Pages:
Author

Topic: Why the darkcoin/dash/dashpay instamine matters - page 10. (Read 47745 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

A scam requires VICTIMS.

In fact it doesn't, only a successful one does.

This is getting hilarious.

Hope you guys are getting well paid for your time.

So a scam with no victims is now an unsuccessful scam.

I'll need to work that one out - kind of reminds me of doing imaginary numbers in math  Cheesy

I know it is tough, but here's a example to simplify it for you. I create a company that promises trips to mars, but we have no ships, no plans, no way to get anyone there, but we create ads that make that promise--though all are internal data shows we can't and won't pursue that end. TV companies preview the ads and report us to the FBI, they investigate and put us in jail for running a scam.

By your logic, I could just plead not guilty by way of no victims. Thankfully the courts, the investigators, and most everyone else doesn't use shitcoin logic.

Wrong. No crime has been committed.

Don't quit your day job.
legendary
The Dash insiders are well aware that investors still care about the instamine

This issue has been settled with finality by the community over 2 years ago: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/darkcoin-airdrop-cancelled-559932

Apparently not, because if it was settled with finality, the Dash community would still not be attempting to cover it up by editing the OP and putting out new Official Statements, both done much less than 2 years ago. These are actions of the Dash community, not my actions. I'm just reporting them.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
A scam requires VICTIMS.

44 Million USD marketcap and 6-7 USD per coin sure sounds like an "unsuccessful" "scam".

Does anyone take this guy serious anymore after this? Pathetic tactic to avoid actually owning up to the fact that Dash has ZERO victims.

Has your media updated that 2million coins were mined in the first day? If it's still advertised as"fairly and transparently launched" and doesn't mention the emission change and the amount instamined, it's a scam. But judging by the flack this thread gets, I doubt the dash community is up to owning up to their past.
Activity: 465
Merit: 250

A scam requires VICTIMS.

I'll need to work that one out - kind of reminds me of doing imaginary numbers in math  Cheesy

I know it is tough, but here's a example to simplify it for you. I create a company that promises trips to mars, but we have no ships, no plans, no way to get anyone there, but we create ads that make that promise--though all are internal data shows we can't and won't pursue that end. TV companies preview the ads and report us to the FBI, they investigate and put us in jail for running a scam.

By your logic, I could just plead not guilty by way of no victims. Thankfully the courts, the investigators, and most everyone else doesn't use shitcoin logic.

Wrong. No crime has been committed. If you ran to court with this they would arrest you for wasting their time. Any idiot can run any ad they want, as long as they take nobody's money no crime has been committed. This isn't Minority Report, this is the real world, wannabe Blade Runner. An even more pathetic attempt than smooth's to distract from the fact that Dash as ZERO victims and is thus NO scam.

Plus this bullshit example doesn't even remotely apply to Dash because it's an existent and working product, no matter how much you hate that irrefutable fact.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

I create a company that promises trips to mars

The words "get over it" spring to mind.

Hows that sponge fitting ?
legendary

This issue has been settled with finality by the community over 2 years ago: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/darkcoin-airdrop-cancelled-559932

The only people "caring" are Monero trolls. And that's a fact.

Why is it that everywhere you look a "dash scam" thread, there is a Monero troll behind it? Competitive reasons.

Again, shitcoin logic:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14472374
legendary

A scam requires VICTIMS.

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1045

The only people "caring" are Monero trolls. And that's a fact.

Why is it that everywhere you look a "dash scam" thread, there is a Monero troll behind it? Competitive reasons.
legendary

A scam requires VICTIMS.

A fraudulent scheme performed by a dishonest individual, group, or company in an attempt obtain money or something else of value.

I'm not even stating whether Dash is a successful or unsuccessful scam, only pointing out that a "scam" does not require victims, it is based on the actions of those involved.
A scam requires VICTIMS.

44 Million USD marketcap and 6-7 USD per coin sure sounds like an "unsuccessful" "scam".

Does anyone take this guy serious anymore after this? Pathetic tactic to avoid actually owning up to the fact that Dash has ZERO victims.
legendary
Smooth, what you are saying is not a "scam", it's a problematic launch.

Does it describe a "fair and transparent" launch to you?

Was bitcoin "Fair and transparent"? I never heard about it.

Was it "fair" that Satoshi was solomining for a year?

Debatable, but what is not debatable is that the Bitcoin developers are not making promotional statements about the fairness of the launch.

Ah well, who cares by now.

Apparently Evan, since he edited the ANN OP recently from "NO PREMINE" in the topic to "no premine and was fairly and transparently launched".

The "Official Statement" full of incorrect, incomplete, and misleading statements is also relatively new.

The Dash insiders are well aware that investors still care about the instamine otherwise there would be no reason to still be actively working to mislead investors about it.
Meanwhile I have assembled all the people who were scammed by Dash. Took a lot of research but I finally got em all together on one spot Shocked
legendary

A scam requires VICTIMS.

legendary
Does the Official Statement about the Instamine claim that Litecoin's difficulty adjustment is responsible for the extra coins, when in fact that is not the case for most of the extra coins?

Can you explain why Litecoin instamined half a million coins?

Because the the slow Litecoin difficulty adjustment causes a small instamine.

Only if the hashrate is large Wink

And remember xco's hashrate was large, but also on a new and different algorithm.

The rate of difficulty increase is exponential so the actual hash rate doesn't matter much (assuming high, as you say). Increasing hash rate by 4x only adds one additional cycle before the Litecoin difficulty adjustment would catches up. XCoin's cycles were ~500 blocks compared to 2016 blocks for Litecoin so it should have caught much more quickly than Litecoin.

In fact most of the instamine came from the block rewards being too high (500 coins, on most blocks, though the production was erratic and strange) and possibly other issues, rather than the Litecoin difficulty adjustment. Also of course the later cuts to emissions/supply, which increased the effective size of the instamine by 4x or more.
legendary

Was bitcoin "Fair and transparent"? I never heard about it.

Was it "fair" that Satoshi was solomining for a year?

Ah well, who cares by now.
legendary
Does the Official Statement about the Instamine claim that Litecoin's difficulty adjustment is responsible for the extra coins, when in fact that is not the case for most of the extra coins?

Because the the slow Litecoin difficulty adjustment causes a small instamine.

Only if the hashrate is large Wink

And remember xco's hashrate was large, but also on a new and different algorithm.
legendary

Because the the slow Litecoin difficulty adjustment causes a small instamine. When launched, XCoin had a modified Litecoin difficulty algorithm that adjusted 4x faster, so absent other issues, it would have a much smaller instamine. Most of the Dash instamine did not come from the Litecoin difficulty adjustment algorithm.
legendary

A scam requires VICTIMS.

But as I pointed out to you, every investor who makes an investment decision, in whole or part, on the basis of false or misleading statements and loses money is a victim. It is an extraordinary claim that there are no victims. I might even be a victim for that matter.
legendary

Dash started under a cloud of suspicious activity and it will follow it until it falls of the shitcoin cliff

Hey - I use these for dreaded dishwashing duty, but if you strap one to your forehead it might last a bit longer (at least until we get to said "cliff" Wink  )

legendary
How many BTC were mined in the first 24 hours?

How many XMR were mined in the first 24 hours?

How many dash were mined in the first 24 hours?

Is this the only thing you are interested? A blockchain explorer can tell you that, you don't need me, or anyone else to tell you the number of coins.

I'm just amazed that a dozen or so dashers can't answer a simple question. Will you melt or something? Why is it such a big deal to answer?

The answer is ~2mn for XCO, I haven't looked into XMR or BTC, but I suspect BTC would be close to 7200.

Thank you. 2 million dash mined in the first 24hours without an ICO or any other planned mass early distribution--this is why no one but a few dashers buys any of the numbers provided for dash's supposed redistribution. Dash started under a cloud of suspicious activity and it will follow it until it falls of the shitcoin cliff.

What's funny is that the only way to remove the cloud of suspicion is to make it even more transparent than it already is--thanks to a second rate anonymity scheme. Maybe you can attach an IP to every coin or something?
Pages:
Jump to: