Author

Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever - page 150. (Read 270138 times)

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
You are right. Everytime i sell my Bitcoin, the price tends to go higher Cheesy But if i buy them the price drops...So i dont really know what is the best thing to do. Right now, i would probably sell them at $500, because i believe the price will drop after christmas.

I don't agree. Why do you think the price will drop after christmas?

If the price of Bitcoin were over $500 now, then, yes, it would drop a bit, but around $500 is a fair price for Bitcoin for the year which is coming. I have explained many times why I think so (and other people did that too), so now I would say that that just my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

Buying BTC now is too expensive, I got them cheap. I was mining a bit 2 years ago and then when it became unprofitable I stopped. Forget about mining if you don't have free electricity and money to invest!

Well I've got both ^.^

But the fact is I'd like to build a btc income, I'm afraid that it's hard to get such income but lot's of people said the same thing than you...
Maybe I'll find another way, but hard to invent something through bitcoin without the proper technical knowledge!

you're still limited by the wattage, at present to produce 0.03 per day you need 1200 watt a your disposal, which mean that for a mere 0.15 a day you need already 5kw

this is too much for the majority, since residence have only 3kw-6kw at best, and you need to pay more to increase this
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
You're going to have to convert to fiat if you can't pay or buy anything yet with bitcoins. Some people have no choice but to exchange because they got bills to pay and they need to buy day to day things with it. This is for the most part for people who got bitcoin as their only income.
Activity: 322
I'm not selling for now. I'm trying to grow the amount of bitcoins I own for now. Until bitcoin goes above $1000 I might sell some of the bitcoins I own.
Until then I'm holding and not selling anything.
Activity: 476
Btc will go back to 200$ I can bet it. That's why i sold it. Even fiat money changes but btc? It has nothing material, the price depends ONLY of the market Wink
I think its can't for the future. bitcoin prices will be better in the future after the block halving
will never reach $ 200 again
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

Buying BTC now is too expensive, I got them cheap. I was mining a bit 2 years ago and then when it became unprofitable I stopped. Forget about mining if you don't have free electricity and money to invest!

Well I've got both ^.^

But the fact is I'd like to build a btc income, I'm afraid that it's hard to get such income but lot's of people said the same thing than you...
Maybe I'll find another way, but hard to invent something through bitcoin without the proper technical knowledge!

I think we all would like to have a proper BTC income  Wink but afaik is very hard to get there with a proper investment. That's the fact, BTC mining is for the big industries now. Nice old times of gpu mining are over!
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
You are right. Everytime i sell my Bitcoin, the price tends to go higher Cheesy But if i buy them the price drops...So i dont really know what is the best thing to do. Right now, i would probably sell them at $500, because i believe the price will drop after christmas.
Activity: 336
It depens for the person if he wants a fast profit than this a good time to sell your bitcoin. If I don't sell my bitcoins how can I make profit than? Because with selling you have more fiat money and when bitcoin is low you can buy more or 2 bitcoins in one price. that you have paid the last time. Oh well if my choice to sell so its my life.
Activity: 756
Merit: 100

Well I've got both ^.^

legendary

What is there to understand man? Live and let live!  Wink
If you think you're good enough to take advantages from price movement do it, no one is gonna stop you. Maybe some have bitcoin for another reason which you don't see now. Personally, together with gold, it's a perfect store of value in difficult times. That's why I don't do trading.

Of course man, and investment in btc seems rather safe. I don't see btc just disappearing, it's just too awesome ^^

But the main goal of the thread is to convince us to never sell btc, as I disagree I argue for the sell of btc, that's all  Wink
And still I find hard to just store btc, are you paid in btc by any chance? Maybe you're mining. I'm currently wondering if I should go mining a bit, I like btc a lot and it would be a btc income!

If you think you're good enough to take advantages from price movement do it, no one is gonna stop you. Maybe some have bitcoin for another reason which you don't see now. Personally, together with gold, it's a perfect store of value in difficult times. That's why I don't do trading.

Of course man, and investment in btc seems rather safe. I don't see btc just disappearing, it's just too awesome ^^

But the main goal of the thread is to convince us to never sell btc, as I disagree I argue for the sell of btc, that's all  Wink
And still I find hard to just store btc, are you paid in btc by any chance? Maybe you're mining. I'm currently wondering if I should go mining a bit, I like btc a lot and it would be a btc income!
Activity: 280
So maybe there is sense now to buy BTC while their cost  just 436.2 USD ?

Well you should have bought bitcoins when it was 300 dollars, but yeah never thought that it will be this price.
Now is good time to sell and buy some if you don't have that much money.

Actually, it's best to buy right now any bitcoin value below $1000 is good to buy. Once it get's over $1000 it will be more difficult to make profits over that amount unless you're going to hold for a very long time. It's hard to say if bitcoin will go back down to $300. You can never be too sure with bitcoin.

I know the risk of it being worthless tomorrow due to a network failure or something alike, nonetheless I've invested all of my money into it. If you understand how it works, you realize that if this network had a critical bug, we've most likely already discovered it already. There are no shortage of people trying to break bitcoin. I'm holding just because I'm the worst trader you'll ever meet.

Then it's a perfectly reasonable argument =)
I just find it hard to hold totally your btc as I'm paid in fiat, so every $ I transform into btc is a bit of a waste of money (with fees and all).

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I like to spend my Bitcoin and buy it as well. But the fact is, somethings you can't buy with Bitcoin, so you need fiat. That is why I sell my coins sometimes.
legendary

Well if you look at the overall picture, then Bitcoin has only seen a steady increase in value over time, accompanied with a few bubbles, the largest one being the 2013 one, when prices went over $1000.
So in that regard, this is indeed the time, and I think it will last for a while.

That may be right. And I understand the fact that you hold your btc. What I don't understand is all those people with a clueless belief that btc will only rise and nothing can happen as it's just the true graal of economy whereas the fiat money is just shit.

And even if btc is on the rise, I think there is more money to do by buying/selling it at each bubble than just holding the btc ^^

Activity: 574
In XEM we trust

Well if you look at the overall picture, then Bitcoin has only seen a steady increase in value over time, accompanied with a few bubbles, the largest one being the 2013 one, when prices went over $1000.
So in that regard, this is indeed the time, and I think it will last for a while.

That may be right. And I understand the fact that you hold your btc. What I don't understand is all those people with a clueless belief that btc will only rise and nothing can happen as it's just the true graal of economy whereas the fiat money is just shit.

And even if btc is on the rise, I think there is more money to do by buying/selling it at each bubble than just holding the btc ^^
I know the risk of it being worthless tomorrow due to a network failure or something alike, nonetheless I've invested all of my money into it. If you understand how it works, you realize that if this network had a critical bug, we've most likely already discovered it already. There are no shortage of people trying to break bitcoin. I'm holding just because I'm the worst trader you'll ever meet.

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
There is NO FIAT MONEY that goes from simple to double without a fucking crazy event like a crazy enc of WWI  Roll Eyes

And it was not in one day Wink

There are plenty of currencies that have halved in value in a very short period of time. The Brazilian Real is currently halving in value every 7 months.

There was no crazy event to cause the Zimbabwe dollar to crash, just bad monetary policy. It took a few years.

Again, I perfectly agree. The difference being that it took, as you said, "a few years" or at least "a few months". Bitcoin changes in only a few days, so I find it hard to get convinced that "no this time is the good one, it gonna be stable".

I don't even know how many times I saw that btc is going up and is going to stay up ^^

Not saying you're wrong, just saying that as everyone is screaming "this is it this is the time" everytime btc gains 100$, I find it hard to believe that this time is the one.

you should be crazy to sell your BTC now
mainstream adoption time.

bitcoin prices are now rising, I would say crazy to you if you sell now, because in the year 2016 bitcoin prices would definitely go up, so just wait

Well if you say so. Hundreds of people say that every months, they will be right a day or another ^^
Maybe it will be this year.
There is NO FIAT MONEY that goes from simple to double without a fucking crazy event like a crazy enc of WWI  Roll Eyes

And it was not in one day Wink

There are plenty of currencies that have halved in value in a very short period of time. The Brazilian Real is currently halving in value every 7 months.

There was no crazy event to cause the Zimbabwe dollar to crash, just bad monetary policy. It took a few years.

Again, I perfectly agree. The difference being that it took, as you said, "a few years" or at least "a few months". Bitcoin changes in only a few days, so I find it hard to get convinced that "no this time is the good one, it gonna be stable".

I don't even know how many times I saw that btc is going up and is going to stay up ^^

Not saying you're wrong, just saying that as everyone is screaming "this is it this is the time" everytime btc gains 100$, I find it hard to believe that this time is the one.
Jump to: