Pages:
Author

Topic: Why the darkcoin/dash/dashpay instamine matters - page 7. (Read 47745 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 257
This thread wasnt exactly created to give a fair and unbiased perspective of Dash

Where would any n00b investor[milking donor] get a fair and unbiased perspective (certainly not in Dash threads dominated by Dash pumpers) except from someone who is both expert and it not invested in any coin and who originally helped Evan devise his "solution" to the CoinJoin jamming problem which would have ostensibly plagued DarkCoin (aka Dash) at launch had I not helped him early on.

I turned against Dash when I discovered (significantly via this thread) that it is a blatant scam with horrendously bad technology, being pumped as the next great Evolution. That was just too much for me to ignore, especially after I found an egregious high school level probability error in the security guarantees in the InstantX whitepaper roughly 1 year after it had been released to the public.
Activity: 317
Merit: 1012
Yeah okay, thanks. That's kinda what I thought.

I've always been a little bit on the fence about it. On the one hand it seems to get some praise from certain media outlets, but on the other hand it seems to get a lot of community disapproval.

Community disapproval can be very misleading on bitcointalk, especially where alts are concerned. This thread want exactly created to give a fair and unbiased perspective of Dash but I'd agree 100% with Smooth on this point:
Nevertheless, do your own homework. Reach your own conclusions. This is crypto. "Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear" (Poe)
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Seriously though, is there any reason for me to invest in Dash, given the evidence? (genuine question)

Because it might go up in value?

If you are looking for long term success, no, there is not really a basis to expect that, and the disreputable background documented here only makes that less likely.

If you are looking for short term swings, sure, go for it if your research supports it and you can afford the risk.

Be careful if you are playing big though. The liquidity in Dash is quite poor, both relative to the market cap and in absolute terms. Most likely because the vast majority of the coin supply doesn't ever hit the market, it is HODLed by instaminers and early adopters who have it locked up in masternodes.

For small-size trading where you try to time the market and don't need to worry much about liquidity, it can be as good as anything else.

And also given the level of insider control alleged, we don't know if the Dash liquidity is faked. So actual liquidity may be even worse than advertised.

Every day you have hanging over your investment the extra risk that FinCEN, State of Arizona, or the SEC could announce an investigation.

The odds of any coin reaching "moon" are near 0, but to choose one that has the extra fault lines of a poor implementation is beyond reason. This is why the dashers have to continually revamp their delusions/expectations on the airy promises of hypemasters churning out endless buzzwords in an attempt to throw back the curtain on the ducktaped instamined cardboard cutout of a moon lander that is dash. It's amazing what the imagination can fool itself into believing when the right mix of greed and ignorance isn't tempered by sobering rationality.
Seriously though, is there any reason for me to invest in Dash, given the evidence? (genuine question)

If you are looking for long term success, no, there is not really a basis to expect that, and the disreputable background documented here only makes that less likely.

If you are looking for short term swings, sure, go for it if your research supports it and you can afford the risk.

Be careful if you are playing big though. The liquidity in Dash is quite poor, both relative to the market cap and in absolute terms. Most likely because the vast majority of the coin supply doesn't ever hit the market, it is HODLed by instaminers and early adopters who have it locked up in masternodes.

For small-size trading where you try to time the market and don't need to worry much about liquidity, it can be as good as anything else.

And also given the level of insider control alleged, we don't know if the Dash liquidity is faked. So actual liquidity may be even worse than advertised.

Every day you have hanging over your investment the extra risk that FinCEN, State of Arizona, or the SEC could announce an investigation.
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Chief Technology Officer, NYC
Are there others?

Actually I was only aware of Amanda. I didn't know she was getting paid for it.

That's good to know and puts everything in perspective.

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
On the one hand it seems to get some praise from certain media outlets

The main one I know of is Amanda of The Daily Decrypt who was (is?) paid by Dash to promote it. Another is 'Juan S. Galt' (I'm not sure his affiliation) who was also paid by Dash. Are there others?

Nevertheless, do your own homework. Reach your own conclusions. This is crypto. "Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear" (Poe)
Yeah okay, thanks. That's kinda what I thought.

I've always been a little bit on the fence about it. On the one hand it seems to get some praise from certain media outlets, but on the other hand it seems to get a lot of community disapproval.
legendary

For small-size trading where you try to time the market and don't need to worry much about liquidity, it can be as good as anything else.
legendary
It's a common practice of shitcoins that have their Cripplemined Fastmine and other scams brought to light to retaliate against any coin communities that don't observe the green wall of silence ("scam and let scam") using nonsense and overblown accusations. Monero isn't anywhere near the first to engage in such behavior and won't be the last.

Oh look, somebody created a new thread mocking and pointing out the hypocrisy of this monero troll thread...

Why the bitmonero/monero Ninjalaunched Cripplemined Fastmine matters
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1435385.0;topicseen

If you loved ripple, you'll kind of like dash.

Seriously, it makes sense to hodl if you were in early and are holding a lot as you can have masternodes continually collect the fees from greater fools--most people don't fit this scenario, so most likely, no.
It's a common practice of shitcoins that have their Cripplemined Fastmine and other scams brought to light to retaliate against any coin communities that don't observe the green wall of silence ("scam and let scam") using nonsense and overblown accusations. Monero isn't anywhere near the first to engage in such behavior and won't be the last.

Oh look, somebody created a new thread mocking and pointing out the hypocrisy of this monero troll thread...

legendary

Almost funny, except that the chronology doesn't work, and fortunately, you lack a time machine. Retaliation, by definition, follows.
legendary
Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

Evan had a youthful exuberance, when coupled with a lack of experience caused some mistakes to be made.

Someone youthfully exuberant would not have been able to hold back on telling the world about the development and feature plans he was so excited about and instead wait until after the instamine was entirely completed. In fact he did exactly that which shows it was likely purposeful and calculated, not accidents and mistakes.

Evan had been around crypto for at least two years or so before launching Dash. He'd see it all, including premines, hidden premines, instamines, etc. He was no beginner and he knew exactly how to play the game.

Thanks for that contribution. Still no facts that link Evan to any bad intent. Keep to the facts. All I see is an opinion, which I can respect, but opinions are not what this thread is about.

Facts:

1. Evan had at least two years of experience with crypto before launching Dash. There was no "lack of experience" as you claim. (Your statement about what "caused mistakes to be made" was opinion, by the way. I'm glad we have agreed to exclude opinion from this thread.)

2. Evan stated months ahead of the launch that he was working on a "for-profit" coin launch.

3. Evan deliberately withheld the development and feature plans until after the end of the instqamine.

4. Evan misled people about the launch schedule, launching much earlier than promised. During the first hour, over 500000 coins were mined, and in 8 hours, over a million coins.

5. Evan later cut the mining rewards and coin supply, increasing the effective size of the instamine by a factor of four or more.

6. In total, the instamine of 2 million coins represents over 30% of the current supply of Dash.

These are all objective, documented facts. No opinion. People can draw their own conclusions as to whether this was an elaborate fraud or a legitimate coin project.

legendary

A fair mine is one that distributes over a period of months or years

Don't worry. You'll get over it  Wink

You can tell when Tok makes a technically-useless, antagonistic comment by the wink.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

A fair mine is one that distributes over a period of months or years

Don't worry. You'll get over it  Wink

He applies 'fair' to the availability of the token for purchase on exchanges but neglects the non-availability of the fair availability during the instamining

I didn't "neglect" it. I accepted it.

Big difference  Wink

So you accept that dash was neither fairly or transparently launched?

Yep, Evan personally went out to each and every one of the worlds 6 billion individuals and handed them a paper wallet, you didn't get yours? That was sarcasm btw, you're chasing a fallacy because fair launches don't exist hence the reason very few (other than the perpetually irrational) give a shit, be it with Bitcoin, Dash, whatever, they all started off worthless.

Equating pricking one's finger to someone's guts blown out with hollow point bullets is batshit insane and Bullshit Bingo.

A fair mine is one that distributes over a period of months or years, not 30% of the coins in less than 48 hours with numerous lies to the community along the way to further confuse any attempts to mine it.

As I said, I know one of your supporters who was mining from the start and he was only able to get 500 DRK (of the 1.9 million instamined) because of this bullshit. Are you claiming you had 3800 people mining the instamine.  Roll Eyes

He applies 'fair' to the availability of the token for purchase on exchanges but neglects the non-availability of the fair availability during the instamining

Big difference  Wink

That is not even the most damning accusation; which rather is that Evan is continuing to not be transparent about the launch, which appears to be a violation of securities law in Evan's jurisdiction of residence and citizenship.
Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

Big difference  Wink

Yep, Evan personally went out to each and every one of the worlds 6 billion individuals and handed them a paper wallet, you didn't get yours? That was sarcasm btw, you're chasing a fallacy because fair launches don't exist hence the reason very few (other than the perpetually irrational) give a shit, be it with Bitcoin, Dash, whatever, they all started off worthless.
legendary

Big difference  Wink

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

Big difference  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: