Pages:
Author

Topic: Why the monero/bitmonero/MRO/BMR/XMR Ninjalaunched Cripplemined Fastmine matters - page 10. (Read 13661 times)

legendary
Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000
i think it's fair to call DASH a instamine but to be completely accurate it would be a "accidental instamine".

That is was "accidental" is unproven (and by many, disbelieved), so you are scamming investors (and just being flat out dishonest) when you claim that is "completely accurate" and state the same as a fact.

As for the so-called "cripplemine" I don't even know what you mean by that made up term, nor particularly care. The nature of this thread is quite clear.

you're playing word games again smooth.
i could just as easily say...That it was "not accidental" is unproven.
it was not an intentional instamine in the sense that it was not "sold as" a instamine stlye distribution coin but that it accidentally happened and was fixed.

DASH fits TBCM's first definition of a (accidental) instamine.
When a coin is born, if the initial difficulty to get a block is too low, you can get a ton of coins (blocks) really fast if you get in early. The coin is instantly mined.

TBCM's second  definition of instamine more fits with what i would call a POS fastmine but it's not clearly defined either way. when does a instamine become a fastmine? How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? the world may never know!
Similarly, when a coin is mined to almost completion in a very short period of time some people consider it's been instamined as well.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Does everyone in the dash community just throw shit against the wall and hope it sticks?

No there are a few rational and honest ones, but MasterMined710, specifically, is a dishonest and often incoherent scam protector and pumper.

i would not trust one word mastermined710 says.

I was on the xcoin(dash) captive instamine launch. I was there in real time and watched it unfold.

He now tries to deny things that happened  actually happened  on that launch. He is not to be trusted.

Although, this is not a dash/xcoin/dark thread I will not go into it here. I will only say if you want examples of his lies then please contact me for details.

This person is either a total scammer or likes to try and destroy the truth with nuances that are laughable. His tactic is to say he is telling the truth so that the real truth that is a correct and proper picture is distorted and cast in doubt.

He is making this thread only to divert from the dash scam thread.

He is a scam protector and pumper.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Evan working and being funded by the NSA would be my worst case for that scenario.
funny you should mention that. while there is no proof or even accusation that evan is working with or funded by the NSA there is this....

http://web.archive.org/web/20141106091836/http://www.cryptobang.com/2014/10/05/what-nsa-created-cryptonote-for/

Nice try to change the subject after your failed accusation that Monero people invented the instamine phrase to dovetail dash into that inglorious and shabby category of coin's that fail the distribution test, but as anyone who knows even the tiniest bit about the history of encryption will point out, the NSA had their hand in the development of most early encryption, so pointing to their involvement in any modern encryption that has stood the test of time is like pointing to the USA's rocket program after WWII and saying it's part of a NEO-NAZI plot because, "Look at all the Germans!"

Does everyone in the dash community just throw shit against the wall and hope it sticks? Now that your instamine attack failed, you're on to the NSA, and now that that's failed, let me guess Monero Dice? Just an endless parade of BS. Here's a hint. If you can't make an accusation in a thread last past the first five two pages without being debunked, it's probably a waste of everyone's time.
legendary
Evan working and being funded by the NSA would be my worst case for that scenario.
funny you should mention that. while there is no proof or even accusation that evan is working with or funded by the NSA there is this....

http://web.archive.org/web/20141106091836/http://www.cryptobang.com/2014/10/05/what-nsa-created-cryptonote-for/
legendary
LOL that you think anyone cares or is every going to care about MasterMined710's made up terms.

By contrast (and indicating how pointless this troll thread is), I didn't make up the term "instamine". There are multiple threads calling out the massive DRK instamine scam before I even knew what the hell a DRK was.
non responsive but apology accepted!
legendary

~1.5 million monero mined with optimized miners while dev team pushed a crippled miner on everyone else.

where you pull this out?

from smooth's post, he admitted it was at least 1.37 million.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13018553

Please read the linked post. That is "total coins mined" (by everyone in the entire world) during a two month time period, which is very different from your claim, in fact it contradicts it.

confusing, so you are now saying there was not "1.37 million" monero cripplemined?
also, i'm not sure what "total coins mined" has to do with the cripplemine.

i'm claiming (based on your own post) that ~1.5 million moneros were "cripplemined".
i don't see how that "contradicts" anything that you yourself have not already admitted.

i'm not claiming that 1.5 million monero was "instamined" i'm saying they were cripplemined. i think you are confusing the monero "fastmine" with the monero "cripplemine". they are two different problems.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
lol

Ive seen this tactic exactly in use in one other nick, blockafett.

legendary

~1.5 million monero mined with optimized miners while dev team pushed a crippled miner on everyone else.

where you pull this out?

Please read the linked post. That is "total coins mined" (by everyone in the entire world) during a two month time period, which is very different from your claim, in fact it contradicts it.

EDIT: Let's quote the entire analysis, since it is relevant here:

By the time I got into it, developer "NoodleDoodle" (hey, this is crypto, people can pick whatever names they want -- Satoshi Nakamoto?) had already untwisted the first "de-optimization" with the AES encryption key.

By the 14th of May, we were 45% of the total hashing power on the coin. .. I think we exceeded 60% of the net hash of the coin at a few points

In the end, our game continued into July -- almost two months

We spent over a quarter of a million dollars renting cloud compute time

I don't personally own any, nor do I hold any Bitcoin - I mine and sell for the most part, to minimize my risk exposure.

Summary:

1. NoodleDoodle's commit was May 7, so the start of dga's mining was after May 7, or 19 days after launch. We know his hash rate reached 4045% by May 14, or 26 days after launch. i.e. during most of the first month he wasn't mining at all.

2. Clearly his hash rate was below 50% for much of the time and only rarely (and not even with certainty) above 60%. There is no evidence it ever reached anything close to 90%, and certainly it wasn't close to that for any consistent period.

3. "Almost" two months, not three months.

4. He kept none of it.

This allows us to narrow down the maximum amount of coins mined by dga and his backers pretty closely:

Months 2-3 total coins mined was 1.37 million. Their likely overall share of roughly 50% makes that 685k. It could have been a little higher but we know from the above quote that they mined for less than two months so this seems a reasonable estimate. Which comes to right around 6.85% of the current supply.

If anyone thinks that a group of large miners and smart coders spending >$250K (plus a lot of coding work) to mine and sell 6.85% of the current supply during the second and third months of a coin launch is a disaster, then yes you should stay away from Monero.
legendary

where you pull this out?

legendary
Pretty sad that no one bothered to mine

Eyewitness accounts differ

BTW I still have a wallet what contains a few dozens of moneros what I've mined in the first few days with a doggy dual core laptop. The emission curve was also subject of a long debate.

But then, the entire motive and premise of this thread has been debunked by another eyewitness:

HOWEVER - i would not trust one word mastermined710 says.

I was on the xcoin(dash) captive instamine launch. I was there in real time and watched it unfold.

He now tries to deny things that happened  actually happened  on that launch. He is not to be trusted.

Although, this is not a dash/xcoin/dark thread I will not go into it here. I will only say if you want examples of his lies then please contact me for details.

This person is either a total scammer or likes to try and destroy the truth with nuances that are laughable. His tactic is to say he is telling the truth so that the real truth that is a correct and proper picture is distorted and cast in doubt.

He is making this thread only to divert from the dash scam thread.

He is a scam protector and pumper.
Activity: 465
Merit: 250

Ah yes, that's a classic!
Anyone associated (most likely the devs themselves) with the people running an ultra illegal and morally despicable botnet to mine Monero will undeniably become subject to criminal investigation. And rightfully so.
Pretty sad that no one bothered to mine this shitcoin so they artificially inflated their hashrate by abusing innocent malware victims with this disgusting and pathetic tactic.

Monero - Is it a currency or a virus? Better scan your computer now!
legendary
Monero Ninja Launch:
There were multiple threads started in the wrong place so dev team could benefit before most even knew it had been launched. The Monero ANN thread is not the original ANN thread (true sign of a scam coin) some say the name (Bitmonero) was changed to (monero) cover up the launch issues and association with original acknowledge scam dev.

This part is surely bollocks. I'm not a big monero fan, but BS is BS. I've seen the launch from the very beginning and it was properly communicated, well known event. Everybody who wanted was able to take part.
BTW I still have a wallet what contains a few dozens of moneros what I've mined in the first few days with a doggy dualcore laptop. The emission curve was also subject of a long debate.

It's a common practice of shitcoins that have their instamines and other scams brought to light to retaliate against any coin communities that don't observe the green wall of silence ("scam and let scam") using nonsense and overblown accusations. Dash isn't anywhere near the first to engage in such behavior and won't be the last.
Activity: 465
Merit: 250
Monero - Cloning the premined uber-scam "Bytecoin" and avoid scanning the code for fraudulent algorithms
Monero - Insisting on having oh so much integrity yet irresponsibly/willfully shipping a crippled shit-miner to unsuspecting victims/"users"
Monero - Ninjamining an unknown shit-ton of coins within our inner circle through optimized miners while the public gets the crippled one
Monero - The perfect instrument for ninjamining because our CryptoNote-blockchain (aka copycat technology) is opaque
Monero - Projecting our fraud on DASH and yelling "instamine" because no one can see that we are the actual scammers!
Monero - Evan should have chosen CryptoNote for DASH to hide his 5 trillion DASH instamine like we did with our ninjamine!
Monero - Failing to come up with a single innovation of our own and yelling "stop playing the innovation card" when DASH is proven as superior (butthurt)

Monero - Cloning a scam, putting make up on the pig, hoping no one notices

Monero - Too little, too late

Monero -  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1512
Monero Ninja Launch:
There were multiple threads started in the wrong place so dev team could benefit before most even knew it had been launched. The Monero ANN thread is not the original ANN thread (true sign of a scam coin) some say the name (Bitmonero) was changed to (monero) cover up the launch issues and association with original acknowledge scam dev.

This part is surely bollocks. I'm not a big monero fan, but BS is BS. I've seen the launch from the very beginning and it was properly communicated, well known event. Everybody who wanted was able to take part.
BTW I still have a wallet what contains a few dozens of moneros what I've mined in the first few days with a doggy dualcore laptop. The emission curve was also subject of a long debate.
legendary

where you pull this out?

Emission till end of May was about 1 milion coins. I started mining about 20th may and difficulty was really hard and all miners were out.

At about that time, a bit before and latter, that guy David Andersen ( some professor on some USA university he is also on this forum and made post about it) optimized miner and rented lots of mining power to mine XMR and instantly dump it on Poloniex.

so if even he mined huge part of those 1 million XMR i have no ideas where you got 1.5 million number.

He's using the date range from the blog post from dga who worked for some whale miners to optimize the code and had a high network share until July or so (at a cost of $100K/month I think) and assuming all the coins mined up until that point are attributable to unfair cripple mining.

However, he is conveniently ignoring the other info (including from that very same blog post) that allows you to objectively reduce by a large amount the total coins, and also supports that the developers of Monero had nothing to do with the original probably-deliberately crippled code. For example, in the blog post it is stated that he didn't even start working on optimizing until after the first (most probable) of the alleged crippling had already been removed by NoodleDoodle, so that takes off the first 2 1/2 weeks, etc.

If you analyze it in the other direction and treat dga's group as being "known mining" and work backwards to how much of the unknown mining could have been captured by unknown parties using unfair means (possibly devs, possibly others), again you get a much smaller number.

PS:
It is to hard to find his article where he posted all how it happened. i remember par of time he was on vacations with family. but i found this ethical dilemma he got into on 20th April: http://prntscr.com/arqyjz

That one has nothing to do with Monero since mentions memory use and he never optimized Monero's memory use. He also worked on a bunch of other coins (definitely PTS, not sure which others) so he must have been talking about one of those.
legendary
one entity who mined enough to break anonymity using the research from MRL1.

Which won't work after the version 2 fork.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
This thread is such a lie.  Anyone who investigates the truth of the Monero launch will understand that its release was fairer than 99% of all coins out there, and that the very, very small amount of benefit that certain people got over others early on was caused by the fact that it was initially forked from Bytecoin, and thus its miner was forked from a mining software who purpose was to fake a 2 year history of the coin.   

The ones who profited from this are not the current dev team, but rather a couple of individuals who optimized the miner and then mined and sold the Monero they made, putting these coins out into the hands of many.

While I don't necessarily disagree with you, as the Monero Devs have been pretty up front and honest about everything from the GUI to the low probability of any coin (including XMR) being successful enough to overtake BTC let alone gold, fiat, ect.), we should be fair to the Dashers as our estimates of what happened with their instamine are based on a probable case that they probably feel is a worst case--though Evan working and being funded by the NSA would be my worst case for that scenario. So just using numbers and facts, what is the most coins that could been mined with the crippled miners and who could they have belonged to? The worst case being one entity who mined enough to break anonymity using the research from MRL1.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
This thread is such a lie.  Anyone who investigates the truth of the Monero launch will understand that its release was fairer than 99% of all coins out there, and that the very, very small amount of benefit that certain people got over others early on was caused by the fact that it was initially forked from Bytecoin, and thus its miner was forked from a mining software who purpose was to fake a 2 year history of the coin.   

The ones who profited from this are not the current dev team, but rather a couple of individuals who optimized the miner and then mined and sold the Monero they made, putting these coins out into the hands of many.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
Monero has a highly inflationary emission curve where around half the coins were mined in the first year and will have "Roughly 86% mined in 4 years".

Exactly. If 7 milion of Monero was mined in first year that means that there is not unusual to have 1 million mined in first  month and a half.

On other hand

It will take DASH ~ another 20 years to get to 86%.

I failed to find how much Dash was mined first year compared to first month and a half. Do you maybe have a link to some fully working "dash chain explorer"?

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

where you pull this out?

Emission till end of May was about 1 milion coins. I started mining about 20th may and difficulty was really hard and all miners were out.

At about that time, a bit before and latter, that guy David Andersen ( some professor on some USA university he is also on this forum and made post about it) optimized miner and rented lots of mining power to mine XMR and instantly dump it on Poloniex.

so if even he mined huge part of those 1 million XMR i have no ideas where you got 1.5 million number.

PS:
It is to hard to find his article where he posted all how it happened. i remember par of time he was on vacations with family. but i found this ethical dilemma he got into on 20th April: http://prntscr.com/arqyjz
Pages:
Jump to: