Pages:
Author

Topic: Why would you sell an altcoin right at the very bottom - page 6. (Read 6714 times)

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Why selling tokens/coins at a low price in the market.
I will tell you that it is not easy to sell at a very low price! though I will definitely sell my tokens for some reason!
1. the price will be much cheaper and before it happens you must sell it and just buy again at a much lower price!
2. The tokens/coins will be delisted to many exchanges or with the exchange which will result in the more poor market.
The reasons you give about why some investors may sell their coins when they are close to the bottom are not wrong, but they are too logical to me, when people take those kind of decisions they are not thinking rationally they are mostly using their emotions when they sell, at that point it becomes unbearable for them to keep holding their coins, they probably thought that the coin they were holding will recover soon.

And when that doesn't happen the losses they are suffering are too big for them and they keep thinking everyday that they should have sold their coins when they had the chance, eventually those thoughts become recurrent and they can only get away from those thoughts until they sell.
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
It makes no logical sense to sell an altcoin right at the very bottom of a market cycle.  Look I know its very painful to see that altcoin you love some much cause you so much grief, and not to mention checking your altcoin account balance looks like a scene from a horror movie.  But I am here to tell you, to hold strong, keep the faith and ride this altcoin storm as we are about to hit a very sweet spot in the market cycle where altcoins will explode in value.  Almost every altcoin is extremely oversold when comparing it to previous altcoin ATH (all time highs) and not to mention when comparing it to the bitcoin rally of late.

ATTENTION: We are about to enter altcoin season right at the very bottom, there will be some explosive move coming....Please hold firm.

Much love to all altcoin holders (especially those that hold HST decision token)

Stay safe, and see you all at the very top of the next altcoin season.

Peace out Cheesy
It is not a good idea to sell your altcoin while it is at the very bottom of the market, it would be best more if you are going to buy potential altcoins, not all altcoins, that are in the bottom of the market. If ever it goes on the top, you will surely gain much benefit from it. We should make sure that the altcoin we are buying is the one we can predict to be at the very top next altcoin season but if not, atleast you should see it near the top so that there would be no regrets of buying it.
Activity: 770
Merit: 100
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
As you correctly said, the altcoin season will begin at the very bottom, and this means that you need to buy coins exclusively at the very bottom.
It may seem that selling near the bottom does not make sense, but it all depends on your initial entry point. It is better to sell later than never to sell and freeze the balance of your funds for an indefinite period.

you are very correct in saying that you need to buy at the very bottom, but the problem is that no one knows where the bottom is. altcoins have already updated their lows 100 times
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
As you correctly said, the altcoin season will begin at the very bottom, and this means that you need to buy coins exclusively at the very bottom.
It may seem that selling near the bottom does not make sense, but it all depends on your initial entry point. It is better to sell later than never to sell and freeze the balance of your funds for an indefinite period.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 257
To date, many cryptocurrency users are fleeing the market and selling all their assets, but some still remain and will necessarily carry out the reconstruction of their portfolio.  The fact that today they are getting rid of some altcoins is, first of all, to say that they are getting rid of bad coins in their opinion.  Perhaps it is at this time that the cryptocurrency market is being corrected, after which bad coins will no longer be in demand in the market.
It is to be expected that they'd rather sell their assets for now and go for another investment that can give them more profit. They'll go for a better altcoin to invest, most of traders/holders did it already.
The same goes for me, I sold my coins even if its not that profitable, but I prefer to sell it immediately to go for a better investment which is that popular crypto.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
(especially those that hold HST decision token)
WTF is that?  Never heard of it.

But it seems to me that some altcoins will never be able to rise and hold them does not make sense.
This is true, and there are probably hundreds of coins trading for around 0.00000001BTC with no buying orders within a thousand miles, no miners mining them, and a blockchain that's dead.  Those are the ones to stay away from.  You might think that those coins have unlimited upside potential because they're trading for basically nothing, but that's a sucker bet.

You know, the old maxim in trading is 'buy low, sell high' but I've seen a lot of traders who panic and end up selling as the market is declining.  What they ought to be doing is buying.  It's probably one of the most illogical behaviors I've seen in life.  Right now think of altcoins as being on sale.  If you were shopping for a toaster, would you not be more inclined to buy one if the appliance store had them on sale for 50% off?
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
To date, many cryptocurrency users are fleeing the market and selling all their assets, but some still remain and will necessarily carry out the reconstruction of their portfolio.  The fact that today they are getting rid of some altcoins is, first of all, to say that they are getting rid of bad coins in their opinion.  Perhaps it is at this time that the cryptocurrency market is being corrected, after which bad coins will no longer be in demand in the market.
Activity: 286
Merit: 3
https://goldeth.io/
maybe I will hold it in, because most of the altcoins that I have are still cheap and there are a number of prize tokens that have not been listed on the exchange and if sold, that's only enough for fee fees. so inevitably I have to leave it in my wallet until they really have a good sale value ..
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
That is like stupid action  Cheesy
For me i always deep analyze first what altcoin i must buy and find the worst price first.
So after buy i will target sell it atleast 10% profit, so if the price become more bearish, i don't care will still hold it until going back to my first price.
With that strategy i don't know i will sell it at very bottom. Maybe they who sell it like that is surrender or taking stop loss.

Your prediction and analysis seem to be very attractive, but sometimes it is impossible to sell them at a higher price because there is the second opinion it might increase it's a price to a higher value. This makes us hold the coin until the price drops to deep down and we are in the situation that the coin price will not increase again.

Yes sometimes i get that moment, not all my coin can run like my strategy. That is really confused what we must do.
If the situation like that, i can give 3 top my solution :
1. still hold it hope the price can going up
2. use that coin to buy goods or service, where we can take advantage to make profit
3. gamble it Grin

Point 2 and 3 is possible if any people accept that coin, but if not,
only point 1 is best solution, hold it then forget it.
As long as your altcoins are good investments then it doesn't matter if you are gong to hold them for long term and just temporarily forget about them. Investing into altcoin means that you are attracted and you want to be committed into that altcoin and in my opinion, once you are committed then you should stay and support it until the end, so it is best to just hold it and forget about it temporarily.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
Why selling tokens/coins at a low price in the market.
I will tell you that it is not easy to sell at a very low price! though I will definitely sell my tokens for some reason!
1. the price will be much cheaper and before it happens you must sell it and just buy again at a much lower price!
2. The tokens/coins will be delisted to many exchanges or with the exchange which will result in the more poor market.
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
Febriyana Muhammad
For me i always deep analyze first what altcoin i must buy and find the worst price first.
So after buy i will target sell it atleast 10% profit, so if the price become more bearish, i don't care will still hold it until going back to my first price.
With that strategy i don't know i will sell it at very bottom. Maybe they who sell it like that is surrender or taking stop loss.

Your prediction and analysis seem to be very attractive, but sometimes it is impossible to sell them at a higher price because there is the second opinion it might increase it's a price to a higher value. This makes us hold the coin until the price drops to deep down and we are in the situation that the coin price will not increase again.

Yes sometimes i get that moment, not all my coin can run like my strategy. That is really confused what we must do.
If the situation like that, i can give 3 top my solution :
1. still hold it hope the price can going up
2. use that coin to buy goods or service, where we can take advantage to make profit
3. gamble it Grin

Point 2 and 3 is possible if any people accept that coin, but if not,
only point 1 is best solution, hold it then forget it.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
depending on the situation first, if I make a decision to sell at a low price it doesn't mean it doesn't make sense and it doesn't mean that I'm stupid. but I will not do that action if I previously bought at a high price. unless I buy cheaply and there is no price adjustment in my coins, I am forced to sell them.
Activity: 278

Activity: 432
Merit: 250
Febriyana Muhammad
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
People are impatient and do not care about tokens that they have earned by promoting projects. Those are mostly hunters that want to have x10 right now without issues. Wise people are holding crypto till better times.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 264
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
There is no point selling your altcoins at the very bottom if you have bought it at high price and its your big loss. And it would be best if you already set a position for stop loss to avoid losing your money.

Best way to avoid this kind of situation is setting up a position and have a target price for selling and buyback if you see some signal and goodnews for that project.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
many people sell coins at the lowest price point usually because of the situation and because of panic sell. these two things should start to be evaluated whether it is good for that to be used as a way to sell coins at a low price. so I think now it must survive and also must continue to see how the potential of a coin and not get trapped by the situation
not only panic sell but the project dont have any more movement developers almost living the project without update to investors in that way investors need to sell or it will give them more lost if they wait more.
Activity: 840
Merit: 101
You really can't blame other people for selling their coins. I sell my own tokens even though I won't profit that much as long as I really need money. Your token, your decision. You really don't need logic to say that. People will hold if they want more profit but let's just accept that there are cases that they have to dump.
Activity: 1764
Some altcoins need to be sold at least even when they are at the bottom, because most altcoins simply die out and you need to follow them to sell them successfully, so investing in new altcoins is always a huge risk and it’s best to use old and top altcoins for investments that never fail to give you profit and your investments always will be safe.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 257
I sold a few times before touching the bottom, this happened because I believed too much, but in fact the price kept sliding down.
Now I am very careful in observing the market, if my alt investment coins fall more than 60% I will immediately sell them to avoid similar events.
I will sell my alt if the developer does nothing to solve this problem as soon as possible.
Pages:
Jump to: