner or later the Government and society will meet agree to solve economic problems in the future.
Activity: 224
Yes so many fear of Government as there policy can have a positive or negative impact on BTC price, especially developed countries with well regulated banking system, to convert your profit to fiat migth be a barrier if there are policy against BTC in your country
Yes, I agree with this. In fact, we have witnessed a boom in the value and capitalization of the crypto market in 2017. This shows that part of the impacts and policies from the government are not approaching or the crypto environment is Unregulated and legalized (spontaneous and deflated). But this year, we've seen that the bans and the effects from the government have a huge impact on the value of the crypto and bitcoin markets. Then the G20.

For a market that is spontaneously commingled by the community. Government is always a challenge with bitcoin and crypto. Any information or distractions given may seriously impact the value of the market. It is always a concern from users and investors like us.
Activity: 98
Most of the people who hold Bitcoin and sometimes having a second thought if they will invest more because of their fear to government is new members and starters since they don't have the basic foundation and don't have yet strong belief that someday BTC is going to be accepted worldwide.
Activity: 328
Merit: 250
if you ask me, I guess those people are using their illegal money to buy Bitcoin. when someone don;t pay taxes for his/her income/investment/property - that profit is actually illegal.
People have to obay the rules and regulation and low of their country otherwise they will be punish for that. In fact if a government will turn bitcoin as illegal then undr the tretory of that country you are not allowed to exerciese it, therefore people are worring about if their governemnt will turn bitcoin as illegal then it will become difficult for them to use bitcoin as openly as they were using it before.
Pages:
Jump to: