Pages:
Author

Topic: Why the fuck do we still use cash? - page 6. (Read 6679 times)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100
May 24, 2014, 03:20:23 PM
feeless?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
May 24, 2014, 03:02:54 PM
Baby steps.  I mean can we at least get rid of the penny?!?!  I mean seriously, if it can't buy anything, and no vending machine accepts it, get rid of the damn thing already.  Even Japan, they have a 1 Yen coin.  1 Yen, what the hell can you buy with 1 Yen?  At least that coin feels like a piece of plastic, the penny costs way too much to manufacture.  And don't even let me get started with Canada.  Oh fuck you Canada and your loonie and toonies.  Nothing worse than being a man, buying something from the store, and getting a half pound of coins as change. 

If you find 1909-1982 pennies you can arbitrage it.  Collect them and sell it for the copper weight

I seen the old man on Pawn Stars do this, had like 500 pounds of pennies hidden  Cheesy

Same with old quarters or war nickels but those are pretty tough to find these days.  I know places sell junk silver but is there anywhere to even sell pennies? 
May 24, 2014, 03:01:23 PM
Baby steps.  I mean can we at least get rid of the penny?!?!  I mean seriously, if it can't buy anything, and no vending machine accepts it, get rid of the damn thing already.  Even Japan, they have a 1 Yen coin.  1 Yen, what the hell can you buy with 1 Yen?  At least that coin feels like a piece of plastic, the penny costs way too much to manufacture.  And don't even let me get started with Canada.  Oh fuck you Canada and your loonie and toonies.  Nothing worse than being a man, buying something from the store, and getting a half pound of coins as change. 
Not that bad. Use a card to minimise change, or be accurate with your payment.

If you give them 3 $100 for a $10 item, no wonder they give you change.

They also give you like 7 coins, and those together are less than an ounce...

Why would you give someone 3 $100 for a $10 item?  When you have $1 and $2 coins, any change under $5 is going to be ALL in coins.  It's plain stupid.  I carry a wallet not a purse.  I know why they do it (coins last longer than bills) but it's still really inconvenient.  And you don't think a 1 Yen coin is fucking dumb?  Seriously, give me one practical use for it other than throwing it in a fountain and making a wish.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
May 24, 2014, 10:11:23 AM
Not that bad. Use a card to minimise change, or be accurate with your payment.

If you give them 3 $100 for a $10 item, no wonder they give you change.

They also give you like 7 coins, and those together are less than an ounce...
Activity: 784
May 24, 2014, 12:26:38 AM

If you find 1909-1982 pennies you can arbitrage it.  Collect them and sell it for the copper weight
May 23, 2014, 06:03:28 PM
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
May 23, 2014, 03:55:04 PM
There is a huge shadow economy. For example 'black' work where the governement doesn't get it cut. As long as this excists there will be cash.
Activity: 784
May 23, 2014, 03:25:47 AM
Hookers only accept cash
Activity: 173
Merit: 101
May 23, 2014, 02:54:07 AM
Cash is still the most trusted form of currency for half the globe.

Count me in that half. Until Bitcoin really takes off, cash is the _only_ form of currency that I trust.
Activity: 185
May 22, 2014, 07:31:14 PM
Cash is still the most trusted form of currency for half the globe.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
May 22, 2014, 06:19:46 PM
I have a feeling it will not be too long until cash will be looked at as something of an ancient thing.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
World Class Cryptonaire
May 22, 2014, 02:55:59 PM
Go buy a hotdog on the street shop and pay him with paypal
LOL, now yes i got your point. bt why do we still use cash for larger transactions?

Describe "large"

I personally rarely use cash anymore. From food to gas to buying something else, I use my debit/CC's. In the very near future I hope to use my Bit/Lite cards Wink.

I rarely use cash as well. Especially for "large" purchases, which is pretty much anything over $20 for me. Who would want to have to continually go to the bank for more cash, or carry around that many bills? I think most people use debit/cc for the majority of "large" purchases. Anyone pay their mortgage or rent with cash recently?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
May 22, 2014, 12:32:20 PM
Cash is something that will ALWAYS be used because of its simplicity
+ A simplicity that we still need it ,i love bitcoin but i still like ti use cash ,cash is anonymous and widely accepted, and has zero transaction cost.
Cash has a transaction cost. There are costs in counting it, safeguarding it, watching for disappearance from workers, etc. Benefits of cash include that that it doesn't bounce, no creditcard company for a consumer to dispute the charge, clears instantly.
Activity: 994
Merit: 441
May 22, 2014, 12:15:18 PM
+ A simplicity that we still need it ,i love bitcoin but i still like ti use cash ,cash is anonymous and widely accepted, and has zero transaction cost.
Activity: 181
May 22, 2014, 11:34:28 AM

yes.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
May 22, 2014, 10:28:48 AM
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 22, 2014, 10:16:31 AM
you can escape taxes with cash
Activity: 167
May 22, 2014, 08:49:38 AM
It is so that crypto currencies r a new concept compared to cash. It has its advtanges over cash like universility, security, etc But these advantages need time to spread among all people nd places.

Need infrastructure in place to accept btc.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049
May 22, 2014, 07:24:33 AM
It is so that crypto currencies r a new concept compared to cash. It has its advtanges over cash like universility, security, etc But these advantages need time to spread among all people nd places.
Activity: 686
May 21, 2014, 07:03:08 PM
when we already have crypto currencies, master cards, paypal and other shit, why do we use cash?
majority of people in the world still use cash
Pages:
Jump to: