Pages:
Author

Topic: Why we should fear a cashless world - page 3. (Read 9767 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 306
May 08, 2018, 03:47:05 PM
currently I am not using cash in my existing life due to credit card.. I can use easily cashless life..
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
May 08, 2018, 03:12:47 PM
Poor people and small businesses rely on cash. A contactless system will likely entrench poverty and pave the way for terrifying levels of surveillance

http://www.theguardian.com/money/commentisfree/2016/mar/21/fear-cashless-world-contactless

Discussion

I think we can't rely everything on digital currency because
most of the people today don't have enough knowledge about it yet. Also, there are places where there were no internet connections which is really important when using digital money. Cash is still convenient in our generation today.
Activity: 448
Merit: 101
May 08, 2018, 02:05:49 PM
I would not want all my money to be in the power of the bank or that he just knew about them, it's not freedom
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
May 07, 2018, 11:33:55 PM
Some many are afraid of cashless financial system. Even currently in my country so many people do not have ATM card, some do not even have bank account. So if you tell such people about digital currency it will sound so abstract and risky. It will take decades for most people to embrace cryptocurrency.
Cashless will not be forced to happen or implemented, we don't have to worry about it, of course the government will understand, they know the condition of human resources from their community, I think the government will focus more on handling poverty and educating people than confused about cashless society, do not worry about it mate
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
May 07, 2018, 10:58:22 PM
As long as banks are printing paper money it will not yet extinct and people will need to be educated first regarding on digital money before cash be removed. it will took time.
Activity: 168
Merit: 5
Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!
May 07, 2018, 07:20:48 PM
You don't have to fear a cashless world. It is not going to happen in my opinion for now. Consider that mostly internet connection is only available in bigger cities and in rich nations therefore it would be so hard to totally implement the total use of a cashless society. If implemented it would be too costly because each product adds the cost of internet connections to it. So I don't think this is really a profitable one.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
May 07, 2018, 07:16:54 PM
Poor people and small businesses rely on cash. A contactless system will likely entrench poverty and pave the way for terrifying levels of surveillance

http://www.theguardian.com/money/commentisfree/2016/mar/21/fear-cashless-world-contactless

Discussion
I am living in a developing country and in my area I am seeing even uneducated people are interested to know about bitcoin and many of them have invested their money in that currency. I am going to add that this currency is still in the early stage in my country so if it will get more place then these poor and small businesses will also adopt it and if they will adopt then there is a benefit for then to rise their business.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
May 07, 2018, 07:16:47 PM
the main problem of country and economy globally is cahsless, everyone is scared and worried about it because they can be a time bomb that can explode anytime and to overcome this is by subsidizing them.
For me we should fear a cashless world because not all people in this world can adopt how to used digital currency, and i believe that some people will still choose or will still prefer fiat or cash because it is always used by all people in this world.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
May 07, 2018, 07:06:44 PM
Cash might be more secure, since it requires someone to physically steal it from you. However, as a society, being cashless might be very valueable.

By reducing the transaction costs we can use resources on more important things, instead of using them on simply transferring funds from one place to another.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
May 07, 2018, 07:02:34 PM

Discussion
Yes, of course, we are afraid of the World without Money. Because in this world everything depends only on money. To meet our daily needs we only need money. To buy something that we want, to buy food or buy anything definitely just needed Money. That's why we can not just drop the money. Money is precious to the lives of all of us.
I do not think that we should worry about it, because in modern time as all the people are going to use internet and that is the fastest way of communication with each other, so we are expecting that it will be more easy for us to use online currencies as compare to fiat, although some people are worrying about the internet but i think that is now an important part of our life and will present forever.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 578
May 07, 2018, 09:48:00 AM
One reason why we fear the cashless world is the SCAMMERS, Right you read it correct. In this contactless world that we only have transaction thru digital world it is hard to trust person because you cant see your the person you can transact with. All of our action here in the digital world should have a responsibility of what will happen in the near future.
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
May 07, 2018, 06:43:21 AM
Some many are afraid of cashless financial system. Even currently in my country so many people do not have ATM card, some do not even have bank account. So if you tell such people about digital currency it will sound so abstract and risky. It will take decades for most people to embrace cryptocurrency.
Activity: 52
May 07, 2018, 05:00:38 AM
I guess cashless society can bring us some advantages and disadvantages as well. Some advantages maybe btc can hack right away if you did not keep your password,  phones, computers in a very safe mode. Internet connection may interup our transaction as well. But there are some advantages as well in cashless society. It can bring us more earning and fast transaction too.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
May 07, 2018, 04:53:50 AM
cashless world is crypto? if yes we dont need to afraid this, if it is not about crypto , we already almost in the cashless world, i see my money just at the bank atm screen Smiley

I agree, crypto would not be the main reason of a cashless world. Plastic cards purchases comprise over 60 percent of all in-person sales in the world already and cryptos have nothing to do with that. Nevertheless, I think cash will never disappear, like postal services have not disappeared following the wide adoption of e-mail. If something possesses unique capabilities, this thing will always be used by some people because of that.
Activity: 798
May 07, 2018, 04:35:11 AM

Discussion

I think the most important thing when we entering cashless world is about avoid from hacker. In digital world. if we dont carefull with our data, our wallet can hack by unresponsible people.
Activity: 6
May 07, 2018, 04:33:21 AM
cashless world means that every transaction you made will be traceable can be good or bad depends on what you do for a living
Activity: 700
Merit: 553
May 07, 2018, 04:15:42 AM
cashless world is crypto? if yes we dont need to afraid this, if it is not about crypto , we already almost in the cashless world, i see my money just at the bank atm screen Smiley
Activity: 553
Merit: 250
May 07, 2018, 03:54:58 AM
the main problem of country and economy globally is cahsless, everyone is scared and worried about it because they can be a time bomb that can explode anytime and to overcome this is by subsidizing them.
Activity: 252
May 07, 2018, 03:41:26 AM
I think the fact that not all people can adopt the technology bitcoin has is something that must fix first before entering a cashless society. It needs ro settle first the issue of how to teach uneducated people about bitcoin and how those people in the lower level of the society can access to internet aside from that who will regulate the currency if government can't..I think there's a lot of problem if we enter the cashless society.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
May 07, 2018, 03:16:36 AM
Right, a cashless society, although convinient with the advent of the internet will chaste people into classes. Being that the bank will decide on what class you are in your capacity to pay. Also, it's right that bsnks eill have sole control over your accounts but then again, this should have the OK of the governing body. This has the possibility of being abused by banks and state alike.
Pages:
Jump to: