Pages:
Author

Topic: Will 1 Bitcoin will Reach 1 million usd one day? - page 7. (Read 11404 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
no.  not with transaction fees the way they are. nobody is gonna spend $100 to transmit $0.25 worth for a stick of gum.  something will have to change

maybe a cryptocurrency designed for smaller amounts?  or a transaction fee Bitcoin.  like for example WHY are there transaction fees in the first place.  Huh

Actually fees have been reduced at new 0.9 version, before they were 0.0001 now it is only 0.00001 if I remember correctly.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
21 million bitcoins shared between earth's population = about 0.003 bitcoins each. (In the near term say 0.002) so amount of bitcoins needed to be richer than 99% of the world is 0.3 BTC, now imagine bitcoin has become widely accepted and used, you are the 1% with 0.3 coin. The bottom of the 1% club begins at about $500,000 dollars today. Therefore when bitcoin is widely enough used, a whole one should be solidly worth one million.

For your calculations to make sense, Bitcoin should be the only measurement of net worth in the world.

When we say about the richest 1%, we take in to account all their assets, and not only the hard cash. Worth can be in real estate, equities, bullion.etc.

Activity: 196
Merit: 101
one day perhaps, in 20-30 years Smiley
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
no.  not with transaction fees the way they are. nobody is gonna spend $100 to transmit $0.25 worth for a stick of gum.  something will have to change

maybe a cryptocurrency designed for smaller amounts?  or a transaction fee Bitcoin.  like for example WHY are there transaction fees in the first place.  Huh
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
No it will never happen because the usd will disappear before that.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
50k will be enough for me
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
No but I'm hoping for $10,000
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hodl!
Think of it this way if you like....

21 million bitcoins shared between earth's population = about 0.003 bitcoins each. (In the near term say 0.002) so amount of bitcoins needed to be richer than 99% of the world is 0.3 BTC, now imagine bitcoin has become widely accepted and used, you are the 1% with 0.3 coin. The bottom of the 1% club begins at about $500,000 dollars today. Therefore when bitcoin is widely enough used, a whole one should be solidly worth one million.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
It will reach a million its only a matter time.
Activity: 159
If bitcoin reaches a million I will eat my bitcoins
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
A million dollar Bitcoin will become reality very soon

Are you sure about that? What is your arguments ?
Activity: 154
Definitely it will not , some other currency may dominate, there is a possibilities
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
If dollar goes down then of course. And it can go way more than 100 000$ even without dollar dropping.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Hopefully our children's children get to see it one day.

I doubt that too. Market Cap of 21 trillion? Not possible with the current world population.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Maybe when people stop using cash

Been steadily occurring with credit cards and what not so who knows
Activity: 210
Maybe when people stop using cash
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
A million dollar Bitcoin will become reality very soon
Activity: 4
It cant reach that high because multi billion dollar companies will still have transactions with real money no matter how high the price of BTC. It is very unlikely but i think BTC can be valued at 2000$ by 2016
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
the big smart experts once said bitcoin would stabilize at about 800.00 about now . Seems they were off by a bit . the price is going to fall again . I have not looked today but I bet it is less than 450.00 . the only people that are happy now are those that bought thousands of $ worth when they were just pennies . Lucky people bought during the rise and got smart and sold off at above 800.00. Anyone buying after that was simply being foolish.
 I sold mine off for some other coin . can not even remember what as the whole thing got quite uninteresting and having many accounts to just simply buy and sell the silly coins was complicated.
Here is the simple test for anything any product to go big  -- Is it easy to purchase  and sell ? ... bitcoin is the hardest thing I have ever tried to buy and puts you at extraordinary risk of identity theft due to the info you must give to companies you have no idea who they are and can simply be opened by anyone wishing to steal and sell your info and your cash or bitcoins.  it will never ever ever be a mainstream currency . If you think it will then you live in a fantasy world inside your own mind .
Activity: 50
This thread looks totally absurd as the market is falling each day at the moment..!

I think the 1.2k apex was driven by a "gold rush" like event with BTC breaking in the front page of Google News. It then followed a bubble/land slide effect and has now stabilized at 4-5 hundred levels. Stability is good, it's very good in fact and Bitcoin has bravely held many hurdles (Mt Gox, China, Russia, etc). Yes, it will oscillate more then the dollar but consider it is still a new technology and the world has still to adapt to it. Traditional currencies oscillate also, consider USD exchange rates during Bernanke talks or Bureau of Economic Analysis announcements.

A stable $400 level is better than a highly inflated $1200. And although it might not seem like it now, BTC will rise again. It has nowhere else to go but up.

Happy Mining!
Pages:
Jump to: