Pages:
Author

Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever - page 11. (Read 270138 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 168
Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?
My reason is i want to become rich someday and i believe that bitcoin will increase more in the future so that's why i love holding this. And i can say that after 4-5 years bitcoin and other cryptocurrency will become virtual currency and the value will become $100000 or more so i think its more good if you hold your bitcoin and be patience.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
I think never sell Bitcoin isn't the point . Because at last, your reason you're coming to Bitcoin is the profit , the income, so soon or later you have to sell it for cash at all.
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
I never tried selling my bitcoin yet, but it’s hard to say also that never sell ever, maybe for now i am just focusing on accummulating ny bitcoin, because my goal is to be able to save big money from bitcoin, so i concentrate on the goal while i dont have enough yet, when i am able to get the target figure on my bitcoin already someday, and at the good price of course selling some bitcoins also could be considered. But for now, no yet😃
Activity: 1148
Merit: 158
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I will not sell mine and hold as long as possible until the right time and price. But to never ever sell i dont see why you will not ever sell your bitcoin. Maybe its better to be "when is the right time to sell bitcoin".
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
ExtraCredit ICO 20% Presale Bonus! extracredit.io
Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?

Not selling the BTC ever doesn't make any sense, if not when should I do that ? You didn't specificate anout that ever.
Activity: 67
I really like the first post of this thread Grin You see already 2015 there were alot of people who believed in bitcoin and tell everbody to hodl! These people are rich today. You d everything right! Grin
But... are they still hodling? Some not: they have cashed out. They are rich now.
Activity: 427
Merit: 100
I will never sell Bitcoin because I love them and they are too high right now with incoming good news. Only a fool would sell now.
Activity: 189
I really like the first post of this thread Grin You see already 2015 there were alot of people who believed in bitcoin and tell everbody to hodl! These people are rich today. You d everything right! Grin
Activity: 728
Merit: 131
Based on previous experience, when I sell bitcoin then not how long the price will skyrocket, this has been repeated several times and of course make me regret, from experience that makes me will not sell bitcoin again.
its just the matter of time and timing, you sell bitcoin on low and that is wrong, you just need to wait for the big leap and wait for sometime theres so many news that we can rely on and more experts all over the social medias who can give hints when to buy and sell.. if you cant do it right better have bitcoin and hold it for a long time
Activity: 574
Merit: 256
bitcoin is more stable currency. if you sell your btc you never buy at same price you need to buy at higher price so you loose your profit.

You are right, if we sell now then we will buy at a higher price so I advise not to sell bitcoin now, let alone soon in 2018 and the price will skyrocket.
I don't think so, the price of Bitcoin and Altcoins is always move up and down if you can technology analysis and then sell it when its price is high and buy its price is lower you can get a lot of profit. But to make this is very hard, you have to knowledge and control your emotion.
Not good to wait because if this reason only but it is good to have both means for bitcoin price gone high and holding as an investment as well. Now price of bitcoin is increasing in price and will get high in very short time if you will not sell it for short time. Bitcoin is best long time investment and selling for low price is always a bad decision using bitcoin, sell It but if you are really in need of money and not having any other way for it.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
You should never sell your coins so you don't have to pay taxes. Smiley
Seriously they try to cut down %35 + %18, what a corrupted government. They want to cut more than half of our holdings, they don't even care about our loss. If you have something you need to pay tax, no matter if you made profit or not. I think about changing citizenship because of these stupid rules and regulations. If I could find a good passport that works every country and tax free for crypto currencies I would apply for them. People live with fear if they use local exchanges their bank accounts could be freezed.
If you have a lot of bitcoin then you could look for it, I do not know of any country where you do not have to pay taxes in your bitcoin but there are many countries where you do not have to pay income tax or capital gains tax, go there and ask about your situation and maybe they could help you.
Unambiguously, we keep bitcoin in order to serve, even if it's expensive. But the essence is still the same. The only question is when it happens
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
You should never sell your coins so you don't have to pay taxes. Smiley
Seriously they try to cut down %35 + %18, what a corrupted government. They want to cut more than half of our holdings, they don't even care about our loss. If you have something you need to pay tax, no matter if you made profit or not. I think about changing citizenship because of these stupid rules and regulations. If I could find a good passport that works every country and tax free for crypto currencies I would apply for them. People live with fear if they use local exchanges their bank accounts could be freezed.
If you have a lot of bitcoin then you could look for it, I do not know of any country where you do not have to pay taxes in your bitcoin but there are many countries where you do not have to pay income tax or capital gains tax, go there and ask about your situation and maybe they could help you.
Activity: 443
https://streamies.io/
I never sell bitcoin again because I'm sure that the future and bitcoin prices will improve and of course the price is more expensive than now. this is what makes me not interested to sell bitcoin.
- We are aiming for the future of bitcoin, the price of bitcoin will increase ever higher at that time, if we sell bitcoin too soon, we will only get regret, people are always greedy and nobody wants to regret, so we do not sell Bitcoin until we get a price that we are most satisfied. In short, not that we never sell, we will definitely sell but that is at the right time, the whole world is gradually heading for bitcoin, they are focused and invested in bitcoin, the opportunity to increase the price of bitcoin is huge, when bitcoin exploded, that would be a great time to sell, now it's still not a good time
Bitcoin gave us big opportunity to become rich. We need to use this opportunity for us to become successful person. I know that we will not regret if we will do long term investment with bitcoins. 
Yes, he's right. Once the price increases and you're satisfied with it, sell your bitcoins and convert it into money before it's too late. You can invest in other businesses because we don't know what is happening behind this but I really love working here because this is very helpful for me.
Activity: 528
I never sell bitcoin again because I'm sure that the future and bitcoin prices will improve and of course the price is more expensive than now. this is what makes me not interested to sell bitcoin.
- We are aiming for the future of bitcoin, the price of bitcoin will increase ever higher at that time, if we sell bitcoin too soon, we will only get regret, people are always greedy and nobody wants to regret, so we do not sell Bitcoin until we get a price that we are most satisfied. In short, not that we never sell, we will definitely sell but that is at the right time, the whole world is gradually heading for bitcoin, they are focused and invested in bitcoin, the opportunity to increase the price of bitcoin is huge, when bitcoin exploded, that would be a great time to sell, now it's still not a good time
Bitcoin gave us big opportunity to become rich. We need to use this opportunity for us to become successful person. I know that we will not regret if we will do long term investment with bitcoins. 
Activity: 686
Merit: 260

It is not really to "never sell bitcoins ever" but to "Hold. Analyze. Strategize". I agree with what you have said because trading is like gambling. In this kind of business, we don't rely on our fear of what if's. The best way to decide whether to sell your bitcoin depends on your own satisfaction and not on greediness. The price of bitcoin is very inconsistent regardless of the fact of the continuous high demand on this cryptocurrency, we can still never know the future of this. Better be prepared. Try to weigh everything and take risks.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 309
You should never sell your bitcoin because the price is keep on rising and that is the reason for you to not sell your bitcoin so you can grab those chances to make a lot of profit by just making bitcoin as a source of passive income since its price is keep moving up and even though it is volatile, in the long run you will still make money.
Activity: 45
I think it's better for us to keep our Bitcoin til it's official become a worldwide currency which could be method payment for every websites in this world. At that moment i think the price could be at 100k$ for each BTC.
Activity: 322

thw main reason is bitcoin is not a little thing because bitcoin is a big thing now and the value is not stable and more percent that it will increase the value of price more by the next year and in the next generation.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
Activity: 247
Based on previous experience, when I sell bitcoin then not how long the price will skyrocket, this has been repeated several times and of course make me regret, from experience that makes me will not sell bitcoin again.
Pages:
Jump to: