Author

Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever - page 152. (Read 270138 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 100
I invested 1200$ in btc. Right now i just sold it for 1600$.

Net profit: 400$.
I don't see why it would be a bad deal. You're saying I should hold cause btc might just continue to rise? Well maybe I could have win 4000$ but here I won 400$ it's not a loose.

It's like saying: "why aren't you gambling your 1200$? You might win millions!"

Yeah, I "might". And maybe btc will just go back to 200$ and you'll all regret not having sold it Wink
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
There are many reason why people sell their bitcoins
So not always they sell for fun but sometime for emergencies.

that's right. some people here think if you sell, you are dumb because you are not waiting for the price to rise more. it's not always like that. people might need the money quickly for whatever reason, and that's what some people here in this forum don't seem to understand.
Activity: 431
Merit: 250
I do not trade bitcoin. I only buy bitcoin. I do not sell bitcoin. I only use bitcoin when I need to buy goods.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
@Amph
In an ideal world we would spend our coins not looking at the pump & dumps going on. But this is bitcoin and yes it's ont an ideal world.

If I bought some bitcoins 2 weeks ago @ 500. I would not spend them for a value of 300 f.e.

and why? you are here for spending them at a much higher value than 500, because you hope for 1k or more at the end, so see it as you're already losing by not spending at a higher value, compared to 500
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

That's what I did during that bubble back in late 2013, when it hit $1100, I bought some silver and gold and a new Samsung Galaxy S5, it felt pretty good buying a 700 euro phone for 'only' 0.75 BTC.
I certainly hope to see a situation like that again soon Smiley

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

That's what I did during that bubble back in late 2013, when it hit $1100, I bought some silver and gold and a new Samsung Galaxy S5, it felt pretty good buying a 700 euro phone for 'only' 0.75 BTC.

What you did was really a smart work even I will do the same rather than converting Bitcoin into paper I will buy products using BTC and btw I am planning to buy more Bitcoin by second quarter of 2016 and assuming that BTC will be at its peak in last quarter of 2016
legendary
Activity: 1204
There are many reason why people sell their bitcoins
So not always they sell for fun but sometime for emergencies.
Activity: 434
@Amph
In an ideal world we would spend our coins not looking at the pump & dumps going on. But this is bitcoin and yes it's ont an ideal world.

If I bought some bitcoins 2 weeks ago @ 500. I would not spend them for a value of 300 f.e.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
It really all comes down to personal opinion. With these kinds of things, you can never predict what is going to happen. I spend what I want to, but at the same time I am conservative with my money.

you should simply spend bitcoin like they were money, and forget about the p&d, what it matter is the average increase, not the swing that you see every day

from 0 we are at 400, and surely at 300 stable
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Well I think that the premise of the thread was if what we would do if Bitcoin did whatever in the current economy. I think there was less thought about the actual implications of it, such as the scenario you're describing.

Aside from that;
For me I will sell my bitcoin depending on the current situation, if the situation doesnt good for the bitcoin future I will sell them..

I think that that is most people's outlook on Bitcoin, they want to sell at a high price and buy at a low price. I am also only going to sell when the Bitcoin situation gets better.
Most of Bitcoin's users at this point are speculators, so of course they want to buy low and sell high. However the actual users of Bitcoin currently are most likely going to not cash out their Bitcoin immediately, and are more likely to use it on some website.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
For me I will sell my bitcoin depending on the current situation, if the situation doesnt good for the bitcoin future I will sell them..

I think that that is most people's outlook on Bitcoin, they want to sell at a high price and buy at a low price. I am also only going to sell when the Bitcoin situation gets better.
Activity: 112
It really all comes down to personal opinion. With these kinds of things, you can never predict what is going to happen. I spend what I want to, but at the same time I am conservative with my money.
Activity: 95
I think also like that . I will not sell bitcoin , I think prices will continue to rise bitcoin .
but it did not. bitcoin difficult to predict prices . sometimes 200 and some time so in 1000 .
but, I hope for 2016 was a year of triumph bitcoin .

so ,
no matter how much, I will sell bitcoin if I have it .  Grin
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
You must sell if you find the price high enough to cash out. Sure keeping some coins would not harm you but to state you should never shell is just plain ridiculous.
For me a price of 500 is high enough to sell 20% of my coins.

agree with you Smiley
sell some of your bitcoin and buy back to get some profit

if all people hold his bitcoin and never sell it, bitcoin market will be off  Cheesy
legendary
oh i always sell my bitcoin when i dont have money,if i dont do that,i cant buy fodd for eat day and night..lol Grin

if you don't have enough money to buy food from, you probably have invested money you can't miss in bitcoin. or you are just selling your earned coins? that's another story.
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
oh i always sell my bitcoin when i dont have money,if i dont do that,i cant buy fodd for eat day and night..lol Grin

Yeah sure for mandatory expenses you need to sell. But like anybody else you also hold some coins for speculation.
Do you sell them too or do you 'never' sell them?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
You must sell if you find the price high enough to cash out. Sure keeping some coins would not harm you but to state you should never shell is just plain ridiculous.
For me a price of 500 is high enough to sell 20% of my coins.
Activity: 434
My share has increased a lot when it was lot. But I sold a lot of bitcoins in the 330 area. A bad decision by me.
Therefore I decided to sell my other coins just when the price has reached 1k Wink
Jump to: