Pages:
Author

Topic: Will 2017 gains ever happen again? - page 7. (Read 1085 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 263
January 30, 2018, 04:43:22 PM
We are almost in the final stages of this crypto correction. It should be all behind us in next month or two
and 2018 should be even better than 2017.
Activity: 98
Merit: 23
January 30, 2018, 04:41:26 PM
I think the downturn we are currently seeing is a good thing. And just because things are going down doesn't mean that the cryptos will die. The .com bubble did the same thing. I think this downturn will be a healthy thing for the future.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
January 30, 2018, 04:37:35 PM
no one knows what it will be like in the world of cryptocurrency, and opportunities like in 2017 yesterday also no one suspects it, and in 2018 this incident could have happened but also can be otherwise or coin-coin that there will be worse
Activity: 406
Merit: 114
January 30, 2018, 04:36:54 PM

18 billion --> 618 billion = ~34x

618 billion x 34x = ~21 trillion

Can't happen the growth is too high, despite that though we can still have good gains this year.

This is a good post. I did some checking and for it to reach $21 Trillion, it would be in the ball park of the US stock market ($30T), bond market ($40T), and real estate market ($25T) ...

Crypto is a new and hot asset class, for sure, but I can't see it being on par with those behemoths for a long while.  
Activity: 840
Merit: 101
January 30, 2018, 04:28:23 PM
I'm sad that I missed that opportunity. But I still hope that 2018 will be a better year for the cryptocurrency. A lot of things could happen but I think it would still be the same thing which is the prices will go up, new investments will happen and a new batch of millionaires will come.
Activity: 394
Merit: 250
January 30, 2018, 04:20:42 PM
sure they will. But we will have to wait for the major bitcoin bull run. If you have in perspective a bull run from 8000 usd to 40.000 usd, the total marketcap will rise over ATH and gains will be great for almost all altcoins. Problem is i see winter coming and long bear market.
Activity: 756
January 30, 2018, 03:48:04 PM
I feel 2017 gains was a once in a lifetime opportunity and we won't see anything like it again.

January 2017

Many of the top 100 coins with a considerably small investment could have made you a millionaire today, and congrats to those who are.

$10000 in ETH at the time and you would never need to work again.

I just can't see these gains happening again, but anything can happen

Thank you, man, for reminding us these times. I am sure those guys who managed to buy alts for these rates and were rather patient to hold them for the whole year are now celebrating their victory. I do not think that crypto will fall. Believe in alts’ growth.
Activity: 167
Merit: 10
January 30, 2018, 02:32:51 PM
Yes, this year we might chance to see the profit outcome like in 2017. If anyone had holded some good coins in 2017 then now he will be a millionaire.  It is very hard to predict the nature of market but it seems that those situations might again rise and we will get opportunity.

I think just like you. I believe that crypto will continue to increase, although today many major institutions and countries want to try to manage crypto. I think it's just their fantasy to make a profit. And I'm sure crypto will be higher for the price, especially for bitcoin. The more people who want bitcoin the higher the value. And lastly that makes me sure because there has been some news that bitcoin prices can be higher than the year 2017 ago.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
January 30, 2018, 02:29:17 PM
Yeah as previously mentioned I don't think we will see the same gains that we saw in 2017 happen again 2018. The whole market was insane in 2017. Its more about finding the correct coins to invest your money and I am sure you will see some good gains.

And the way 2018 is going... Well things are looking pretty bad so far. Grin

But with that being said I still think it's gonna be a decent year for most cryptos, gonna see some raise.
Activity: 490
January 30, 2018, 02:24:22 PM
Yes, this year we might chance to see the profit outcome like in 2017. If anyone had holded some good coins in 2017 then now he will be a millionaire.  It is very hard to predict the nature of market but it seems that those situations might again rise and we will get opportunity.
Activity: 32
Merit: 2
January 30, 2018, 11:18:17 AM
Of course without doubt there will be gains this year too, due to high demand and new user's and entering the crypto market which makes the prices to shoot high, so it is better to invest now on cryptos, bitcoins will helps get huge returns whereas altcoins will get good returns in the long run as there is a steady increase in the altcoin market. It is quite natural in any financial market for a hike and drop in the market and normally investors invest when there price is low and sell them when there is a hike in the market which gets them good profits.

This.

As more and more people and money come into the space, there's no doubt that 2018 will continue to show a steady increase in altcoin price movements.  It wouldn't surprise me whatosever if that includes both the great projects and the not-so great projects, too.  Noobs to the space will still be affected by pumps / seeing green for FOMO and will acquire assets with little utility or true LT potential.  Many people will get burned on those til they figure out the need to only go long on projects with great teams, attainable project goals, engaged communities and funding that'll last / to support through development, launch and into the 1st couple of years of a finished product.  EOS has set themselves apart from the crowd with the way they've gone about their ICO; kudos to them.  They've got their financing sorted for the rest of their existence, by the looks of it.

Many of you no doubt listen often to Andreas Antonopoulous, right?  He's spoken of something I think we should all bear in mind.  Each and every year, from here on out, somewhere out there in the world, there'll be somebody who sees a problem in the way something is done in her / his community.  It could be a 15 yr old kid, for all we know.  A spark will light in their heads and they'll start to work on something that will then potentially lead to a change in the way industry / business works in our world using this technology.   And for as long as there is a developer working on that project (or ANY project for that matter), it will continue to exist... no matter what the markets value it on any given day.    

So I take this to mean, that even if we think we "missed the boat" with many possible gains in 2017 with all of these projects, that quite likely every year for the rest of our lives, something new might come out that'll give us a chance to "get in early" and lead us to where we've always dreamed of being.  Keep your eyes and ears to the ground.   Read and listen more than we speak and we'll find those diamonds in the rough.

Here's to a great future for us all involved in this space.   Just don't ever forget to help those in need when we're each able.   Become a mentor to others once you've figured it all out and life will be that much sweeter.    Cheesy

Activity: 105
Merit: 2
January 30, 2018, 08:41:28 AM
there are so many ico who are like that and I see a lot of things being done by someone out there to gain profits and commit criminal acts!
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
January 30, 2018, 08:24:39 AM
It’s pretty possible they we will see the same situation. It’s a bit early to speculate but from year to year it repeats
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
January 30, 2018, 08:07:49 AM
Guys, we'll see the same picture for young and promising projects at the end of this year. Gains in 2018 could be even better due to the big money coming.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
January 30, 2018, 08:01:04 AM
It can as the steady increase in the population of the crypto world sooner or later it will be back on track and ain't nobody stopping cause we all moon and be successful.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 102
January 30, 2018, 07:53:55 AM
There will be another gain 2018 but i don't think anybody can fathom exact time or month which we will that huge gain this particular year but at some point this year it will happen.
Activity: 168
https://eloncity.io/
January 30, 2018, 07:43:17 AM
I'm sad and sorry but no i don't think we will se the same growth. Yes it will go up. But we got the boom to early and that makes it much harder to get the same this year. Maybe over two years.
Activity: 476
Merit: 108
January 30, 2018, 07:32:45 AM
Definitely yes, of course it will happen again. It's still too early to speculate
but I'm optimistic about the whole idea. Inflation and deflation are something
we are all familiar with, for this year I think the anticipation would be nerve
racking since last year's gains were quite surprising. This year is also believed to
be altcoin's year, it's heavily favored since it was seen that the other currencies
showed potential and tremendous growth as well as bitcoins.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
January 30, 2018, 05:07:02 AM
I believe that we still have time to get rich and to increase his fortune!  I think that 2018 should show good growth! waiting for spring, and with it the growth of bitcoin and all altcoins!
Activity: 490
Merit: 106
January 30, 2018, 04:55:50 AM
i also hope good trend at 2017 can happen again in 2018  Grin
from year to year crypto price always increase.
and trend always recur.
just pray no bad news that can crash our market  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: