Pages:
Author

Topic: Will 1 Bitcoin will Reach 1 million usd one day? - page 6. (Read 11404 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
If 21 million people need to store $1 million, a Bitcoin must be worth $1 million
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
It'd only reach near 1 million if bitcoin became mainstream.
If it became mainstream, and everyone owned at least 1 bitcoin, do you really think it'd be worth a million dollars?

You can't own that many
Oh yeah. That's right. Well, as there are only limited amounts of bitcoins as I just realized, and they're already owned by people, bitcoin will hardly become mainstream, then.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
If it became mainstream, and everyone owned at least 1 bitcoin, do you really think it'd be worth a million dollars?

You can't own that many
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Nobody knows
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Nowadays the BTC is about 457 USD, from a wonderful 1000 USD in 2013, the situation that is happening around the world are causing that the price of the BTC is getting lower. Seems pretty hard that one day the BTC reach the 1 million USD.

If it can reach 1K, then it can reach 10K also, if not 1 million. Temporary dips can't be given as a justification for the low future price.
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
Nowadays the BTC is about 457 USD, from a wonderful 1000 USD in 2013, the situation that is happening around the world are causing that the price of the BTC is getting lower. Seems pretty hard that one day the BTC reach the 1 million USD.

Now we go down but next direction is up! We can't be at ath all time Wink

Yes, all we got to do is wait for that climb back up.

The only question is when.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Now we go down but next direction is up! We can't be at ath all time Wink
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
Will 1 Bitcoin will Reach 1 million usd one day? What is your opinion?

It certainly has the potential to, but then ask yourself, what will 1 USD be worth one day?

We may come to a point where we're no longer comparing it to the dollar, but something else....

Lots of factors at play Smiley
Activity: 633
^^^^  Is there a way to know what will be the approx. size of a transaction? (in KBs).

It depends on the number of inputs and outputs.
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/1195/how-to-calculate-transaction-size-before-sending

Why can't the Blockchain.info add a tool to calculate the transaction fee?

No idea.
The latest bitcoin-qt 0.9.0 already adds the coin control function, and you can choose the inputs and see the approximate tx size immediately.

So, I guess it is not really "can't" but blockchain.info decides not to add such tool for some reasons.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
if you want something do something!!!
yes it will son

only in your wildest dream Smiley
legendary
^^^^  Is there a way to know what will be the approx. size of a transaction? (in KBs).

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/1195/how-to-calculate-transaction-size-before-sending

Why can't the Blockchain.info add a tool to calculate the transaction fee?
Activity: 633

legendary
^^^^  Is there a way to know what will be the approx. size of a transaction? (in KBs). I have read a post here about someone who paid 0.90 BTC for relaying a transaction.
Activity: 653
Actually fees have been reduced at new 0.9 version, before they were 0.0001 now it is only 0.00001 if I remember correctly.

Let me quote part of the release note of 0.9.0.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-090-final-is-available-changelog-download-522014

Transaction Fees
----------------

This release drops the default fee required to relay transactions across the
network and for miners to consider the transaction in their blocks to
0.01mBTC per kilobyte.

Note that getting a transaction relayed across the network does NOT guarantee
that the transaction will be accepted by a miner; by default, miners fill
their blocks with 50 kilobytes of high-priority transactions, and then with
700 kilobytes of the highest-fee-per-kilobyte transactions.

The minimum relay/mining fee-per-kilobyte may be changed with the
minrelaytxfee option. Note that previous releases incorrectly used
the mintxfee setting to determine which low-priority transactions should
be considered for inclusion in blocks.

The wallet code still uses a default fee for low-priority transactions of
0.1mBTC per kilobyte
. During periods of heavy transaction volume, even this
fee may not be enough to get transactions confirmed quickly; the mintxfee
option may be used to override the default.
no.  not with transaction fees the way they are. nobody is gonna spend $100 to transmit $0.25 worth for a stick of gum.  something will have to change

maybe a cryptocurrency designed for smaller amounts?  or a transaction fee Bitcoin.  like for example WHY are there transaction fees in the first place.  Huh

Actually fees have been reduced at new 0.9 version, before they were 0.0001 now it is only 0.00001 if I remember correctly.

That is just the relay fee indeed.  Smiley

What other fees is there? Nothing I think.

Though the info on wiki is out of date, it still answers your question "what is relay fee?" Smiley
FYR: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fees#Relaying
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
no.  not with transaction fees the way they are. nobody is gonna spend $100 to transmit $0.25 worth for a stick of gum.  something will have to change

maybe a cryptocurrency designed for smaller amounts?  or a transaction fee Bitcoin.  like for example WHY are there transaction fees in the first place.  Huh

What other fees is there? Nothing I think.

Pages:
Jump to: