Pages:
Author

Topic: Why the darkcoin/dash/dashpay instamine matters - page 9. (Read 47745 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1045
We may not know what the value of the scam is (?), we may not be able to tell how people were scammed, we may not know of any victims, but heck, if we repeat it is a scam a million times, it must be. Surely.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

The victims you require are every miner that was scammed.

Thanks for confirming that.

Now we know who's noses are out of joint and who's making all the noise  Wink

I just bought mine in the market where they were available in abundance. Maybe you should have too if you had valued them that much at the time.

#fauxOutrage
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
From 6M$ - 13M$ in 5 h, Edufield did some lucrative work here!

Two years ago:

"https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6107610"

"Blatant Scam Darkcoin - Instamine 2 millions drk = 1.2 million USD !!!"

Now it's 6m - 13m?

Wow... Next year it could be 100mn Grin

Diversion - the exact $ value is irrelevant are you now claiming the price of coins does not fluctuate?

Again diversion is all you have.

The exact figures or approximation of the scam is not going to stop it being a scam.

This still happened

scam
skam/Submit
nouninformal
a dishonest scheme; a fraud.

Telling people to expect a fair launch with no premine - giving expectation LIKE EVERY OTHER LAUNCH THEN DID TO MINE OF AN EVEN PLATFORM -

but then launching early and preventing windows miners THAT WERE PERMITTED TO MINE AT EVERY OTHER LAUNCH THEN 

and then mining up all the coins at 100x speed yourself

YES THAT IS A SCAM.

The victims you require are every miner that was scammed. Do you get it yet?

If the scam is calculated to be 1.2m 50M or 100 dollars it is still a dishonest scheme.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
You can't keep your story straight.

First you say it was a "problematic launch" (your words).

Now you claim that statements being made about a "fair and transparent" launch are helpful disclosure.

/facepalm.

=>

Smooth, what you are saying is not a "scam", it's a problematic launch. A scam requires VICTIMS.

/doublefacepalm.

It doesn't, but anyway, investors who rely on false, misleading, incomplete information (including recently-produced edits to official information and official statements) and then lose money are victims. So there are indeed many victims, and there will continue to be victims until the ongoing scamming stops.

Example: Statements about a "fair and transparent launch" (with no mention whatsoever of problems) when you, AlexGR, agree it was a "problematic launch" are clearly misleading.

legendary

Now you claim that statements being made about a "fair and transparent" launch are helpful disclosure.

/facepalm.

=>

Smooth, what you are saying is not a "scam", it's a problematic launch. A scam requires VICTIMS.

/doublefacepalm.

scam
skam/Submit
nouninformal
a dishonest scheme; a fraud.

Telling people to expect a fair launch with no premine - giving expectation LIKE EVERY OTHER LAUNCH THEN DID TO MINE OF AN EVEN PLATFORM -

but then launching early and preventing windows miners THAT WERE PERMITTED TO MINE AT EVERY OTHER LAUNCH THEN  

and then mining up all the coins at 100x speed yourself

YES THAT IS A SCAM.

The victims you require are every miner that was scammed. Do you get it yet?
legendary

Two years ago:

"https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6107610"

"Blatant Scam Darkcoin - Instamine 2 millions drk = 1.2 million USD !!!"

Now it's 6m - 13m?

Wow... Next year it could be 100mn Grin
legendary

/facepalm.

=>

/doublefacepalm.
legendary
This is the launch ---  reading it you should keep in mind it was annouced as no premine and fair release....then make your mind up if it was a scam

Let's take a look at the first 5 h of Darkcoin (XCoin at that time)...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4589219
Edufield said (after failed launch) that he will wait the next day to launch DRK (XCoin at that time) it is 11 pm.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4591407
Edufield disregard windows wallet and daemon and hurry up his launch, presumably to not have windows miners on board.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4592827
Edufield say he added four nodes for the launch at 4 am (5 hours later, despite his promise to wait). The 4 nodes from Edufield are 3 amazons AWS + another unknown (whois IP). Launch started at 3h54 am.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4593601
Edufield said the github version was not updated, nobody could compile and only Edufield was able to mine until that time. It is 5.09 am and Edufield instamined alone 1153 block at 500 DRK + 60 block at reward 277 = 593120 DRK for him alone in about 1 hour.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4593987
No windows wallet confirmed at 5h47 am, despite a user attempt to make one avaiable, that Edufield dismissed quickly.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4594096
Illodin, understand dev has instamined alot of coin.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4595573
From this list of nodes, at 8h34 am (4h40 after launch) there were 50 Amazon AWS node and 50 microsoft cloud computing instamining DRK (checked using IP whois service). This is 100/124 nodes using cloud computing to instamine DRK. We are at block 2870 and block reward is 500. From block 1153-1729 block reward is 277. After that it is 500 again hence 2294 block at 500 + 576 at 277 = 1306552 DRK (worth about 13M$ now) were instamined in less than 5 hour by Edufield and coworkers using about 100 cloud mining instances. Edufield himself instamined in not even 5 h from 600K to 1169K DRK ((1306K-600K)*100/124 + 600K) depending how many of the 100 cloud mining instance were its own. All this while having purposefully set the difficult ridiculously low and block reward 100 times what it is now.

totally fair - if only all launches had been like that.

Anyone saying that isn't fair is either

butthurt, jealous, envious , a liar, has an agenda, or is just crazy.... according to dashers..

Although all of this data (facts) coming to light it due to the hard work of one man: Taoofsaatoshi is his new name - formerly Taoway. Without him we may never have bothered looking into it all. He and he alone first started the anti darkcoin thread on the main board attracting the attention of everyone else to something we had all over looked previously. The dark destroyer.

legendary
The Dash insiders are well aware that investors still care about the instamine

This issue has been settled with finality by the community over 2 years ago: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/darkcoin-airdrop-cancelled-559932

Apparently not, because if it was settled with finality, the Dash community would still not be attempting to cover it up by editing the OP and putting out new Official Statements, both done much less than 2 years ago. These are actions of the Dash community, not my actions. I'm just reporting them.

If dash doesn't have relative info in their pages => OH NO IT'S A SCAM
If dash has relative info in their pages => OHHHH NOOO IT'S A SCAM

You can't win, ever.

In another thread some of you were complaining about lack of transparency, now when some info is updated => "ohhhh noooo".

Ffs, grow up.

/facepalm.
legendary

Ffs, grow up.

...or just put your money where your mouth is and short some Dash if you feel so strongly about it.

Might be more dignified than squeeling like a drowned rat in a puddle about emission rates 2 years after the fact  Wink
legendary
The Dash insiders are well aware that investors still care about the instamine

This issue has been settled with finality by the community over 2 years ago: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/darkcoin-airdrop-cancelled-559932

Apparently not, because if it was settled with finality, the Dash community would still not be attempting to cover it up by editing the OP and putting out new Official Statements, both done much less than 2 years ago. These are actions of the Dash community, not my actions. I'm just reporting them.

If dash doesn't have relative info in their pages => OH NO IT'S A SCAM
If dash has relative info in their pages => OHHHH NOOO IT'S A SCAM

You can't win, ever.

In another thread some of you were complaining about lack of transparency, now when some info is updated => "ohhhh noooo".

Ffs, grow up.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud

--o-o--

Nice rant.

I think you just made his case for him better than he did  Wink

You would think something stupid like that. But back to the instamine.....

2 million is what percentage of the current dash emission?
legendary

--o-o--

Nice rant.

I think you just made his case for him better than he did  Wink
legendary

That doesn't refute anything, but thanks for reading my guide. Maybe it will work on people who don't see it for the desperate attempt to distract that it is--

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14472374

"#1. No matter how dire the warning from those technobabling nerds sound, they can be easily refuted with one word--JEALOUSY. Say it often and say it proud and don't let their theoretical arguments get in the way of you and your rightful shitcoin future. If they tell you the algowhateverthingy is broken, say "These blankcoin motherfuckers have been saying that for months and look, our coin is still alive and stronger than ever! They're just jealous that (our coin is ahead of them on coinmarketcap.com) or (our coin has twice the innovation as that has-been and every day we're eating into their market cap)." If you can work SCARED and JEALOUS into the same post, all the better."
legendary
Anyone could have mined Dash from Day 1.

As long as they didn't believe Evan's misleading statement about the launch time and went to sleep.

You could still mine the first day of course, but missing just the first several hours already meant missing most of the instamine coins.

Yeah. So? Who gives a shit besides you and your sockpuppets? I can launch a coin today and not tell you about it. What you gonna do? Bitch and moan about it for the next 2 years as well? No. Why not? Because it will be a worthless shitcoin. Because I'm not going to work my fucking ass off every day to make it a success like Evan did.

You reek of jealousy and that makes you pathetic. The destiny of Monero is reflected by your collective behaviour and your glorified one trick pony is going to lose. Hard.

I got a new slogan for you:
Monero - Too little, too late.

LOL. Please try to stay on topic. The thread is about the darkcoin/dash instamine.

legendary
Activity: 465
Merit: 250

As long as they didn't believe Evan's misleading statement about the launch time and went to sleep.

You could still mine the first day of course, but missing just the first several hours already meant missing most of the instamine coins.

Yeah. So? Who gives a shit besides you and your sockpuppets? I can launch a coin today and not tell you about it. What you gonna do? Bitch and moan about it for the next 2 years as well? No. Why not? Because it will be a worthless shitcoin. Because I'm not going to work my fucking ass off every day to make it a success like Evan did.

You reek of jealousy and that makes you pathetic. The destiny of Monero is reflected by your collective behaviour and your glorified one trick pony is going to lose. Hard.

I got a new slogan for you:
Monero - Too little, too late.
legendary

A scam requires VICTIMS.

In fact it doesn't, only a successful one does.

This is getting hilarious.

Hope you guys are getting well paid for your time.

So a scam with no victims is now an unsuccessful scam.

I'll need to work that one out - kind of reminds me of doing imaginary numbers in math  Cheesy

I know it is tough, but here's a example to simplify it for you. I create a company that promises trips to mars, but we have no ships, no plans, no way to get anyone there, but we create ads that make that promise--though all are internal data shows we can't and won't pursue that end. TV companies preview the ads and report us to the FBI, they investigate and put us in jail for running a scam.

By your logic, I could just plead not guilty by way of no victims. Thankfully the courts, the investigators, and most everyone else doesn't use shitcoin logic.

Wrong. No crime has been committed. If you ran to court with this they would arrest you for wasting their time. Any idiot can run any ad they want, as long as they take nobody's money no crime has been committed. This isn't Minority Report, this is the real world, wannabe Blade Runner. An even more pathetic attempt than smooth's to distract from the fact that Dash as ZERO victims and is thus NO scam.

Plus this bullshit example doesn't even remotely apply to Dash because it's an existent and working product, no matter how much you hate that irrefutable fact.

False Advertising

"Any advertising or promotion that misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities or geographic origin of goods, services or commercial activities" (Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C.A. § 1125(a)).

Proof Requirement

To establish that an advertisement is false, a plaintiff must prove five things: (1) a false statement of fact has been made about the advertiser's own or another person's goods, services, or commercial activity; (2) the statement either deceives or has the potential to deceive a substantial portion of its targeted audience; (3) the deception is also likely to affect the purchasing decisions of its audience; (4) the advertising involves goods or services in interstate commerce; and (5) the deception has either resulted in or is likely to result in injury to the plaintiff. The most heavily weighed factor is the advertisement's potential to injure a customer. The injury is usually attributed to money the consumer lost through a purchase that would not have been made had the advertisement not been misleading. False statements can be defined in two ways: those that are false on their face and those that are implicitly false."

"Failure to Disclose It is considered false advertising under the Lanham Act if a representation is "untrue as a result of the failure to disclose a material fact." Therefore, false advertising can come from both misstatements and partially correct statements that are misleading because they do not disclose something the consumer should know. The Trademark Law Revision Act of 1988, which added several amendments to the Lanham Act, left creation of the line between sufficient and insufficient disclosure to the discretion of the courts."

Maybe tomorrow I'll look up some cases of where intent alone resulted in a conviction, but you better believe that if I was selling million dollar plus mar's trips, I wouldn't need to take a dime to get investigated and punished--though it's more likely once you take money. But based on descriptions of people leaving dash after they found out about the instamine, someone was scammed by dash and their media stating "no premine, fairly and transparently launched."
legendary

Activity: 465
Merit: 250
it's a scam

Except that it's not and you failed to prove otherwise every single time we asked.

The emission schedule is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and so is this thread.
Neither Bitcoin nor Monero were launched fairly in relation to the rest of the world.
Anyone could have mined Dash from Day 1. Fair enough for me and any sane non-FUDding person on Earth.

You missed the launch?

Cry me a river.
Pages:
Jump to: