Pages:
Author

Topic: Why we should fear a cashless world - page 5. (Read 9767 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 10
May 06, 2018, 09:52:39 AM
As we know that the main economic problem is cashless, but it should be able to be utilized because they are the true economic drivers, providing free education and benefits to the state to help them.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
May 06, 2018, 09:52:12 AM
I fear it because it favors people that have money especially wealthy people. Poor people are supposed to work to earn money to buy for their food but because it's a cashless society, they need to spend first for the internet and electricity to make transactions which will reduce the amount of food that they can eat.
I think most of the people uses the internet not so that's not something to be worried about and if cashless society will happen I think its understandable that everything is transacted through technology so I guess we will all adopt it little by little. They won't implement it right away just like what happened when they switched to paper money from using gold.
Activity: 700
May 06, 2018, 09:40:35 AM
Because if we lose the card, we can't buy ourselves a beer and stay sober, and that's not good.
we need that cash as a reserve for our needs, and certain moments like the sudden moment and we need them all. without cash and we just rely on the card is very difficult too.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
May 06, 2018, 09:33:40 AM
Cashless will someday happen, just like the world evolved from cowries and trade by barter. But by the time cashless happens, the world would have evolved up to that point and even the poor would have no option. At that point, it becomes a norm and nothing to be feared because sustainable systems would have evolved to dilute the fears and risks involved in a completely cashless world. But i think that is still a very long way from here.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
May 06, 2018, 09:21:26 AM
Because if we lose the card, we can't buy ourselves a beer and stay sober, and that's not good.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 06, 2018, 09:17:25 AM
At first thought cashless world has many advantages. No need for paper money anymore, lower risk for robberies and other crimes.
On the other hand in cashless world every big hacker attack or natural disaster when there is no electricity and similar would cause total chaos and we would be helpless
In despite of disadvantages we can expect big chanhes in our government and how we used to spend money. If this happens we can't do anything jist to accept what we need. Robbery would be much higher and snatching because all in one our money was in our cold wallets, gadgets and not in the bank anymore. Think of what is it too easy for bad guys to be able to catch up one person if he/she is the only one walking arounds something like that.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
May 06, 2018, 03:39:45 AM
At first thought cashless world has many advantages. No need for paper money anymore, lower risk for robberies and other crimes.
On the other hand in cashless world every big hacker attack or natural disaster when there is no electricity and similar would cause total chaos and we would be helpless
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
May 06, 2018, 03:22:48 AM
This is a very interesting discussion. All can indeed happen. And it will take a very long time if all this will happen. But this problem, I must express fear if the world without cash. I can not think how it would be if all trades use technology and the internet. While the technology and the Internet is in need of electricity. Which is a question to me, what if the electricity at that time had a two or three day interruption. Surely during that time, people can only keep silent, there will be no activity in that time. And in that time it would be a mess.
Activity: 434
May 06, 2018, 01:10:48 AM
Why should I? If the future is what we are talking about then definitely small businesses also advanced. There will be casualties along the way of improvement but in the end, advancement is inevitable. I believe everyone can ride along since it is user friendly.
Activity: 434
May 05, 2018, 11:35:14 PM
I fear it because it favors people that have money especially wealthy people. Poor people are supposed to work to earn money to buy for their food but because it's a cashless society, they need to spend first for the internet and electricity to make transactions which will reduce the amount of food that they can eat.
Activity: 196
May 05, 2018, 10:52:52 PM
I am afraid that cryptanalysis will dominate the market and they will replace cash, I am afraid to hold the crypto for long periods of time. Because they are insecure, if you negligently will probably lose all the money in your wallet by the hackers.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
May 05, 2018, 07:41:58 PM
Think about a world without cash, what will happen. In Vietnam this is very bad. How will small daily trading activities take place? Can not buy a plate of rice, water that pays by bitcoin. Things will turn upside down if there is no cash.
In fact cash will totally change into crypto currency and that is the need of the day, in future we are expecting that people will reduce the use of  physical cash and will start giving more importance to crypto currency and they will even feel it more easy and comfortable to use bitcoin instead of cash and physical currency.
Activity: 456
May 05, 2018, 06:47:09 PM
The escalation of social inequality certainly brings serious problems, if the state fails to overcome it then it is only a matter of time that they will make a mess and destroy everything.
Well i think people should fear a cashless world because if internet will  not work for one day, how can we able to buy our needs and wants, and i think we should fear cashless world because if we loss our phone that would be a big problem for us, i think we should have both paper money and digital currency in the future.
We've got more alternate options to get rid of the above stated issues. Only thing I believe is the hacking will be a big problem, easily poor gets rich and rich becomes poor if he's an expert in hacking. Cashless world helps with the corrupt leaders go easy with corruption as they can easily over write data.
Activity: 378
May 05, 2018, 06:41:33 PM
The escalation of social inequality certainly brings serious problems, if the state fails to overcome it then it is only a matter of time that they will make a mess and destroy everything.
Well i think people should fear a cashless world because if internet will  not work for one day, how can we able to buy our needs and wants, and i think we should fear cashless world because if we loss our phone that would be a big problem for us, i think we should have both paper money and digital currency in the future.
copper member
Activity: 269
May 05, 2018, 06:39:06 PM
Cashless world as mentioned in the document, it will ruin the poor and the growth of small scale traders. On the whole the technology will make changes but it should be developed in a equal manner to reach all.
Yeah i agree but it won't happen overnight. It will takes many years before government can implement cashless society and i think if that happens all the possible problem during the implementation would be address.
Activity: 281
May 05, 2018, 06:04:48 PM
It's impossible to have a cashless society poor people will be the first to be affected because of their way of life no internet access and maybe they don't even know how to use cryptocurrency how about paying bills and buying small quantity of items it's hard to do transactions with bitcoin so i think this will not happen can't imagine the scenario.

I am not against to cashless society just like other country but in innovation in the technology let's also consider the other people point of view about it and people's abilities in using the cryptocurrency. We also think the old people's and remote areas that the signal of internet is not so good. In planning something like this we should always think other people before we decide what to do.

Cashless society is a shame on the capitalist world order and extremely rich people hanging out in the different sections of the world. They're poor and needless people who are seeking for food and money. They're the burden on the global economy since they are being worked as a slave labor. All the people should reach wellfare in the world. Nobody deserves to be cashless for sure. I hope, cryptocurrencies will change this very soon!
Activity: 462
May 05, 2018, 05:51:24 PM
Cashless is a very complicated and difficult problem to solve, it certainly takes a long process and the most important thing to overcome or reduce cashless is to improve the education system.
The use of cash in transactions has become irreversible in the perception of people in economically poor countries but I believe that as cryptocurrency comes closer to life things will change. The most important thing to do is to build a strong security system so that the crypto holder is always safe from viruses and hacker attacks.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
dApps Development Automation Platform
May 05, 2018, 04:59:26 PM
Poor people and small businesses rely on cash. A contactless system will likely entrench poverty and pave the way for terrifying levels of surveillance

http://www.theguardian.com/money/commentisfree/2016/mar/21/fear-cashless-world-contactless

Discussion

poor people? So your rich now and do not using fiat money?

Imagine a world where currency is just online or electonic transactions and a well developed computer virus is starting to spread? Imagine the havoc?
Activity: 588
Merit: 253
May 05, 2018, 03:55:54 PM
Activity: 165
May 05, 2018, 03:52:59 PM
I think there is nothing to worry about and fear. Will not happen. Cash is important and essential in this society. Developing economies rely on cash, banks to sustain the economy, people's lives and promote the development of businesses. In addition, the easy-to-use nature of cash is part of the habits of the people.

You are right with fifty percentage. Reason for not agreeing on the other fifty percent is that these amazing coins are continuously growing and getting famous. There would be a time when bitocoins would be using in the entire world. At that time only, we can consider a society without cash. Definitely the not the whole world can be cashless but there might be some specific areas.
Pages:
Jump to: