Pages:
Author

Topic: Why the monero/bitmonero/MRO/BMR/XMR Ninjalaunched Cripplemined Fastmine matters - page 9. (Read 13661 times)

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

like i said that is not an argument ... you don´t leave your wallet at the window in front of the street either and wonder when you get robbed... if you invest in monero its your money... and like i said ONLY your responsibility how to do that secure... ur adult... some of you got kids ... they dont come with some fancy GUI or manual...

so act in the cryptoscene like you would everywhere else... with the bidden caution....
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Why are all the Monero guys in here talking about DASH? This thread is about the questionable XMR launch. Let's stay on topic.

So the fastmine/high initial emission of XMR, combined with the refusal to create an official GUI wallet for easy public use does seem very scammy.

Also, the Monero devs claim they didn't know about the scam miner they were pushing off on the public. If that is true, what other parts of their copy/paste coin do they not understand?

It's one thing for novices to copy (well known) bitcoin, but copying something like bytecoin that is brand new, a scam, and includes fraudulent code is pretty irresponsible.

Smooth or one of the other Devs can talk about what happened at the launch, but the lack of GUI is one of the least scammy things ever--who builds a scam an makes it only appeal to those who understand opensource or are comfortable with line command? That would immediately put your coin under the scrutiny to those most knowledgeable about coding, as they are the people most comfortable with line command--so not exactly a wise move if you're trying to scam people--kind of like making a wine and only selling it at wine competitions (if it's lousy, it's going to be apparent all the more quickly, and vocally so). The first thing every scam ever does is put out some bitcoin wallet, slap their name on it and say "Look how cool our wallet is? We must be legitimate, right?" The Monero Devs are wise to build the coin, then the wallet, and then market it.

The reason to make it harder to use (by not having an official GUI) is to keep the coins for insiders, and wait to release the official GUI until after coin emission has drastically slowed, which is exactly what is happening.

Is it? Because last time I checked there was a online wallet and most of the people who aren't comfortable with command line just keep there's on Polo.

last time i checked people from your own community are advising against keeping large amounts on that webwallet and in general it is considered unsafe to keep your coins longterm on an exchange.  

And they're right--they also advise using one of the many GUIs and wallet generators too--doesn't mean that people are likely to follow that advice. I'd advice learning line command, boning up on cryptosystems and how they should be built and becoming an early adopter not a reactive speculator, but do you think people will listen to me?

So this is your narrative: that Monero has eschewed the pressure to build an official GUI over many, many months only to keep out those people who are demanding an official GUI before they can validate Monero as an investment--sorry to say I don't believe this is the case, but if it were, I'd tell those people they are pricing-in their demand. It's kind of like blaming Oculus Rift for their beta kits being cheaper than the for-consumer model--though for all anyone knows Monero won't budge when the official GUI hits and those people can see the consumer model in all its glory for the same price it is today (or even less, who knows?).

My narrative is very simple, developing an officially supported GUI wallet seems to have been a low priority for Monero for a long time. From a safety point of view thats questionable as people who are not familiar with cli wallets start to look for and use less safe alternatives. Thats pretty much all my narrative at the moment.    

So your like the cryptocurrency safety police? Maybe, like experimental planes and other technologies, only those with a willingness to learn or who have the ability to understand the ins and outs of the technology should be using the new technology. Maybe instead of pushing out some wallet borrowed from another coin and slapping your name on it, the developers should make sure the coin works as advertised and there aren't hidden things like faulty algos or weird emissions or privacy concerns or OSPEC concerns, BEFORE they say they are going to change the world and go full infomercial with their untested and unreviewed crapcoin-- I mean for the sake of safety.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
Why are all the Monero guys in here talking about DASH? This thread is about the questionable XMR launch. Let's stay on topic.

So the fastmine/high initial emission of XMR, combined with the refusal to create an official GUI wallet for easy public use does seem very scammy.

Also, the Monero devs claim they didn't know about the scam miner they were pushing off on the public. If that is true, what other parts of their copy/paste coin do they not understand?

It's one thing for novices to copy (well known) bitcoin, but copying something like bytecoin that is brand new, a scam, and includes fraudulent code is pretty irresponsible.

Smooth or one of the other Devs can talk about what happened at the launch, but the lack of GUI is one of the least scammy things ever--who builds a scam an makes it only appeal to those who understand opensource or are comfortable with line command? That would immediately put your coin under the scrutiny to those most knowledgeable about coding, as they are the people most comfortable with line command--so not exactly a wise move if you're trying to scam people--kind of like making a wine and only selling it at wine competitions (if it's lousy, it's going to be apparent all the more quickly, and vocally so). The first thing every scam ever does is put out some bitcoin wallet, slap their name on it and say "Look how cool our wallet is? We must be legitimate, right?" The Monero Devs are wise to build the coin, then the wallet, and then market it.

The reason to make it harder to use (by not having an official GUI) is to keep the coins for insiders, and wait to release the official GUI until after coin emission has drastically slowed, which is exactly what is happening.

Is it? Because last time I checked there was a online wallet and most of the people who aren't comfortable with command line just keep there's on Polo.

last time i checked people from your own community are advising against keeping large amounts on that webwallet and in general it is considered unsafe to keep your coins longterm on an exchange.  

And they're right--they also advise using one of the many GUIs and wallet generators too--doesn't mean that people are likely to follow that advice. I'd advice learning line command, boning up on cryptosystems and how they should be built and becoming an early adopter not a reactive speculator, but do you think people will listen to me?

So this is your narrative: that Monero has eschewed the pressure to build an official GUI over many, many months only to keep out those people who are demanding an official GUI before they can validate Monero as an investment--sorry to say I don't believe this is the case, but if it were, I'd tell those people they are pricing-in their demand. It's kind of like blaming Oculus Rift for their beta kits being cheaper than the for-consumer model--though for all anyone knows Monero won't budge when the official GUI hits and those people can see the consumer model in all its glory for the same price it is today (or even less, who knows?).

My narrative is very simple, developing an officially supported GUI wallet seems to have been a low priority for Monero for a long time. From a safety point of view thats questionable as people who are not familiar with cli wallets start to look for and use less safe alternatives. Thats pretty much all my narrative at the moment.    
legendary

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

Last time i checked people from your own community are advising against keeping large amounts on that webwallet and in general it is considered unsafe to keep your coins longterm on an exchange.  
From a safety point of view developing an officially supported GUI so people can store their own coins in an easy and safe way offline is pretty much mandatory from the start and most certainly should
not linger for more then two years .. and then still not have an ETA.

Exactly. I suspect now that the XMR emission has slowed significantly that the official GUI will soon become a priority for the monero crew.
Activity: 768
Merit: 505

Last time i checked people from your own community are advising against keeping large amounts on that webwallet and in general it is considered unsafe to keep your coins longterm on an exchange.  
From a safety point of view developing an officially supported GUI so people can store their own coins in an easy and safe way offline is pretty much mandatory from the start and most certainly should

thats is bullshit logic.... i think this i all about cash.... be it FIAT or the next E-Cash/Digital Cash whatever.... so is it asked to much that people maybe try to learn sth if they want to buy something like monero?....  the CLI is as safe as it can be at the moment... how can you people handle to sign contracts IRL without a GUI?

You are fucking adults with responsibilities ... why do you need hand keeping when its about YOUR OWN MONEY..... the help in the CLI is good enough
legendary

legendary

legendary
Interesting topic, it even has a bit of bad karma to it  Wink

This is why people who troll other cryptocurrencies (for example Dash) with their instamine history really should know better,
specially when Monero itself has a history of fastmine / instamine. Its bound to backfire at some point.
I guess we arrived at that "some point".

Lets also stop labeling everyone who brings up Monero's instamine / fastmine history as "a scammer", it is such a weak way of dealing with a discussion.
(and yes, i'm looking at you smooth)
legendary

Smooth or one of the other Devs can talk about what happened at the launch, but the lack of GUI is one of the least scammy things ever--who builds a scam and makes it only appeal to those who understand opensource or are comfortable with line command? That would immediately put your coin under the scrutiny of those most knowledgeable about coding, as they are the people most comfortable with line command--so not exactly a wise move if you're trying to scam people--kind of like making a wine and only selling it at wine competitions (if it's lousy, it's going to be apparent all the more quickly, and vocally so). The first thing every scam ever does is put out some bitcoin wallet, slap their name on it and say "Look how cool our wallet is? We must be legitimate, right?" The Monero Devs are wise to build the coin, then the wallet, and then market it.

legendary
i think it's fair to call DASH a instamine but to be completely accurate it would be a "accidental instamine".

That is was "accidental" is unproven (and by many, disbelieved), so you are scamming investors (and just being flat out dishonest) when you claim that is "completely accurate" and state the same as a fact.

As for the so-called "cripplemine" I don't even know what you mean by that made up term, nor particularly care. The nature of this thread is quite clear.

i would not trust one word mastermined710 says.

I was on the xcoin(dash) captive instamine launch. I was there in real time and watched it unfold.

He now tries to deny things that happened  actually happened  on that launch. He is not to be trusted.

Although, this is not a dash/xcoin/dark thread I will not go into it here. I will only say if you want examples of his lies then please contact me for details.

This person is either a total scammer or likes to try and destroy the truth with nuances that are laughable. His tactic is to say he is telling the truth so that the real truth that is a correct and proper picture is distorted and cast in doubt.

He is making this thread only to divert from the dash scam thread.

He is a scam protector and pumper.

The "Attack the Attacker" method that Scientologists (and other cultists) love to use. Classy.

I especially like that he just copy/pasted the title from https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-the-darkcoindashdashpay-instamine-matters-999886
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Was The Instamine A Positive Thing For Dash?
https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

Betteridge's law of headlines is an adage that states: "Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

This thread appears to be missing Exhibit A.

Yes exactly this. He apparently mined most of coins first 2 months so there is not much left for whoever OP accused to do a premine.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
yea we wanted to give it extra time to trickle down, so we voted to not reduce the emission by 75%  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

This thread appears to be missing Exhibit A.

...the story of how Monero was intended to be a "fair" relaunch of bytecoin and ended up swallowing whole the very core of the bytcoin 'scam' code instead, thereby allowing it to be privately mined for months courtesy of "clown central" quality control.

Never mind. I'm sure it's all been washed through markets  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
correct, TBCM was talking about coins that were "intentionally" set too low (according to his personal preferences)

As usual, more made up nonsense from you.

Here is his quoted post, in its entirety:

When a coin is born, if the initial difficulty to get a block is too low, you can get a ton of coins (blocks) really fast if you get in early. The coin is instantly mined.

Similarly, when a coin is mined to almost completion in a very short period of time some people consider it's been instamined as well.

Please show us where he indicates "intentionally" "unintentionally" or anything of the sort.

I was on the xcoin(dash) captive instamine launch. I was there in real time and watched it unfold.

He now tries to deny things that happened  actually happened  on that launch. He is not to be trusted.

Although, this is not a dash/xcoin/dark thread I will not go into it here. I will only say if you want examples of his lies then please contact me for details.

This person is either a total scammer or likes to try and destroy the truth with nuances that are laughable. His tactic is to say he is telling the truth so that the real truth that is a correct and proper picture is distorted and cast in doubt.

legendary
Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000
BTW, TBCM didn't say anything about accidental. It would fit his definition equally well if the initial difficulty were deliberately set too low. Not that I'm holding up TBCM as an authority on the definition of instamine. I just quoted that for the date, since you claimed that the term instamine was created or popularized by Monero supporters which is flatly ridiculous when it was widely discussed months before Monero existed.

correct, TBCM was talking about coins that were "intentionally" set too low (according to his personal preferences). there are plenty of Proof of stake coins that were "intentionally" instamined within a few days or weeks where "all" the coins were instamined/fastmined and then they switched to POS mining/minting. these were sold as/advertised as a feature not an accidental bug like DASH.

Was The Instamine A Positive Thing For Dash?
https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

i don't think we know who first coined the word instamine do we? are you claiming it was TBCM?
you're definitely wrong that the term instamine was not "popularized by Monero supporters". iloveanoncoin was one as you yourself pointed out. monero supporters have used/repeated the term instamine more than all the other coin communities put together, they totally "popularized" it and associated it with Darkcoin/DASH. congratulations

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
i think it's fair to call DASH a instamine but to be completely accurate it would be a "accidental instamine".

That is was "accidental" is unproven (and by many, disbelieved), so you are scamming investors (and just being flat out dishonest) when you claim that is "completely accurate" and state the same as a fact.

As for the so-called "cripplemine" I don't even know what you mean by that made up term, nor particularly care. The nature of this thread is quite clear.

you're playing word games again smooth.
i could just as easily say...That it was "not accidental" is unproven.

"Proven" is subjective, and I did not use that word above. When you "prove" something in court, for example, it is the opinion of a judge or jury that decides, based on some collection of evidence and a standard of proof.

However, if you were to say that one can not state "not accidental" as a "completely accurate" fact any more than one can state it was "accidental" as a "completely accurate" fact, I'd generally agree.

When a coin is born, if the initial difficulty to get a block is too low, you can get a ton of coins (blocks) really fast if you get in early. The coin is instantly mined.

It is somewhat close, except that unlike some instamines (generally smaller ones, such as Litecoin), Dash's instamine produced a huge number of coins not only from the difficulty adjustment, but also from the block rewards being too high, relative to what was advertised (and also relative to the overall supply).

BTW, TBCM didn't say anything about accidental. It would fit his definition equally well if the initial difficulty were deliberately set too low. Not that I'm holding up TBCM as an authority on the definition of instamine. I just quoted that for the date, since you claimed that the term instamine was created or popularized by Monero supporters which is flatly ridiculous when it was widely discussed months before Monero existed.

Of course flatly ridiculous claims coming from you is not surprising at all. We all know why we are here:

He now tries to deny things that happened  actually happened  on that launch. He is not to be trusted.

Pages:
Jump to: