Pages:
Author

Topic: Why suicide cases are increasing - page 6. (Read 1644 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 21, 2018, 11:32:49 PM
They are increasing because people are depressed and sad.
Activity: 81
March 21, 2018, 08:12:41 PM
Because people are not ready to handle the truth and are depressed.
Activity: 112
Merit: 4
March 21, 2018, 05:33:43 PM
Stresses of modern life, work pressures, family issues and poor health care provision in many countries.
March 21, 2018, 05:19:01 PM
This is a very sensitive subject and having never suffered from these types of thoughts my opinion is probably only partially valid. But I do think there is something to be said for finding a purpose. A hobbie, a skill.
Activity: 114
March 21, 2018, 01:46:51 PM
Actually if we go back from the past, we  will found out that suicide is only had a small percentage. Until the time of social media come in in the lives of the new generation then the suicide percentage increase. Before life is more on activities physically more active the body. While in social media influence the generation can access easily to click whatever they want to watch. They have more time on social media than physical activities.
Activity: 104
Merit: 1
March 21, 2018, 09:34:55 AM
Because many people are driven by resentment and anger they hold on hurts and never get over them.instead of releasing their pain through forgiveness,they rehearse it over and over in their minds.
Activity: 8
March 21, 2018, 05:20:03 AM
Maybe they're just aired a lot more nowadays. They go up and down just like economy. It's a windmill, hard to fight against Sad
People, you're lucky you're alive, meant to be here might say, You have your thing to do.. Why one takes his life?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
March 21, 2018, 03:19:58 AM
Depression and self-esteem are the most fatal causes of suicide. This is due to the lack of religious education and character education. Today religious education and character are not preferred, only science and technology take precedence. So the person is easily depressed, and worse yet he committed suicide. The economic necessity or the difficulty of finding a job is not the basic thing people commit suicide, but the lack of religious education and character makes people depressed easily, so people commit suicide.
Activity: 29
March 20, 2018, 11:42:27 PM
There are a lot of people who are very depressed and sad and that’s why they commit suicide.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
March 20, 2018, 11:41:02 AM
Many factors influence a person so that he decides to commit suicide. It can be debts, broken heart, death of a loved one and much more. It all depends on the will of man. Is he able to survive such moments, or would he prefer to give up.
Activity: 198
March 20, 2018, 11:32:59 AM
Thought of suicide is not always related to psychiatric illness. However, suicidal thoughts and behaviors can occur in many psychiatric conditions such as major depression, trauma, drug use, anxiety disorders, psychotic disorders, and personality disorders.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 255
March 20, 2018, 10:56:01 AM
Suicide is increasing because most of the people don't even care about those people who suffers from it or maybe those suicidal people hides their real situation behind their smiles or maybe the society itself is the main reason. There are many factors actually to consider why are these cases are increasing.

Failure most of the time. They need help alright but its them that should do something about themselves.

If they want to die just like someone who loss his wealth because of business failure and then prefers to die its his choice but he shouldn't go drink an insect spray along their kids. At least give he should give the kids the chance to establish their own, they aren't part of the dad's failure.
Activity: 448
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 20, 2018, 04:21:41 AM
Suicide is increasing because most of the people don't even care about those people who suffers from it or maybe those suicidal people hides their real situation behind their smiles or maybe the society itself is the main reason. There are many factors actually to consider why are these cases are increasing.
March 20, 2018, 03:16:27 AM
Those of us who work in pediatric intensive care have frequent encounters with the problem of suicide and attempted suicide. It has seemed to me for some years that the numbers are increasing, and this has been shown to be the case. After years of declining, the suicide rate in our country has been increasing, now at about 125% of the rate of several decades ago.

This increase accelerated after 2006. Although all age groups showed an increase, the rate among women, particularly adolescent girls, took a notable jump. In 2012 suicide was the second leading cause of death in adolescents ages 12 to 19 years, accounting for more deaths in this age group than cancer, heart disease, influenza, pneumonia, diabetes mellitus, human immunodeficiency virus, and stroke combined. Here are some recent statistics of women from the CDC, although they don't quite break out adolescents they way I would like.

Actual suicide is just the tip of the iceberg, since, at least among adolescent girls who attempt it, typically, with a drug overdose, there are as many as 90 attempts for every death. Since a large number of these attempts end up in the PICU, I'm not surprised we are seeing more and more of them come through our doors. A few other points are worth noting here. The success statistics for adolescent boys are unfortunately much higher because boys tend to use more violent means than girls, such as hanging, firearms, or automobiles.

However, although rates for boys are up slightly, they really haven't changed much. It's also important to realize suicide attempts are a spectrum -- some are more serious than others. Many girls take an overdose and then immediately tell somebody about it. These are often called suicide gestures and can be quite impulsive. Some use the term "cry for help" to describe them. More ominous are children who carefully plan, such as by hoarding powerful drugs in secret and taking them in a setting where they won't be found. They may leave a suicide note. I couldn't find any data about whether these different categories are discordant in the rate increase, but I assume the two are tracking together. Finally, a child may not know which drugs are truly dangerous. I have seen very serious suicide attempts by children who take overdoses of what we know to be innocuous medications, but the child does not. Regardless of what category the attempt is, of course, the child needs mental health services subsequently. These days we find a child's text messages to be very helpful. So why the increase in adolescent girls?

Presumably, suicide rates are rough and ready markers for rates of depression. Is teen depression increasing? A 2006 study says no, at least up until then. What about the last decade, since 2006 appears to be the year suicide rates inflected upward in adolescent girls. I did find a snapshot for 2015 from the CDC of the number of adolescents who experienced a major depressive episode during the year -- girls were nearly 20%.

A recent study in Pediatrics, the journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, found a nearly 50% increase in adolescent depression over the past 11 years. Mental health problems are notoriously difficult to study because, of course, we have no definitive test for them -- no blood test, no fancy brain scans. We mostly rely on surveys. Still, it does seem something changed about a decade ago, and this is probably reflected in the increase in suicide attempts among girls at roughly the same rate as the increase in major depression.

There are a few other things to keep in mind. Prescriptions of antidepressants have increased dramatically, particularly of drugs in the class we call selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Common brand names for these are Prozac, Paxil, Celexa, and Zoloft. There has been concern that in the short term after starting them, SSRIs may actually increase thoughts about suicide in adolescents. Another new development is social media. Teenagers, especially those in difficult home situations or who are socially isolated, are quite susceptible to bullying behavior, and cyberbullying has emerged as a new threat to such children. There have been several dramatic cases in the news about suicides following cyberbullying.

I'm sorry to say I really don't know what explains these increasing rates, except to point out the overall rate of suicide for the whole population has also increased to some extent; it was 10.5 deaths per 100,000 persons in 1999 and is now 13 per 100,000. Middle-aged males have seen a dramatic jump in rates. It appears to me that, for many possible reasons, there is more social anxiety and depression in America, which in turn increases suicide rates. Adolescent girls are feeling this in particular. You might say our entire society is issuing a cry for help.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 255
March 20, 2018, 02:58:46 AM

Having more idle time than working hard can make someone think of ending his life. But if he is busy of something like planting something on his small lot and having someone to look after like a wife and a kid, will make a suicidal person think of the future of his kids. Idle time is the worse time of the life of someone, he or she has to have something pass time.
Activity: 33
March 20, 2018, 02:14:10 AM
Loneliness according to me is the main reason why people want to commit suicide.
Activity: 127
March 19, 2018, 11:34:13 PM
Depressions and low self-esteems are one of the reasons why there are a lot of suicide cases.

Because problem of people is also increasing, problem in money, family and love life. Suicide is their way to escape their problem, they dont want to think anymore, they dont want to suffer anymore! But for me i want to do that because of some problem, id rather face the problem than to kill my self, i want to live more and i want to be with my family until God get my life. Only God can decide when he will get us, so please face your problem, its the solution of all your problem.
Activity: 196
March 19, 2018, 11:22:08 PM
Suicide can be caused by various problems, the first such as economic problems, everyone has a different economy so that if someone who has a low economic level then has a lot of debt and can not pay it then he felt pressured to trigger suicide. the second broken heart, usually most teenagers who often experience heartbreak then there is a thought in their brain to end his life and commit suicide, I think it's all stupid things that should not be done, because in our life we have a lot of effort and hard work.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
March 19, 2018, 09:09:47 PM
It keeps on increasing because more people are not being understood by others. They always think that if its the interest of everyone, then everyone should get along. A person will only think about committing suicide when there's no one else who understand him/her. Most of the time they won't show that they are depressed and keep everything inside them. Whenever you heard someone talks about committing suicide, help the person right away. Talk to him/her, be with her and make sure that you made them feel that you were there for them no matter what. 
Activity: 31
March 19, 2018, 08:50:10 PM
Many people commit suicide because they have failed themselves in some way.
Pages:
Jump to: