Pages:
Author

Topic: Why the fuck do we still use cash? - page 3. (Read 6679 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
June 20, 2014, 03:56:18 AM
Despite all my interest in cryptocurrencies cash still remains my favorite. Helps me to control how much i spend.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
June 20, 2014, 03:51:12 AM
People in Murica barely use cash. But there is a bunch of countries who are just getting there or are not even close.
Personally i prefer to see some actual money inside my wallet, when i open it.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
June 20, 2014, 12:18:00 AM
why use cash?  i try not too but it's just so dang convenient.  perhaps in another 15-20 years (hopefully sooner) there will be so many crypto-currencies for so many different things and accepted by everybody.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
June 20, 2014, 12:04:25 AM
If you live or travel to a place where most people use taxis, they pretty much hate everything except for cash.   This is because often times they have to pay a lot of fees, and also sometimes have to wait to get their money when people pay with credit cards.

BTC would be cool for taxi drivers and tipping...All the money would actually go to the drivers
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin
June 19, 2014, 08:52:14 PM
From a merchant standpoint, cash = no fees. From a consumer standpoint, some level of anonymity with purchases. And some business still take only cash, as ancient as it sounds. My favorite Thai restaurant is cash only. Smiley

There are costs associated with cash. For example employees can make mistakes giving change or steal from the register both of these can add up
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
June 19, 2014, 07:22:20 PM
Germans have a saying - "nur bares ist wahres", which means only cash is the real thing! and i think is true, this feeling - for a merchant or consumer, a pile of cash makes you feel secure in a way no other format does.. Grin
Well, I actually have to disagree. A pile of physical goods makes me feel secure, instead of a pile of paper. I'd rather have 1 gram of gold than 10 pounds worth of paper.

If the world was predictable, however, a pile of cash would be a good thing for normal folk. Sadly, it's not, and as such, physical things that keep their value make me feel better than a bunch of hyper-volatile paper or plastic, depending on where you're form.

Now, if the paper has value, I'd feel secure, and a pile would be comforting. But I'd switch it to some other capital investment as soon as possible.

Just my opinion. I may just be a dumb westerner.
Activity: 350
Merit: 254
June 19, 2014, 09:32:43 AM
Germans have a saying - "nur bares ist wahres", which means only cash is the real thing! and i think is true, this feeling - for a merchant or consumer, a pile of cash makes you feel secure in a way no other format does.. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!
June 17, 2014, 03:22:42 PM
From a merchant standpoint, cash = no fees. From a consumer standpoint, some level of anonymity with purchases. And some business still take only cash, as ancient as it sounds. My favorite Thai restaurant is cash only. Smiley
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
June 17, 2014, 03:04:23 PM
Cash payment have the lowest fee for local trade.
Activity: 294
June 17, 2014, 02:56:03 PM

well i also wanna get a qr code tattoo on my palm. but i doubt that any qr code reader would be able to read it.

Cool idea, BUT don't get that tattoo (or any tattoo) on your palm! The ink fades and bleeds together much faster than other places on your body rendering the qr code unreadable in short order.

Get that mofo tattooed on your forehead  Wink

Activity: 176
June 17, 2014, 02:01:26 PM
Cash is extremely useful for quick transactions. Some places are still cash only, even. It's faster than credit cards for a lot of POS transactions (think convenience stores). And sometimes you want to remain anonymous...

The cost of using cash is usually less then it is for most other payment methods, especially with lower cost items.
plus cash doesn't leave a trail, every digital payment has a transaction attached to it.
When IPV6 is implemented world wide and every citizen of the world is assigned an IP the transaction trail just gets clearer.

Reason why anon coin such as darkcoin is gaining attention.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
June 17, 2014, 11:51:29 AM
Cash is extremely useful for quick transactions. Some places are still cash only, even. It's faster than credit cards for a lot of POS transactions (think convenience stores). And sometimes you want to remain anonymous...

The cost of using cash is usually less then it is for most other payment methods, especially with lower cost items.
plus cash doesn't leave a trail, every digital payment has a transaction attached to it.
When IPV6 is implemented world wide and every citizen of the world is assigned an IP the transaction trail just gets clearer.
Activity: 448
It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin
June 14, 2014, 07:04:43 PM

Activity: 490
June 08, 2014, 04:52:47 PM
We have cash yet because it is only so recently that we have things like smartphones widespread.
And I think that for cash to disappear we would at least have to have internet everywhere. how would you give your kid school money in the car?
Activity: 658
Buy and sell bitcoins,
June 08, 2014, 04:43:36 PM
legendary
Activity: 1522
www.bitkong.com
June 07, 2014, 11:25:25 PM
Because when everything goes online, you have people doing a huge amount of attacks to steal this online money. Bitcoin's value is purely based off of nothing. Originally, money was backed up my precious metals.
Activity: 232
June 07, 2014, 10:48:01 PM
when we already have crypto currencies, master cards, paypal and other shit, why do we use cash?

As a matter of fact, many governments WANT to try to abolish paper money because it is bad for them. People can do illegal shit, can earn money without paying taxes, are anonymous ect.

Online cash (paypal, CCs ect) are perfectly traceable and the governments LOVE that.

maybe I'm wrong but the governments love paper money because they can print as much as they want? so I think it's impossible they want to abolish paper money.

You don't need to print it to increase the supply, you can just do it electronically. 

That's why I love bitcoin. The government can't increase the supply as they want.
Now I wonder why many governments do not fully support bitcoin. hhe
Activity: 406
June 07, 2014, 10:07:04 PM
when we already have crypto currencies, master cards, paypal and other shit, why do we use cash?

As a matter of fact, many governments WANT to try to abolish paper money because it is bad for them. People can do illegal shit, can earn money without paying taxes, are anonymous ect.

Online cash (paypal, CCs ect) are perfectly traceable and the governments LOVE that.

maybe I'm wrong but the governments love paper money because they can print as much as they want? so I think it's impossible they want to abolish paper money.

You don't need to print it to increase the supply, you can just do it electronically. 
Activity: 714
Merit: 503
June 07, 2014, 10:06:20 PM
altough i see in cryptocurrency a high potential
i still prefer cash
if you eliminate cash goverments can take the total control
Activity: 812
June 07, 2014, 10:02:15 PM

Because Crypto, Cards etc. are still not accepted everywhere and people feel more comfortable dealing in cash plus dealing in cash doesn't require a great deal of knowledge on how to use it, you purchase something and you pay the amount, done, which isn't same with other forms of money. One needs to have certain understanding on how to use crypto currencies or paypal or cards. which is why most people still use cash.
Pages:
Jump to: