Pages:
Author

Topic: Why we should fear a cashless world - page 7. (Read 9767 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 112
May 04, 2018, 09:51:40 AM
Before, this can't be done because of the foreseen problem with centralization. Because banks will hold and it will cause everything to rely on one entity.

Now, we have Bitcoin a decentralized network but still why it can't be used? Because of bitcoin's scaling problem and bitcoin's user unfriendliness.

So I think, you will not need to fear the "cashless world" because it will never happen. Because people will still find ways to transact easily and with ease.
Activity: 149
Merit: 3
May 04, 2018, 09:38:45 AM

5) Not classed as a "good" citizen, they will freeze your account leaving you destitute instantly.

This is the worst point of the system. At this point laws can manipulate any person on the planet to do anything.

cash less transaction is imposible to achieve. it requires technology ang internet connection.. do you think a 5 year old child that want to buy candy have to go to his phone or computer to make a purchase? would it be hassle to a person to buy his basic needs that requires small payment to log in his credential to his net just to make a purchase? i think its just quite imposible for now to fully implement a cashless transaction in our commuity.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
May 04, 2018, 09:02:29 AM
I would like to have a world without cash, so everyone will use BTC. And all the activities we will pay through BTC, no bribe, inflation. Those things will be greatly reduced if we use BTC.
Activity: 524
Merit: 100
May 04, 2018, 08:49:14 AM
Poor people and small businesses rely on cash. A contactless system will likely entrench poverty and pave the way for terrifying levels of surveillance

http://www.theguardian.com/money/commentisfree/2016/mar/21/fear-cashless-world-contactless

Discussion
Lol of course it’s true you’re supposed to fear a cashless world. Cash is very important no matter how far we go with technology, and know this – there will always be poor people, beggars on the streets and illiterates no matter what you do about it. Well, apart from them there are lots of reasons why we need cash no matter what. All I know is cash is very important and you can’t stop the use of cash cause people who are in their right senses won’t support such an idea. That’s the truth.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
May 04, 2018, 07:30:20 AM
This will affect the poor people and small businesses relying on cash.
As we live in a world that distribution of wealth is concerned.
My worry is that a cashless society may exacerbate inequality.
It is better if people are making this choice freely.
Activity: 112
May 04, 2018, 06:35:18 AM
There are advantages and disadvantages of having a cashless world...The good thing is that there will be less tax evasion given that most tax evasion occurs with cash. That is the main reason why Modi tried to move to less cash society in India. The additional tax revenue will help the economy and fund other government programs that will hopefully help society. Plus, it makes the world more equitable as everyone pays taxes.The bad thing is that there will be less privacy. Now someone may know what you like to buy and when do you buy it. So there will be limited privacy in your consumption.However, let us remember that we have cryptocurrencies that will keep things private. And also, there will always be some sort of cash because electronic systems will fail time to time. So always good to have cold hard cash...
Activity: 868
Merit: 16
May 04, 2018, 06:33:05 AM
What to fear from bitcoin? When this technology came to be the solution to the world economy. Instead, we should support bitcoin to continue to develop its technology so that more and more parties are adopting this technology and making sure people use bitcoin either as a payment method or a digital asset investment.
Activity: 294
May 04, 2018, 06:27:31 AM
I would fear that global unite currency becouse it gives an opportunity to prevent somebody to buy, or sell anything easily.
staff
Activity: 3038
Merit: 568
APP下载sbapp.io
May 04, 2018, 06:21:42 AM
I don't think there is anything to fear even if the world have reach to a stage that everyone uses digital money to pay for goods and services, I believe the digital payment technology would have already stabilize after multiple rounds of testing and the system will be relatively stable for everyone to use.
Activity: 396
Merit: 252
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 04, 2018, 06:20:37 AM
Poor people and small businesses rely on cash. A contactless system will likely entrench poverty and pave the way for terrifying levels of surveillance

http://www.theguardian.com/money/commentisfree/2016/mar/21/fear-cashless-world-contactless

Discussion
We should fear a cashless society because there are a lot of things will be changed. I do not know if the economy will become better or will become worse. There should be balance between fiat currency and virtual currency for us to maintain our good economy.

I don't think so, but due to some evolution of technology this cashless sytem will nearly possible to be happen in the futrue, so we have nothing to do about that. And I surely  those poor people will get affected for that evolution, but surely there will be a way for them as well.
We should fear some disavantage and this will be a start of new technology that may harm a people because anytime a people can do bad things for the sake of their own wants especially in about money. I don't worry instead i will do my best to keep safe my money and to thibk ahead of the possibility of losing or being hacked.
Activity: 63
May 04, 2018, 05:53:04 AM
there is no reason to fear a cashless world. if this is going to happen, it will take some time. it’s not gonna happen soon.
Activity: 199
May 04, 2018, 05:49:04 AM
Maybe becouse small business lives out of small and fast transactions, without taxes, hand to hand... Impossible in the case.
Activity: 154
May 04, 2018, 05:44:30 AM
But if cryptos will become a bit more physical, that would fix the problem, integrating also remote parts of the world. That would improve the capitalization of cryptos but would harm their decentralization.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
May 04, 2018, 05:42:10 AM

Discussion
We should fear a cashless society because there are a lot of things will be changed. I do not know if the economy will become better or will become worse. There should be balance between fiat currency and virtual currency for us to maintain our good economy.

I don't think so, but due to some evolution of technology this cashless sytem will nearly possible to be happen in the futrue, so we have nothing to do about that. And I surely  those poor people will get affected for that evolution, but surely there will be a way for them as well.
Activity: 42
May 04, 2018, 05:29:44 AM
The biggest fear I have is that if the power goes I might not have access to my cryptos Sad But I am even more scared of the fiat system hehe
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
May 04, 2018, 05:12:32 AM
Because with the cash someone does not feel afraid when want to buy an item so the majority of people tend to comply with government regulations to anticipate the occurrence of legal channels in the future.
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
May 04, 2018, 03:54:32 AM
There is a big downside to the lack of cash transactions, which is that you spend your money more unthinking, happier, and more materialistic.

Cashless society, the concept of wealth, because it has become a currency account, digital account, you become blurred!
Activity: 238
May 04, 2018, 03:43:39 AM
I think not everybody will adapt the cashless system like small businesses and even the poor people, of course they don't understand on how it works, they simply need cash so we don't need to fear, there still be cash rotating in our society.
Activity: 434
Merit: 117
May 04, 2018, 02:52:53 AM

Discussion
Activity: 168
May 04, 2018, 02:38:35 AM
I think there is nothing to worry about and fear. Will not happen. Cash is important and essential in this society. Developing economies rely on cash, banks to sustain the economy, people's lives and promote the development of businesses. In addition, the easy-to-use nature of cash is part of the habits of the people.
Pages:
Jump to: